Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What's going on with Car #7 (a semi-objective analysis)...

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Some of ya'll got way too much time on your hands LOL. I've now seen a second report of this thing having an electric supercharger. NO THANKS if that's true. It wouldn't surprise me since they're pushing the electric BS so hard. "See look even our top last super edition Challenger has electrification! Never mind it's infinitely more complex and heavier than simply bolting on a 3.0L blower, we had to do it! They made us!"
The challengers at 131 last week had the 3.0 blower on them. Not sure where all this electric blower stuff is coming from

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thread Starter #62
I find it amazing...throughout the whole thread..everybody seems to know an insider...or has a buddy who has a cousin that was dating a girl...whose brother worked on the SRT team...you personally have called 125 dealers..(slow week @ work?)...countless You Tube supposed info....So what do we really know for sure after all this...nothing...:oops::oops::oops:;)...maybe that's a good thing:unsure:
Well, you can doubt me (and others) if you want. I can't vouch for you but I don't make sh!t up. As I said, I'm simply sharing what I've heard from people who definitely know more than I do on this topic. This is a forum, not an encyclopedia. We share things. If you don't like that concept, you always have the option of skipping a post and moving on.

As for your slam on my work ethic. I take that one personally. I'm a very driven person who does what he has to in order to get what I want. As I said previously (but you ignored it), I did all this on my time over a period of weeks. My work is results driven and not 9-5 punch-the-clock. I guess you already forgot that I managed to write a trilogy in my spare time. It would appear that I'm much more efficient with my time than you are. Perhaps you can work on that in your spare time, which you seem to have plenty of given the 11K+ posts you've managed to log on here! ;)

Last edited:

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Where's the damn C D M when you ya need him for the scoop ?! :rolleyes:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I don't get the electric supercharger stuff. To what, save parasitic loss? For a run of 300-700, that does not make sense from supply chain / parts support. Unless there is a chance.to use the same unit in other applications.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Where's the damn C D M when you ya need him for the scoop ?! :rolleyes:
I can almost guarantee he has no "scoop".

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Well, you can doubt me (and others) if you want. I can't vouch for you but I don't make sh!t up. As I said, I'm simply sharing what I've heard from people who definitely know more than I do on this topic. This is a forum, not an encyclopedia. We share things. If you don't like that concept, you always have the option of skipping a post and moving on.

As for your slam on my work ethic. I take that one personally. I'm a very driven person who does what he has to in order to get what I want. As I said previously (but you ignored it), I did all this on my time over a period of weeks. My work is results driven and not 9-5 punch-the-clock. I guess you already forgot that I managed to write a trilogy in my spare time. It would appear that I'm much more efficient with my time than you are. Perhaps you can work on that in your spare time, which you seem to have plenty of given the 11K+ posts you've managed to log on here! ;)
Wow...look who woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...sure am glad you've given me the green light to doubt any info posted...and so you say you don't make shit up...( well actually your whole trilogy was kinda made up wasn't it:giggle::giggle:)..but ya kinda left it open that I was inclined to engage in such BS...Now I get the concept of the Forum...and I pretty much have navigated it for a couple years without your help...(let's kinda keep it that way shall we)...Now my anecdotal comment was not a slam on your work ethic...it was humor...nothing more...quite frankly it is of no concern to me ..what you do ...how you do it..how proficient you are..or what kind of renumeration you get...that's your business...I don't care...so let's agree to leave the...I'm more focused..I'm more efficient...uhh my dicks bigger than yours nonsense outta the equation...:p:p:p;)

Last edited:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Our glorious, selfie-happy "Chief Donut Maker"....just being my usual, sarcastic self

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
No no no, that is a really good point... I thought this was the type of thing he should have been involved in, right?

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I’m going with what I heard in the barber shop. So far, it hasn’t been wrong. 😁

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
1. Zero percent chance Dodge can or wants to produce 3312 of these cars (i.e. the Demon production number). I am told a number closer to 500 is what is likely possible in this short run (esp with production and mechanical issues they are experiencing).
With the pressure Stellantis is putting on Dodge, I can't imagine they would not be doing this unless they expected significant profit. At 500 total units, I can't imaging a MSRP under $150k, maybe closer to $200k. If low mile Demons are selling for $150k, I have to figure Dodge will be asking close to $200k, especially if it is faster and more rare than a Demon. I'll pass thank you.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I’m going with what I heard in the barber shop. So far, it hasn’t been wrong. 😁
Hmmm...his name wouldn't happen to be Floyed would it...:unsure:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
With the pressure Stellantis is putting on Dodge, I can't imagine they would not be doing this unless they expected significant profit. At 500 total units, I can't imaging a MSRP under $150k, maybe closer to $200k. If low mile Demons are selling for $150k, I have to figure Dodge will be asking close to $200k, especially if it is faster and more rare than a Demon. I'll pass thank you.
I disagree... but maybe it's my age.or something. I can see 150; but 200 sounds nuts. But you very well could be right.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hmmm...his name wouldn't happen to be Floyed would it...:unsure:
Speaking of that, we are.down here to I think only one real barber shop in town. Kind-of sad. Not that I need them (I am aerodynamic) but could still use them for beard trims and upkeep.

And the ones by the courthouse back in the day were almost.like a news stand. They knew everything that was happening and you could almost always run into folks you knew.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I disagree... but maybe it's my age.or something. I can see 150; but 200 sounds nuts. But you very well could be right.
Everything about the 23's and beyond seems nuts to me. But what do I know, I'm old... :)

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Ok, it may be time to chow on a little crow. After digging (and more digging) it -may- turn out that some of what Mr. RacerX (and our own highly credible DRAGRCR) have recently reported as it relates to the elusive Last Call Car #7 could be closer to the truth than I originally surmised.

