Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What's going on with Car #7 (a semi-objective analysis)...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I give him slightly less credibility than myself...

Oh, wait...

:unsure:
don't feel bad...so do we...:oops:

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thread Starter #42
Ok, it may be time to chow on a little crow. After digging (and more digging) it -may- turn out that some of what Mr. RacerX (and our own highly credible DRAGRCR) have recently reported as it relates to the elusive Last Call Car #7 could be closer to the truth than I originally surmised.

Now mind you, nothing has been OFFICIALLY said either way by Dodge brass (yet), but those who know TimK well -seem- to be leaking bits and pieces.

A few things I learned in the last 24h or so...

0. Believe it or not Mr. RacerX may in fact be getting some/most of his intel straight from Dodge. If you go back to his early posts he suggested that Dodge reached out to him. I am not a subscriber to the guy so I'm betting some of you may know more about his background. All I know is that he raced a modded HC a few years ago and has a fair number of followers, so Dodge may be using his ability to spread information quickly. Regardless, he needs to plant a tree or two in his yard! lol.

1. Zero percent chance Dodge can or wants to produce 3312 of these cars (i.e. the Demon production number). I am told a number closer to 500 is what is likely possible in this short run (esp with production and mechanical issues they are experiencing).

2. As for the recent mechanical issues that have been reported, my source (as well as that article you may have seen) says that the problem has been identified and production is back on schedule, albeit delayed from the initial timeline. We are now looking at some sort of announcement ~Q1 2023.

3. Dodge would like to limit 'flipping' since it will be a highly sought-after, valuable car. They also are not a fan of massive ADM gouging and their plan addresses both of these concerns.

4. Combining 1 and 2 above they may be looking at giving a shot to Demon owners who bought their car new AND still own it. This serves double duty of limiting flipping (since these owners could have flipped 100x over by now and haven't) and it also shrinks that 3312 Demon owner pool by a big percentage. 50%? 70% 80%? This route has not been set but is being seriously considered.

5. Horsepower may very well be in excess of 1000hp. This contradicts what I was originally told but to me, it makes more sense when you hear that they are grenading engines. 900hp? As many have noted here, that seems unlikely. 1000+? More likely. Anyhow not confirmed but this HP range was strongly hinted at by someone I trust. I have been unable to get more detail on how they get to their final number but others online are suggesting the Hellaphant 3.0 blower and a smaller pulley and of course E85. I asked about the "electric" supercharger but so far no one can confirm or deny that. To me the idea seems silly, but I guess you never know.

6. Dealers are completely in the dark. This is why I was hesitant to accept what DRAGRCR was suggesting initially. None of the big dealers are aware of this possible plan, and I've spoken to over 125 of them over the past couple of weeks. In fact, many are making car #7 lists and several are taking deposits on a car that has not been revealed. I guess keeping them in the dark makes sense if the plan is to cut them out of the process.

7. If all of this comes to pass (again -not certain-), there would be a registration process/window to show you are a Demon owner (and possibly that you are the original owner). There would then be an expedited approval process to make sure what you provided was indeed true.

8. I was told some or all of the payment would go directly through Dodge. The price would be MSRP, no ADM. The way it could work from there is how DRAGRCR said. The customer would decide what local dealer gets delivery.

9. Related to 7, my source says the powers that be are -not- a fan of a lottery. They would much rather be able to make enough cars that fit the end criteria Dodge ultimately uses (that also gets them into the desired production of ~300-700 units).

10. On that last point, I asked why such deference to Demon owners? Answer given: "Because they were promised that no Challenger would ever exceed the Demon." Well, this one will. So one way for Tim K to keep his word is to offer these owners an opportunity to buy this last-call car. If you look at it in that light, it begins to make sense. Tim is many things, including a guy who seems to be genuine and someone who doesn't want to go back on his word. Call me jaded, but I was surprised that this was an actual consideration.

Again, nothing above is a stone-cold fact but simply (well-placed) rumblings I am hearing from people in the know who I trust. A LOT has shifted apparently over the past week or so. Dodge is surely hearing about how Last Call Cars 1-6 are being jacked up to crazy levels. Another possible factor there could be news that the dealerships are also planning to ask ASTRONOMICAL ADMs for the #7 car if given the chance. No idea where they might have gotten that type of dealer-specific intel! ;) Maybe all the recent dealer skullduggery is shifting how Dodge will deal with their final ICE Halo Car. As of right now, the process definitely still seems to be fluid. The downtime to get the car right likely will also be used to figure out how to allocate it. Whatever they decide, at least it won't be rushed.

