Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Gen 5 whipple 3.0

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
I'm looking at getting a whipple 3.0.....Right I'm running dual 525 pumps and 1050X injector's. Are the 1050X enough for it? From my understanding I can run stock rails and my throttle body?

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I'd wait till they get their product issues sorted out.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
I'd wait till they get their product issues sorted out.
I thought they did that with the Gen 5? or at least what I heard. Your right though I dont need issues right off the bat!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I saw that a gen 6 Whipple is available?

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Gen 6 is also having issues...

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
A
Gen 6 is also having issues...[/QUOTE
After my gen 5 going back 3 times they put me onto a gen 6

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
well damn

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
I have a Whipple but id opt for the Maggie 2650 if I were u. Its just better in every way especially effeciency and reliability. There is no better setup on 93 octane period!

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
What ever happened to the Maggie 3.1 that was to come out?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Gen 6 is also having issues...
Can you be specific? It’s just now out. It is a redesign to fix for the problems that Whipple knows were wrong with the Gen 5. I’m not going to pimp for Whipple (I will not be running one anymore) but until Gen 6 problems are known to be widespread like the Gen 5, I wouldn’t accept that as fact. I do know that the damn thing makes a ton of power. I drove one in a full weight Challenger that ran low 9’s on a otherwise stock 6.2 Hellcat. E85 and suspension and tires to get down the track but making 1100+whp on a completely stock 6.2 long block. Ain’t nothing else I’ve seen going to do that.

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Can you be specific? It’s just now out. It is a redesign to fix for the problems that Whipple knows were wrong with the Gen 5. I’m not going to pimp for Whipple (I will not be running one anymore) but until Gen 6 problems are known to be widespread like the Gen 5, I wouldn’t accept that as fact. I do know that the damn thing makes a ton of power. I drove one in a full weight Challenger that ran low 9’s on a otherwise stock 6.2 Hellcat. E85 and suspension and tires to get down the track but making 1100+whp on a completely stock 6.2 long block. Ain’t nothing else I’ve seen going to do that.
Issues with the 3.8 have already been posted by customers on the other forum. I'm just relaying.
It would seem that for whatever reason there are some serious reliability issues with their design on the HC platform. I've seen over a dozen users post about their failures, half again with repeated, multiple failures. A handful have had their replacement units not even make it out of the driveway, let alone the others that failed again within 10 miles. For the price and the pain of lengthy downtime not a product I'd bet on at the moment.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
My 2.4 has almost 90K on it. What would you go for that a car that goes 15K miles a year on the street?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have a Whipple but id opt for the Maggie 2650 if I were u. Its just better in every way especially effeciency and reliability. There is no better setup on 93 octane period!
It is? That is why everyone is using them:unsure:

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Issues with the 3.8 have already been posted by customers on the other forum. I'm just relaying.
It would seem that for whatever reason there are some serious reliability issues with their design on the HC platform. I've seen over a dozen users post about their failures, half again with repeated, multiple failures. A handful have had their replacement units not even make it out of the driveway, let alone the others that failed again within 10 miles. For the price and the pain of lengthy downtime not a product I'd bet on at the moment.
Yes… I’m aware of the issues and what they have been with both the 3.0 and 3.8. We have witnessed the damage first hand on BOTH. Both of our billet 3.8’s were returned and replaced with the new ones. I question that “others” are talking about having problems with the ‘Gen 6’ 3.8’s. We are at the top of Whipples pecking order and just got ours in the last couple weeks. There can’t be a handful of the new ones on running cars at this time. The so called Gen 6 is Whipple’s fix for the known issues on both. I can’t say if it’s going to be the final answer and that they are going to be trouble free, but they are just now coming out and replacing the others. They have been redesigned in a couple areas and I think it’s too soon to say. I understand if people are wary but there’s a lot of shit talk on line that I wouldn’t take as fact.

Last edited:

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Will dodge sell the demon 170 blower through direct connection? If they did would the cost be astronomical?

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Will dodge sell the demon 170 blower through direct connection? If they did would the cost be astronomical?
It's already listed in the catalog. However, like a lot of DC parts, possibly not actually available yet.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
I found the msrp. 9995. I am sure you can eventually get it for less than msrp. Might not be a bad way to go for reliability.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
I found the msrp. 9995. I am sure you can eventually get it for less than msrp. Might not be a bad way to go for reliability.
Got a part number for it ?

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
lol. It did show the part number. But I was laying down watching football in bed. Wife is complaining I’m lazy.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Under direct connection crate engines. Scroll to bottom. Lists as new. Msrp. 9995