Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

7th car announcement

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
If Dodge is doing carbon wheels, they aren’t for the last call.
And, for the record, these things haven’t been affordable to normal people since 2017 when interest rates were nothing and they were giving away the 2016s. You people aren’t normal ;)
WTF Jack...I realized I wasn't normal in 8th grade...o_Oo_Oo_O

OP
Demoniccat

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #82
At least 2,000 units.
They need cash and this is how they will get it.

Still a shit load of Hellcats (717 variety) available to order and that number isn't moving down much whenever they update their HP locator.

Like the Demon, they want their customers to be able to get one.
They will talk a big game about trying to fight markups but it won't work unless they give people allocations and they get to dealer shop.

This is easily a 120k car MSRP. And knowing full well markups will be added it may be over 130k.

Interest rates are now in the 6s? A lot of people who could swing for a 90k Demon in 2018 might be out of the game with the increased price and higher finance rates.

A few dealers still sitting on Demons hoping some dumbass pays them 200k for them. Now they get this whopper.

Good luck. I have my name on quite a few dealer lists. But I don't think I will be getting one. Just too much $$
TFB let them choke on the 200k in their dreams

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I have yet.to hear or see anything from this ambassador. Now im probably not the target audience, but it would need to be 300k for me to concentrate on it for a year.

And even for 150k im not sure they are getting their moneys worth.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Back in February when I was 1st told about the wheels what stood out was he said was the front and back were going to be different diameters. Only reason to do that would be to fit Hellcat. Anything new coming out they could design it to not have to do that. Never even though they would be for an ev.

All he knew at the time was Dodge was ordering them. Once I heard they were used in testing by someone else that knew about it and he came and told me also that was verification.
The Go To sizes for the Cars are 18X5 for the front and 17X10 for the rear. It's concievable the Car could come with ET Street tires front and back. Or the wheels could be in a Crate without tires.

This car is not going to have Hellcat front brakes.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Are you sure? While the demon was a great quarter mile car, i personally would expect the "finale" to be a more all arounder myself. But then who knows what stellantis might do.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Are you sure? While the demon was a great quarter mile car, i personally would expect the "finale" to be a more all arounder myself. But then who knows what stellantis might do.
If Dodge REALLY wanted to wow with an exit it would be a last-edition SC VIPER...

I know, I know....

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
If Dodge REALLY wanted to wow with an exit it would be a last-edition SC VIPER...

I know, I know....
I thought only "older" guys still owned Vipers:unsure:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I thought only "older" guys still owned Vipers:unsure:
huh? i love my viper and I'm a generation younger than you! maybe you are confused. instead of vipers you meant corvette...vipers are a handful...no nannies...definitely not for the faint of heart (read: no pacemakers allowed) :LOL:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
huh? i love my viper and I'm a generation younger than you! maybe you are confused. instead of vipers you meant corvette...vipers are a handful...no nannies...definitely not for the faint of heart (read: no pacemakers allowed) :LOL:
Having almost a full generation of experience on you piloting Vipers...it's safe to say I'm in pretty familiar territory behind the wheel..bet the average age of Viper owners is older than you think...but then again...what do I know..:giggle::giggle:

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
If it had been a 3 year gig or something, maybe, but I'm blessed to have a pretty good career. They asked me if $150K was life changing and I told them I'd do it for free during the interview process. That was when I thought it was a real "ambassador" thing on the weekends and what not. Definitely not what it ended up being, they'd have to pay me $300K to do that.
I work for Stellantis and I wouldn't do it for $150K

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Honestly I never even considered this car to be anything but a Drag Focused Halo. I will be shocked if it is not.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I don't think Dodge can do anything else with the Challenger.
I don't think they can build something that would keep up with the ZL1 1LE. And that car is about 75k.
GT500s are no longer produced but used ones are as low as the 70s.

I don't see how Dodge can even try and compete with that.
I think this is a Demon killer. Its what I predicted back when the Demon came out. Dodge would bring another killer to excite sales again.

