Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Gen 5 whipple 3.0

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
p5160607AA.
No warranty. :(

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
IMG_9545.png

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Some sellers are marking them up. Msrp is 9995. Some sellers state it is a no warranty part. Others state you get the 12 months/12k warranty.

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Mopar would be the warrantor, so believe them when they say no warranty. No dealership/reseller can change that, unless they are writing their own private warranty for the unit.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Will dodge sell the demon 170 blower through direct connection? If they did would the cost be astronomical?
It’s already on there for $11k

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Lot of money. It will still never cool as well as a whipple

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
That’s a kit with injectors and a throttle body. I just want the bare blower.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
If just the blower it would not be a bad price. Not sure if they will ever sell it that way.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Probably not since it’s a direct connection “ kit” someone needs to get the part number off the supercharger

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
They sell a lot more than u think. They dont advertise like Whipple and most only watch Youtube videos of E85 pulls. Shops dont make dyno videos of their latest builds on 93 octane bro just doesnt happen these days anymore. They watch a Youtube video of E85 pulls and naturally assume they make more power so why bother. They do, just not on 93 octane.

Its fact bro the Magnuson will make more power on 93 octane than the 3.0 will. I know, I had a 2650 on my Trackhawk (Stock motor) my buddy had the 3.0 whipple on his Hellcat (Stock motor) I made 40 more whp than he did at the same lower boost levels on 93 octane and methanol. And if u port that Whipple 3.0 the results will be even more dramatic compared to a stock 2650.

Not only that my IAT were about 30 degrees cooler than his. But I do have the Demon hood so that could have played a role. When Magi releases a big blower to compete with the Whipple 3.8 i'll be the first one buying it! But I do have the original Drag Pack version with billet rotors and so far ive been able to push it pretty far.

Back to the dyno in a week or so shooting for 1500 whp without Nitrous so the new Magi would have to be pretty stout but considering they have been working on it for like 5 years now im confident it will be superior but shit by the time that happens Whipple will probably have a 4.0 or 4.5 liter out lol smh.

It is? That is why everyone is using them:unsure:

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
They sell a lot more than u think. They dont advertise like Whipple and most only watch Youtube videos of E85 pulls. Shops dont make dyno videos of their latest builds on 93 octane bro just doesnt happen these days anymore. They watch a Youtube video of E85 pulls and naturally assume they make more power so why bother. They do, just not on 93 octane.

Its fact bro the Magnuson will make more power on 93 octane than the 3.0 will. I know, I had a 2650 on my Trackhawk (Stock motor) my buddy had the 3.0 whipple on his Hellcat (Stock motor) I made 40 more whp than he did at the same lower boost levels on 93 octane and methanol. And if u port that Whipple 3.0 the results will be even more dramatic compared to a stock 2650.

Not only that my IAT were about 30 degrees cooler than his. But I do have the Demon hood so that could have played a role. When Magi releases a big blower to compete with the Whipple 3.8 i'll be the first one buying it! But I do have the original Drag Pack version with billet rotors and so far ive been able to push it pretty far.

Back to the dyno in a week or so shooting for 1500 whp without Nitrous so the new Magi would have to be pretty stout but considering they have been working on it for like 5 years now im confident it will be superior but shit by the time that happens Whipple will probably have a 4.0 or 4.5 liter out lol smh.
Bro:LOL:

They may sell a lot, only know of one running around here and even with a built engine the car has never been impressive. As far as 93 goes maybe that is true but most drag racing are not doing a full 93 tune only

Jon has one to test against his ported 2.7 but weather didn't let it happen this fall. Gen 5 Whipple came out and everyone has been posting great times. Have not seen anything with the maggy that proves it is a great blower. I also don't think think 93 and meth is a 93 tune. Just like everyone running 93 with octane booster, it is more then 93. Snow meth used to advertise 115 octane with it

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sure, DRAG racers will benifit but what percentage of Hellcat owners on this forum drag race or use E85 to drive their car daily or on the weekends? Im betting less than 5%. Yea bro.... 5% at best!

93 and meth is NOT used to tune bro. Its for cooling the IAT's and NOTHING else. It is NOT an octane booster ur confused its not used like that. If ur running straight E85 then methanol is useless imo in fact I removed it from my Trackhawk alltogether after going E85.

Tuning to methanol is a complete other animal. I would never do that with this platform. On a Grand National Yes because without it ull make no power. But for 95% of the Hellcat owners on this forum that will likely never build their motor they would absolutely benifit more from the Magi 2650 than a 3.0 Whipple cause they will all be on 93 octane.

It just goes to show how many people think the Whipple 3.0 is superior to the Maggi 2650 on a DD or weekend warrior which is why ppl buy the Whipple more often cause they assume they just make more power. It wont. The reality is bro almost no one runs E85 unless ur going really fast and heavily modified. The majority of members on this forum run 93 octane thats fact.

To maximize the benifit of the Whipple 3.0 u need a piston and rod combo, fuel system and transmission upgrade. Sure, the Maggi will require that as well when making more power but the Whipple will simply make more power once the boost is raised but that requires a LOT of money bro to get there and considering one would be SLOWER with the Whipple vs. the Magi on 93 just demonstates how much misinformation is out there.

Sure, 5% will benifit from the 3.0 Whipple. The other 95% will benifit from the Magi...... Seems like an easy choice for someone NOT wanting to build their motor, transmission and fuel system.