Now mind you, nothing has been OFFICIALLY said either way by Dodge brass (yet), but those who know TimK well -seem- to be leaking bits and pieces.

A few things I learned in the last 24h or so...

0. Believe it or not Mr. RacerX may in fact be getting some/most of his intel straight from Dodge. If you go back to his early posts he suggested that Dodge reached out to him. I am not a subscriber to the guy so I'm betting some of you may know more about his background. All I know is that he raced a modded HC a few years ago and has a fair number of followers, so Dodge may be using his ability to spread information quickly. Regardless, he needs to plant a tree or two in his yard! lol.

1. Zero percent chance Dodge can or wants to produce 3312 of these cars (i.e. the Demon production number). I am told a number closer to 500 is what is likely possible in this short run (esp with production and mechanical issues they are experiencing).

2. As for the recent mechanical issues that have been reported, my source (as well as that article you may have seen) says that the problem has been identified and production is back on schedule, albeit delayed from the initial timeline. We are now looking at some sort of announcement ~Q1 2023.

3. Dodge would like to limit 'flipping' since it will be a highly sought-after, valuable car. They also are not a fan of massive ADM gouging and their plan addresses both of these concerns.

4. Combining 1 and 2 above they may be looking at giving a shot to Demon owners who bought their car new AND still own it. This serves double duty of limiting flipping (since these owners could have flipped 100x over by now and haven't) and it also shrinks that 3312 Demon owner pool by a big percentage. 50%? 70% 80%? This route has not been set but is being seriously considered.

5. Horsepower may very well be in excess of 1000hp. This contradicts what I was originally told but to me, it makes more sense when you hear that they are grenading engines. 900hp? As many have noted here, that seems unlikely. 1000+? More likely. Anyhow not confirmed but this HP range was strongly hinted at by someone I trust. I have been unable to get more detail on how they get to their final number but others online are suggesting the Hellaphant 3.0 blower and a smaller pulley and of course E85. I asked about the "electric" supercharger but so far no one can confirm or deny that. To me the idea seems silly, but I guess you never know.

6. Dealers are completely in the dark. This is why I was hesitant to accept what DRAGRCR was suggesting initially. None of the big dealers are aware of this possible plan, and I've spoken to over 125 of them over the past couple of weeks. In fact, many are making car #7 lists and several are taking deposits on a car that has not been revealed. I guess keeping them in the dark makes sense if the plan is to cut them out of the process.

7. If all of this comes to pass (again -not certain-), there would be a registration process/window to show you are a Demon owner (and possibly that you are the original owner). There would then be an expedited approval process to make sure what you provided was indeed true.

8. I was told some or all of the payment would go directly through Dodge. The price would be MSRP, no ADM. The way it could work from there is how DRAGRCR said. The customer would decide what local dealer gets delivery.

9. Related to 7, my source says the powers that be are -not- a fan of a lottery. They would much rather be able to make enough cars that fit the end criteria Dodge ultimately uses (that also gets them into the desired production of ~300-700 units).

10. On that last point, I asked why such deference to Demon owners? Answer given: "Because they were promised that no Challenger would ever exceed the Demon." Well, this one will. So one way for Tim K to keep his word is to offer these owners an opportunity to buy this last-call car. If you look at it in that light, it begins to make sense. Tim is many things, including a guy who seems to be genuine and someone who doesn't want to go back on his word. Call me jaded, but I was surprised that this was an actual consideration.

Again, nothing above is a stone-cold fact but simply (well-placed) rumblings I am hearing from people in the know who I trust. A LOT has shifted apparently over the past week or so. Dodge is surely hearing about how Last Call Cars 1-6 are being jacked up to crazy levels. Another possible factor there could be news that the dealerships are also planning to ask ASTRONOMICAL ADMs for the #7 car if given the chance. No idea where they might have gotten that type of dealer-specific intel! ;) Maybe all the recent dealer skullduggery is shifting how Dodge will deal with their final ICE Halo Car. As of right now, the process definitely still seems to be fluid. The downtime to get the car right likely will also be used to figure out how to allocate it. Whatever they decide, at least it won't be rushed.

From where I am sitting, all of this intrigue is pretty interesting. It reminds me of the massive hype build-up for the Demon. I think it would be fitting if Dodge goes out on a similar hype-machine extravaganza...
I Just emailed my thoughts to my inside person and told him to forward as needed. I told them that I 100% would arrange payment to Stellantis directly when putting in my order through a VIP in plant scheduling. I also know someone that is at SEMA right now and he confirmed the rumors I have been hearing about the SRT Charger Banshee. Lets say that I will likely want to have one of those too. Anyone want to buy a Demon? LOL

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Speaking of that, we are.down here to I think only one real barber shop in town. Kind-of sad. Not that I need them (I am aerodynamic) but could still use them for beard trims and upkeep.

And the ones by the courthouse back in the day were almost.like a news stand. They knew everything that was happening and you could almost always run into folks you knew.
We still have a few up here..one old time shop has 6 barbers...some have worked there for decades...it's a neighborhood institution,,(y)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
From 2015 the current platform Challenger has been a money maker for the motor company...very little has changed..and the re tooling for body parts and interior has been minimal...I can see the price point for the mysterious #7..@ about a buck forty...but again what do I know...after all...I got no "GUY":(:(;)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
From 2015 the current platform Challenger has been a money maker for the motor company...very little has changed..and the re tooling for body parts and interior has been minimal...I can see the price point for the mysterious #7..@ about a buck forty...but again what do I know...after all...I got no "GUY":(:(;)
It's based off of the Mercedes E Class cars from the 90s. Nothing even remotely new about it.