This is it. I think it will have the trans brake and Demon suspension etc. NHRA now allows to run 9 flat. This car I expect to run an 8.90 out of the box.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
If they’re blowing up engines it’s to make a lot of power. They don’t need more than what they have to go fast around a racetrack, but this platform isn’t going to be competitive doing laps and be the last of its kind. It was never about that (turning).
I have a feeling it’s drag oriented but I would be shocked if they were trying to dethrone the Demon… that’d be a real shame for those guys.

I don’t know what to expect. If it has the 1000hp I think it may, then it’ll be really fast, and will overtake the Demon. So how do they make the Last Call and let the Demon buyers still feel good about it? Or do they acknowledge that by going EV they’ve already traded in their traditional MOPAR fans and they don’t care how the Demon owners feel? I personally don’t care if the Demon is dethroned, they had a good ride for the last 5 years, so I think we are getting a low 9 second DragPak looking behemoth with a Whipple (or 3L IHI) and a VIN.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Look at past history of all the "last chance, limited edition" stuff that wasn't actually last chance nor limited edition.

2008 SRT Challenger limited only year Hemi Orange. 2009 upgraded car and yep Hemi Orange available. Tanked the 2008 values.
2018 Demon -> 2019 Redeye (pretty much the same), then comes the Superstock.
2021 Durango Hellcat last call get it while they last, whoops just kidding here they are for 2023.

I could go on.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Look at past history of all the "last chance, limited edition" stuff that wasn't actually last chance nor limited edition.

2008 SRT Challenger limited only year Hemi Orange. 2009 upgraded car and yep Hemi Orange available. Tanked the 2008 values.
2018 Demon -> 2019 Redeye (pretty much the same), then comes the Superstock.
2021 Durango Hellcat last call get it while they last, whoops just kidding here they are for 2023.

I could go on.
I'm beginning to think Stellantis is only in it for the money. :unsure::LOL:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Dodge was too?

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
I agree with you all on the "just kidding" approach with the special editions, etc. When I got my Hellcat in early 2017, I had the sense then to tell myself, enjoy owning the king of the hill, top of the heap, baddest Mopar car on the road, because it won't last too long, whch is fine because they need to keep the pipeline full and make $. I just struggle with how fast and sudden the rug got pulled out on us by the woke world of today...Dodge had the best modern muscle car/SUV lineup, awesome marketing campaigns, etc. that just kept feeding us gearheads like heroin addicts, and then what seems like overnight, it's gone, and gone all the way over to the complete opposite end of the spectrum.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Depending on what happens it wouldn't surprise me if they're back with ICE V8s in 2 - 3 years bigger and badder than ever. Or, maybe they go completely out of business. Time will tell.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
If they’re blowing up engines it’s to make a lot of power. They don’t need more than what they have to go fast around a racetrack, but this platform isn’t going to be competitive doing laps and be the last of its kind. It was never about that (turning).
I have a feeling it’s drag oriented but I would be shocked if they were trying to dethrone the Demon… that’d be a real shame for those guys.

I don’t know what to expect. If it has the 1000hp I think it may, then it’ll be really fast, and will overtake the Demon. So how do they make the Last Call and let the Demon buyers still feel good about it? Or do they acknowledge that by going EV they’ve already traded in their traditional MOPAR fans and they don’t care how the Demon owners feel? I personally don’t care if the Demon is dethroned, they had a good ride for the last 5 years, so I think we are getting a low 9 second DragPak looking behemoth with a Whipple (or 3L IHI) and a VIN.
Agreed....Hell I have a demon ...and I wont be pissed if it's dethroned...on a scale of 1 to 200.things that could piss me off....my Demon status aint on the list...;)

Last edited:

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Depending on what happens it wouldn't surprise me if they're back with ICE V8s in 2 - 3 years bigger and badder than ever. Or, maybe they go completely out of business. Time will tell.
I expect the latter. Too much too suddenly. Like they are trying to do 10 years transition in 2. Sometimes upper management thinks they could simply speak it, and it will happen. Anyone who doesn't pull the corporate line gets replaced. Recipe for disaster.

I'm still wondering who is building this thing? They disbanded the SRT team a year ago. Lemmie take a guess at the conversation:

Stellantis:: Make it 1000hp.

SRT: "if you do. it'll blow up".

Stellantis: "Are you telling me I don't know what I am doing!!! You are reassigned, second string, take over."

Second String: "Yes Sir!"

The rest is history in the making.