Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The price was right so I snagged it but...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Love my Legmaker!

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #222
Vroom vroom.

20221008_163653.jpg

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #224
I did video of the rebuild and install on the car but I might be changing up how I do Youtube. How to stuff I'm thinking of making only available to "members" of the channel rather than just joe public. Racing and other random stuff will remain public.

I tried to find a way to only make my how to content available to "subscribers" but Youtube doesn't support that. Members is the only way to do it so people would have to actually join the channel for a monthly fee to see those videos. I've turned it on and set it to cheap, like the price of a gallon of premium fuel cheap, but I'm still noodling on how to use it.

What do you guys think? I could care less about the $3.99 but I get way too many people that watch the how to stuff, ask me all kinds of questions, but can't be bothered to subscribe. I'd prefer to weed that out if possible.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Rumble give that a try

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Leave your YouTube as is. Just ignore the questions. I think anyone that has the interest has already subscribed. Its super easy to subscribe when its free, but if you have pay, I think far less would subscribe. Hands down you have the best thing on youtube!

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #227
It's not really about trying to get subscribers, it's about hiding the how to content from those NOT subscribed. If someone wants the how to they'd have to Join the channel which is different from subscribing, I know confusing, way to go YT. I'd put out a 3 min segment of the content and then gotta join to see the full how to.

I'm also pretty sure YT de-prioritizes most car content these days. Several channels I enjoyed have quit putting out content and I think that's why.

I have fun making the videos but it probably doubles the time to complete a project, then editing etc. I may just be getting burned out on doing all that. We'll see, gonna think on it a bit.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
It's not really about trying to get subscribers, it's about hiding the how to content from those NOT subscribed. If someone wants the how to they'd have to Join the channel which is different from subscribing, I know confusing, way to go YT. I'd put out a 3 min segment of the content and then gotta join to see the full how to.

I'm also pretty sure YT de-prioritizes most car content these days. Several channels I enjoyed have quit putting out content and I think that's why.

I have fun making the videos but it probably doubles the time to complete a project, then editing etc. I may just be getting burned out on doing all that. We'll see, gonna think on it a bit.
Instagram seems to be doing pretty good with car content. @2pac has been doing some collab reals tagging me in them and some have got 5k views in 2 hours.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #229
Yeah Instagram is an "entertainment" platform so it's quick hits. My reels get several thousand views usually, especially if you pick the right music. Super low effort on the creator's part too. Just film some random crap on your phone, add music, and hit post to reels LOL.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Speedy, please don't quit making videos! If you do, all that will be left is idiots eating into a microphone. Hard to believe that crap has 51 million views, and you don't. Not sure about everyone else, but when I see that you put out a new video, I almost always drop what I am doing to watch your content. Your channel is both entertaining and helpful. Please don't go the way of the gas powered Hellcat. I don't think the community can take many more big Dodge related losses in such a short time.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #231
Thanks for the kind words, and yeah that AMSR stuff is really weird OMG :oops:

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I did video of the rebuild and install on the car but I might be changing up how I do Youtube. How to stuff I'm thinking of making only available to "members" of the channel rather than just joe public. Racing and other random stuff will remain public.

I tried to find a way to only make my how to content available to "subscribers" but Youtube doesn't support that. Members is the only way to do it so people would have to actually join the channel for a monthly fee to see those videos. I've turned it on and set it to cheap, like the price of a gallon of premium fuel cheap, but I'm still noodling on how to use it.

What do you guys think? I could care less about the $3.99 but I get way too many people that watch the how to stuff, ask me all kinds of questions, but can't be bothered to subscribe. I'd prefer to weed that out if possible.
Nah don't think it will work and why after all these years would you want to charge people? Last time I looked your channel is not very big so actually kind of risky IMHO of going paid subscription.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I took a 20 second clip of my 55 doing 0-35/40 and it got 1700 views within 2 hours. Then nothing.
Only 2nd thing I have ever posted.

I don't think I am cut out for YT/media in general but i have been told I should be into it.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #234
Nah don't think it will work and why after all these years would you want to charge people? Last time I looked your channel is not very big so actually kind of risky IMHO of going paid subscription.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Subscription would be only for how to content. If people aren't interested in that no biggie to me. Just saves me time filming it.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
If the priority is to monetize the channel and withhold information from the casual viewer I have a recommendation.
Still post all relevant topics, with clickbait.
Pull any of the juicy tech out of the clip but mention that members will have the deeper dive and tech talk available to them. It should, based on your initial concern, also give them direct access to you for Q&A… so I’d sell that too.
So, YouTube can still push your vids, casual viewers will get the quick hit casual experience they’re after, and if people want (or need) the tech, they can become a member.

That model seems to work for some of the other tech guys I subscribe too. It isn’t all omitted from the free stuff, because you still want to provide value, but the magic is in the editing.

Good luck!

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #236
That's exactly what I was thinking @Jack_Toepfer. If YT would simply have a setting to publish content to subscribers only this problem goes away but alas they'd lose money I guess. I could care less about the money. I'm actually testing to see if I can turn off ads on Member content so the viewer gets that benefit as well.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Whatever you decide, I am grateful for all you have done on your channel, Speedy.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #238
Thanks buddy.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Well, there is the fan's only thing .....................................

You could use your wife for the 15 sec 'teaser' that plays for free - gotta think out of the box on this stuff ;)

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City