From where I am sitting, all of this intrigue is pretty interesting. It reminds me of the massive hype build-up for the Demon. I think it would be fitting if Dodge goes out on a similar hype-machine extravaganza...

Last edited:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
That ain't his yard, its the dog park, where his dog is trying to do his business while he films....

Electric supercharger: there used to be a group of guys in a shop using a leaf blower to "force" induct a Honda on a dyno. It was a great watch. At the end, they get a bottle of N20 and just hold it and spray it into the leaf blowers intake at maximum RPM and that little Honda motor jumps like a scalded dog, but I cannot find it anymore. I personally just do not see this is a meaningful option for Dodge at this level. It would be R&D and parts / support nightmare for little to no longterm / cross over utility for other vehicles.

And since i do not have a new demon in the garage, I'm out of on this one.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thread Starter #44
That ain't his yard, its the dog park, where his dog is trying to do his business while he films....

Electric supercharger: there used to be a group of guys in a shop using a leaf blower to "force" induct a Honda on a dyno. It was a great watch. At the end, they get a bottle of N20 and just hold it and spray it into the leaf blowers intake at maximum RPM and that little Honda motor jumps like a scalded dog, but I cannot find it anymore. I personally just do not see this is a meaningful option for Dodge at this level. It would be R&D and parts / support nightmare for little to no longterm / cross over utility for other vehicles.

And since i do not have a new demon in the garage, I'm out of on this one.
Well if it's a dog park, even more need for a tree or two, no? Or at least a fire hydrant!

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
It proves they (the owners) don’t give a chit. About this last Hellcat, last year.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
5. Horsepower may very well be in excess of 1000hp. This contradicts what I was originally told but to me, it makes more sense when you hear that they are grenading engines. 900hp? As many have noted here, that seems unlikely. 1000+? More likely. Anyhow not confirmed but this HP range was strongly hinted at by someone I trust. I have been unable to get more detail on how they get to their final number but others online are suggesting the Hellaphant 3.0 blower and a smaller pulley and of course E85. I asked about the "electric" supercharger but so far no one can confirm or deny that. To me the idea seems silly, but I guess you never know.

See the "Hellephant" thread!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I would be more surprised if there even is a high hp 7th car. Engine and drivetrain breaking was verified from someone I know that knows people on the inside as with what has been reported. They will not spend millions of dollars to fix the issues when they are going to abandon the platform. They could do a 909 hp just to say they beat the Demon but this all out 1.29 60 ft car doesn't not look like it will happen

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Ok, it may be time to chow on a little crow. After digging (and more digging) it -may- turn out that some of what Mr. RacerX (and our own highly credible DRAGRCR) have recently reported as it relates to the elusive Last Call Car #7 could be closer to the truth than I originally surmised.

Now mind you, nothing has been OFFICIALLY said either way by Dodge brass (yet), but those who know TimK well -seem- to be leaking bits and pieces.

0. Believe it or not Mr. RacerX may in fact be getting some/most of his intel straight from Dodge. If you go back to his early posts he suggested that Dodge reached out to him. I am not a subscriber to the guy so I'm betting some of you may know more about his background. All I know is that he raced a modded HC a few years ago and has a fair number of followers, so Dodge may be using his ability to spread information quickly. Regardless, he needs to plant a tree or two in his yard! lol.

1. Zero percent chance Dodge can or wants to produce 3312 of these cars (i.e. the Demon production number). I am told a number closer to 500 is what is likely possible in this short run (esp with production and mechanical issues they are experiencing).

2. As for the recent mechanical issues that have been reported, my source (as well as that article you may have seen) says that the problem has been identified and production is back on schedule, albeit delayed from the initial timeline. We are now looking at some sort of announcement ~Q1 2023.

3. Dodge would like to limit 'flipping' since it will be a highly sought-after, valuable car. They also are not a fan of massive ADM gouging and their plan addresses both of these concerns.

4. Combining 1 and 2 above they may be looking at giving a shot to Demon owners who bought their car new AND still own it. This serves double duty of limiting flipping (since these owners could have flipped 100x over by now and haven't) and it also shrinks that 3312 Demon owner pool by a big percentage. 50%? 70% 80%? This route has not been set but is being seriously considered.

