Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

7th car announcement

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
So, it took Dodge 115 or so years to make the ultimate muscle car. It took Tesla about 15 or so years before they came out with the Plaid, now Stellantis will build the fastest EV ever made at their first time at bat. No wonder why people believe in global warming, everybody is a winner, 146 genders, orange man bad, blah, blah, etc. After boomers, X, Y, Z, A, millennial, zinennial, will be Gen S, for “suckers”. Again, sometimes I’m glad I’m old.
You may say that now....wait till yer 80...o_O;)

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
So what are people's predictions of how MANY will be made? That's key imo. If they make a couple of 1000, that would give real enthusiasts at least a shot. 200? Forgetaboutit (unless you know a guy and even then, you'd likely have to be willing and able to pay "whatever"). Also, the top 200 selling dealerships got the top 2 FE sticker jobs (Black Ghost and the 807hp Mango Charger). Same deal here or maybe only PowerBrokers get a shot this time? While many will guffaw at the idea, Dodge has, in the past, with the Viper, given direct allocations to "loyal customers" (priced at MSRP). So that may not be completely off the table, just sayin'.

Either way, this late in the game, there definitely are insiders who know what's coming down the pike (beyond Tim and his crew).

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
So what are people's predictions of how MANY will be made? That's key imo. If they make a couple of 1000, that would give real enthusiasts at least a shot. 200? Forgetaboutit (unless you know a guy and even then, you'd likely have to be willing and able to pay "whatever"). Also, the top 200 selling dealerships got the top 2 FE sticker jobs (Black Ghost and the 807hp Mango Charger). Same deal here or maybe only PowerBrokers get a shot this time? While many will guffaw at the idea, Dodge has, in the past, with the Viper, given direct allocations to "loyal customers" (priced at MSRP). So that may not be completely off the table, just sayin'.

Either way, this late in the game, there definitely are insiders who know what's coming down the pike (beyond Tim and his crew).
Would have to look back on my thread of last car rumors. I was told how many carbon fiber wheels they were asked to make and may give an estimate

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
this is what I posted almost a year ago

One of our venders that comes in visits other companies and knows I have a Hellcat. He came in today and told me that a company he visits was approached to make 15,000 carbon fiber wheels for Dodge.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Also with what has happened in testing and everything else the number could have changed

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Has anyone seen a dealer post a price ?
I thought I seen 1 on 1 of these sights

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Pure guesses...

Either 100, 300, or 3000

100 would be "more exclusive" than the 300 each of the special editions, 300 would match the special editions, and 3000 would match the Demons...

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Has anyone seen a dealer post a price ?
I thought I seen 1 on 1 of these sights

Bump LOL

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Pure guesses...

Either 100, 300, or 3000

100 would be "more exclusive" than the 300 each of the special editions, 300 would match the special editions, and 3000 would match the Demons...

It all is a pure guess but if they only planned on building 100 why would they order 15000 wheels

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It all is a pure guess but if they only planned on building 100 why would they order 15000 wheels

I forgot about that...

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
For the inline 6 twin turbo models in 2025 :whistle:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I was looking at the order form for the COPO Camaro. There's a question in there that asks, are you going to race it or are you a collector. This is part of the decision process by Chevy before they will build 1 for you.

Dodge should do this but never will.
They will build you one.

I think if you want one of the factory/super stock cars, they want it to be raced. I don't think they give a shit about the 632 version.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

At least 2,000 units.
They need cash and this is how they will get it.

Still a shit load of Hellcats (717 variety) available to order and that number isn't moving down much whenever they update their HP locator.

Like the Demon, they want their customers to be able to get one.
They will talk a big game about trying to fight markups but it won't work unless they give people allocations and they get to dealer shop.

This is easily a 120k car MSRP. And knowing full well markups will be added it may be over 130k.

Interest rates are now in the 6s? A lot of people who could swing for a 90k Demon in 2018 might be out of the game with the increased price and higher finance rates.

A few dealers still sitting on Demons hoping some dumbass pays them 200k for them. Now they get this whopper.

Good luck. I have my name on quite a few dealer lists. But I don't think I will be getting one. Just too much $$

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
For the inline 6 twin turbo models in 2025 :whistle:
I'd love to get my hands on one to hot rod.
I believe that little engine has a lot of potential to make big HP.

Packaged in the right car, Dodge could have a killer car on the horizon.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat

One for each HP the motor makes

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
By the time you're done with all the ADM, Last Call mark ups, and general feeding frenzy, I'll just take a Ford GT for the same money

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
BC the "new" Dodge.

or if they're trying to use carbon fibre wheels (which are right now a virtual monopoly as far as major manufacturers go and they're trying to cheap out) that may be the number they have to order to get 300 working sets...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
So what are people's predictions of how MANY will be made?
I would say 1500. Won't bore you with the reasoning.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
this is what I posted almost a year ago

One of our venders that comes in visits other companies and knows I have a Hellcat. He came in today and told me that a company he visits was approached to make 15,000 carbon fiber wheels for Dodge.
Ok so this is the first bit of semi-quantitative evidence we have (vs pure conjecture).

So if they ordered 15000 wheels then / 4 = enough for 3750 cars. Maybe 100 test mules. so that gets you to maybe 3650. Figure ~1/2 of those wheels are for future parts (and/or a lot of fluff for sets that don't work quite well enough).

If so, that gives us +-2000 cars.

If Dodge does that, it's would be a BIG win for regular ppl who want one. Still HUGE demand and markups but despite a lot of denial, there ARE MSRP-only dealers out there if you dig hard enough. Starting that search now though is probably a bit late. The other issue is how many of the dealerships would actually sell them (at any price)? This is the type of car that the dealer likely -keeps-.

So if they do the top 200 dealers Nationwide that's ~10 allocations on average. Seems high. At 2000 they probably expand that to the top 500 dealerships. So maybe 4 allocations on average with some getting more and some getting less. A lot like the Demon.

Anyhow, I hope the "carbon wheel math clue" turns out to be right on...

PS One -other- option is that 2000 original Demon owners get a shot (via direct allocation from Dodge similar to past Viper deals). The thing there is, I doubt 2000 original Demon owners exist. I'd guess more than half have flipped at this point. But even if it's only 1000 original owners, maybe the remaining 1000 go to the top dealers. This way Dodge keeps both "camps" happy...

And yes, I'm guessing my arse off at this point..:LOL:

Last edited: