Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What's going on with Car #7 (a semi-objective analysis)...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Go to the other thread...

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Dang, not sure about that guy doing the video, but I want that car in the intro shooting flames!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Dang, not sure about that guy doing the video, but I want that car in the intro shooting flames!
Is he 1 of your youtube guys?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Wow...

And probably not in the way that you might think...
He does have one, he is driving it. So let’s hope more of us can get lucky within a few years here. They do look and run well. Sure looks like it will tear up the road courses and embarrass a few if a guy can drive. Like I said before, I hope the insurance is not a big problem that prohibit some of us from making it happen. I am concerned.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Two words, Agreed Value.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
If number 7 is built I would like to see one. I have always been more of a builder so for me I can build something for way less
There’s always the satisfaction of building something of your own. 👍

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thread Starter #307
Yeah I dunno about the Demon sales. Maybe it's just owners swapping cars who knows but my personal experience with two has been less than stellar.
yeah from my experience low exposure/visibility sales never do that great.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
This guy has one and HAS been out on the streets.

does nothing for me

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
that is the kid the had a 2020 gt500. For some reason he is able to get all the new cars.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thread Starter #310
does nothing for me
I got nauseous watching that (both from camera work and the content)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You have to be a die hard Mopar fan to wanna go through all that to have a trophy to bubble wrap. I feel for those folks.

My buddy called me last night. He's an old school Mopar collector. Some dealer had him sold on a 2022 Jailbreak Indigo blue, white stripes, BM wheels, and Yellow brakes I think. $108K and he thought he was buying some limited edition car. I told him he's being taken for a sucker and to pass and go find a Black Ghost.

He's the same guy that bought the Demon and bubble wrapped it for 3 years and thought he was gonna make a fortune on the flip. He could barely sell it and ended up getting the original dealer he bought it from to buy it back from him. It had like 30 miles on it.
Now that's sad...it's not a Picasso :rolleyes:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I still haven't seen a Z06 in person
None on the road yet that aren't pre production,...,dealer network is clueless

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
He does have one, he is driving it. So let’s hope more of us can get lucky within a few years here. They do look and run well. Sure looks like it will tear up the road courses and embarrass a few if a guy can drive. Like I said before, I hope the insurance is not a big problem that prohibit some of us from making it happen. I am concerned.
Not so sure that's HIS car..:unsure:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
EXTREMELY few Z06s have been built so far. May as well be limited editions...

I am #25 at an MSRP local delaaer. He told me it will be YEARS before my number is up, if ever, lol...
They also just hit the lots this month.
Takes time for these to start rolling.
Yes, those that have them now won the Z06 lottery and can make quite the $$$ if they flip them.
But if GM ever gets their shit together, they should be able to sell one to everyone who wants one. It is a Chevy afterall.

Just like these Hellcats are still Dodges. They start treating them like GT Porsche cars or Ferraris and they will royally screw their business plans.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
does nothing for me
the tuber is a puke the car is pretty cool.
How he has the following is beyond me. He can lose the peach fuzz too.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I think my buddy's problem is he's stuck in the 1970 model mindset and times have changed. He's accustomed to going out and finding 1970 Mopars in barns or whatever, giving them a bath, and flipping them for twice what he paid for them. These modern cars just aren't gonna be like that I don't think.

I tried to help him sell his Demon on all the car forums, Ebay, everwhere so I dunno how folks are getting what people claim to be buying them for. Guy on the other forum just bought one for $125K though.

Anyway, I don't have a dog in that fight. You guys know my attitude about it. We had a Demon for auction at ChallengerFest sitting right there for the winning bid to take home and could barely get $105K for it. Cars are terrible investments unless you just wanna hand it down to your kids. We don't have any kids so I drive mine like the wheels are coming off LOL.

To me it's kinda like saving your hot wife for the next guy :ROFLMAO:
I drive the crap out of my cars, and all my other toys, my kids can deal with the smoldering ashes of what's left after I enjoy them! As far as the hot wife, when I'm done the next guy is gonna get what looks like a leftover 70 year old smoker they would be ashamed to take to Walmart! I'm gettin all the good stuff:cool::cool::cool::cool:

I sure hope it doesn't take me a couple years to "get lucky" I'm not a geeky teenager anymore!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Look you all said no Z06’s were on the road and all would be garage queens. I found one on the streets. That was for our entertainment and information about the FUCKIN CAR!!

Don’t mistake that to think I am a fan-boy of the owner! Anyone else, you go find one and send videos and pictures now.:coffee:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I drive the crap out of my cars, and all my other toys, my kids can deal with the smoldering ashes of what's left after I enjoy them! As far as the hot wife, when I'm done the next guy is gonna get what looks like a leftover 70 year old smoker they would be ashamed to take to Walmart! I'm gettin all the good stuff:cool::cool::cool::cool:

I sure hope it doesn't take me a couple years to "get lucky" I'm not a geeky teenager anymore!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You guys are funny...Bob oh...can that 70 yr old smoker cook ???

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I dig the looks of the Z06. I always thought the wheels on the C8 were a little blah and needed some dish to them. Not sure it's worth $175K though? It is just a Chevy.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Look you all said no Z06’s were on the road and all would be garage queens. I found one on the streets. That was for our entertainment and information about the FUCKIN CAR!!

Don’t mistake that to think I am a fan-boy of the owner! Anyone else, you go find one and send videos and pictures now.:coffee:
One of those other youtubers had a video of how Emilia and 2 others were given allocations from Chevy with priority builds
This kid had 1M+ subscribers.
Its cheap advertising for Chevy.
They buy the car and plaster multiple videos that get hundreds of thousands to millions of views.

All Chevy had to do was make sure the dealer didn't fuck them over when it came time for delivery.

Dodge loves mentioning youtube viewers in their press events. Same reason. Cheap advertising