6. Dealers are completely in the dark. This is why I was hesitant to accept what DRAGRCR was suggesting initially. None of the big dealers are aware of this possible plan, and I've spoken to over 125 of them over the past couple of weeks. In fact, many are making car #7 lists and several are taking deposits on a car that has not been revealed. I guess keeping them in the dark makes sense if the plan is to cut them out of the process.

7. If all of this comes to pass (again -not certain-), there would be a registration process/window to show you are a Demon owner (and possibly that you are the original owner). There would then be an expedited approval process to make sure what you provided was indeed true.

8. I was told some or all of the payment would go directly through Dodge. The price would be MSRP, no ADM. The way it could work from there is how DRAGRCR said. The customer would decide what local dealer gets delivery.

9. Related to 7, my source says the powers that be are -not- a fan of a lottery. They would much rather be able to make enough cars that fit the end criteria Dodge ultimately uses (that also gets them into the desired production of ~300-700 units).

10. On that last point, I asked why such deference to Demon owners? Answer given: "Because they were promised that no Challenger would ever exceed the Demon." Well, this one will. So one way for Tim K to keep his word is to offer these owners an opportunity to buy this last-call car. If you look at it in that light, it begins to make sense. Tim is many things, including a guy who seems to be genuine and someone who doesn't want to go back on his word. Call me jaded, but I was surprised that this was an actual consideration.

Again, nothing above is a stone-cold fact but simply (well-placed) rumblings I am hearing from people in the know who I trust. A LOT has shifted apparently over the past week or so. Dodge is surely hearing about how Last Call Cars 1-6 are being jacked up to crazy levels. Another possible factor there could be news that the dealerships are also planning to ask ASTRONOMICAL ADMs for the #7 car if given the chance. No idea where they might have gotten that type of dealer-specific intel! ;) Maybe all the recent dealer skullduggery is shifting how Dodge will deal with their final ICE Halo Car. As of right now, the process definitely still seems to be fluid. The downtime to get the car right likely will also be used to figure out how to allocate it. Whatever they decide, at least it won't be rushed.

From where I am sitting, all of this intrigue is pretty interesting. It reminds me of the massive hype build-up for the Demon. I think it would be fitting if Dodge goes out on a similar hype-machine extravaganza...

I find it amazing...throughout the whole thread..everybody seems to know an insider...or has a buddy who has a cousin that was dating a girl...whose brother worked on the SRT team...you personally have called 125 dealers..(slow week @ work?)...countless You Tube supposed info....So what do we really know for sure after all this...nothing...:oops::oops::oops:;)...maybe that's a good thing:unsure:

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
And still no crates

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I find it amazing...throughout the whole thread..everybody seems to know an insider...or has a buddy who has a cousin that was dating a girl...whose brother worked on the SRT team...you personally have called 125 dealers..(slow week @ work?)...countless You Tube supposed info....So what do we really know for sure after all this...nothing...:oops::oops::oops:;)...maybe that's a good thing:unsure:
You mad you don't have one:unsure:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You mad you don't have one:unsure:
A Utube...?????..I got a helluva Utube..:giggle::giggle:;)

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

I know a couple, and they don't know anything (or won't say).

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thanks Johnny Buzz-kill.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
An insider person:LOL:
....whose cousins, girlfriends, mom's friend, who works in a different department heard from someone in the cafeteria.................

:p:p:p

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
....whose cousins, girlfriends, mom's friend, who works in a different department heard from someone in the cafeteria.................

:p:p:p
Yep I guess he doesn't even have that

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

Well, I'm out if they do this plan, but I hope they do that plan.
To hell with all these dealers hoarding these cars and holding them ransom.

I still think they will have a handful of cars going to the public somehow but avoiding the dealer would be a cherry on top.

This is where you can say a Challenger is worth 125-150k. I can see Dodge tacking on their own MSRP and pricing the cars at this point to even make it worth their time.

So would Huntington Beach Dodge get 16 of these cars since they still are the original owners of them?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yep I guess he doesn't even have that
I have enough "buddies"..that don't know shit...:rolleyes:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I know a couple, and they don't know anything (or won't say).
Everybody's got a buddy...:giggle::giggle::giggle:;)

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Some of ya'll got way too much time on your hands LOL. I've now seen a second report of this thing having an electric supercharger. NO THANKS if that's true. It wouldn't surprise me since they're pushing the electric BS so hard. "See look even our top last super edition Challenger has electrification! Never mind it's infinitely more complex and heavier than simply bolting on a 3.0L blower, we had to do it! They made us!"