Bro:LOL:

They may sell a lot, only know of one running around here and even with a built engine the car has never been impressive. As far as 93 goes maybe that is true but most drag racing are not doing a full 93 tune only

Jon has one to test against his ported 2.7 but weather didn't let it happen this fall. Gen 5 Whipple came out and everyone has been posting great times. Have not seen anything with the maggy that proves it is a great blower. I also don't think think 93 and meth is a 93 tune. Just like everyone running 93 with octane booster, it is more then 93. Snow meth used to advertise 115 octane with it

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sure, DRAG racers will benifit but what percentage of Hellcat owners on this forum drag race or use E85 to drive their car daily or on the weekends? Im betting less than 5%. Yea bro.... 5% at best!

93 and meth is NOT used to tune bro. Its for cooling the IAT's and NOTHING else. It is NOT an octane booster ur confused its not used like that. If ur running straight E85 then methanol is useless imo in fact I removed it from my Trackhawk alltogether after going E85.

Tuning to methanol is a complete other animal. I would never do that with this platform. On a Grand National Yes because without it ull make no power. But for 95% of the Hellcat owners on this forum that will likely never build their motor they would absolutely benifit more from the Magi 2650 than a 3.0 Whipple cause they will all be on 93 octane.

It just goes to show how many people think the Whipple 3.0 is superior to the Maggi 2650 on a DD or weekend warrior which is why ppl buy the Whipple more often cause they assume they just make more power. It wont. The reality is bro almost no one runs E85 unless ur going really fast and heavily modified. The majority of members on this forum run 93 octane thats fact.

To maximize the benifit of the Whipple 3.0 u need a piston and rod combo, fuel system and transmission upgrade. Sure, the Maggi will require that as well when making more power but the Whipple will simply make more power once the boost is raised but that requires a LOT of money bro to get there and considering one would be SLOWER with the Whipple vs. the Magi on 93 just demonstates how much misinformation is out there.

Sure, 5% will benifit from the 3.0 Whipple. The other 95% will benifit from the Magi...... Seems like an easy choice for someone NOT wanting to build their motor, transmission and fuel system.
Actually this is the racing forum, not the other site. The 2650 is 2.6 liter, so we can do the math there. Also, the maggie has its own set of issues being rear cog driven. Belt issues requiring an aftermarket tensioner, more cumbersome pulley changes, LOUD (not for everyone). It doesn’t flow enough unless you get the stage 2 ported version, more $$. The whipple was cheaper than the maggie as well. Also, it’s proven that the TVS rotor set generates a lot more heat than whipples. They both cool well because of the huge cores, which we can’t compare to stock here but can compare whipple to maggie. I daily e85, have for years. Lots do.

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
93 and meth is NOT used to tune bro. Its for cooling the IAT's and NOTHING else. It is NOT an octane booster ur confused its not used like that. .
I don't know how you can say it doesn't add octane

"Methanol does have a high octane rating of it's own, at around 114 (some studies indicate up to 119 AKI) so it will increase the octane rating in a similar fashion to ethanol (octane rating about 110)".

If I were running a centrifugal supercharger or turbo and couldn't get e85 this would be the only way I would go

There was a dyno test I saw comparing e85 to 93 and meth. Car made the same power.

Anything added to 93 isn't 93 anymore

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yea, do the math bro. At 18 lbs of boost the Whipple is NOT as effecient as the Magi thats fact.

Nearly ALL have stock unopened motors and have zero desire to change the cog pulley thats for RACING bro its absolutely NOT needed with 18 lbs of boost not sure where ur getting ur info from but its wrong. The Cog is not changed the front pulley is changed. Cog doesnt get changed till ur making north of 1100 whp.

I had one bro im speaking from experience with someone who had a 3.0. We dyno tested them on the same day at the same dyno with identical mods other than blower. There were no belt issues and zero need to change the cog on a 93 octane build. I made 900 whp on 93 octane. Thats about as far as ur taking a stock hellcat motor safely and it was in its effeciency range unlike the Whipple 3.0 at 18 lbs.

Actually this is the racing forum, not the other site. The 2650 is 2.6 liter, so we can do the math there. Also, the maggie has its own set of issues being rear cog driven. Belt issues requiring an aftermarket tensioner, more cumbersome pulley changes, LOUD (not for everyone)

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yea, do the math bro. At 18 lbs of boost the Whipple is NOT as effecient as the Magi thats fact.

Nearly ALL have stock unopened motors and have zero desire to change the cog pulley thats for RACING bro its absolutely NOT needed with 18 lbs of boost not sure where ur getting ur info from but its wrong. The Cog is not changed the front pulley is changed. Cog doesnt get changed till ur making north of 1100 whp.

I had one bro im speaking from experience with someone who had a 3.0. We dyno tested them on the same day at the same dyno with identical mods other than blower. There were no belt issues and zero need to change the cog on a 93 octane build. I made 900 whp on 93 octane. Thats about as far as ur taking a stock hellcat motor safely and it was in its effeciency range unlike the Whipple 3.0 at 18 lbs.
So why did you switch from a maggie to a whipple on your build then? No serious racers on here run 93 period, especially with a whipple. No one should be running 93 and racing their car modified car without a booster, not safe. I’m just trying to figure out what point you’re trying to make. I don’t think anyone on here that has a whipple runs pump gas