Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stock Fuel Rails, why they don’t keep up

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I dunno Mike, you may should pull all the bearings out and mic them to be absolutely sure :ROFLMAO:

Wish I lived closer would be fun to come hang out and watch you tinker.

I'm starting to get that winter time boredom myself. Was at Discount Tire yesterday thinking about putting 33" tires on the o'l 4Runner which would require more suspension lift, 1" body lift, diff drop, new upper control arms, and probably 4.88 gears LOL. All for 2" more tire. I gotta stay off the internet.
Can't believe Mrs. Speedy doesn't give you something to do:unsure::unsure:;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
That is awesome...my Santa just got me socks...and underwear
That's ok...I'm impossible to buy for...but I did need the socks and under wear;)

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Thread Starter #1,243
I dunno Mike, you may should pull all the bearings out and mic them to be absolutely sure :ROFLMAO:

Wish I lived closer would be fun to come hang out and watch you tinker.

I'm starting to get that winter time boredom myself. Was at Discount Tire yesterday thinking about putting 33" tires on the o'l 4Runner which would require more suspension lift, 1" body lift, diff drop, new upper control arms, and probably 4.88 gears LOL. All for 2" more tire. I gotta stay off the internet.
Go for it!! Be a bad ass looking 4Runner!! Be like the ones of old. I had an 88, the last year of the ones where the back top came off and only year of that body style that had the V6 engine. I had 30” tires on it, it had locking diffs from the landcruiser in it, was GREAT in the woods and all the strip mine trails around here, LOTS of good times in it. Had 260,000 on it and rear shackle rotted off, I put it on eBay and got 5k for it lol!! Was cherry except for the frame issue, Guy was looking for that exact model to make a crawler out of it, he put 44” tires on it and super low gearing.
Yea, since the daughter moved away with the grand kids if I didn’t have the cat to tinker with I don’t know what I’d do with myself sometimes, it and these forums sadly became most of my life lol. My boy likes his rotaries, I’m the only Hemi guy around, everyone else is Mustang. I need a bigger shop, with a lift or 2, a bar, a tv or 2, a pole for an occasional stripper, etc 😂

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,244
That's ok...I'm impossible to buy for...but I did need the socks and under wear;)
Socks, a pair of good Dickies work socks last a month maybe, I go through 12 packs of them about every 3 months, I wear holes through the balls of the foot area in them in no time, too much foot time at work still. Underwear? Literal pain in the ass, commando for me lol. Only bad thing there is like your mamma would tell ya to not leave home without clean underwear as ya never know when you may end up in the ER or worse a Dr’s appointment that you forgot to add a piece of clothing that day and be down to what should be at least your skivies, well, that’s when dirty underwear even hole’y underwear are better then no underwear trust me there lol.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
@Speedy! if tires are on sale it would be dumb to miss a deal 🤣

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
It's real tempting. Although $1000 in tires turns in to a $4500 project by the time all the suspension and gearing work is done. My current tires are shot and I was looking for wheel/tire info and Google led me to a 4Runner forum. I started looking at the wheel/tire thread and found a post by ME from over 9 years ago before I got my current tires/wheel/suspension. Spooky how fast time flies.

Here's about exactly what mine would look like.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
STT pro in a 35 is what I run on my truck. They do great off road. Look amazing and have a unique look. But now that I only use my truck to tow I kind of regret the decision because diesel isn’t cheap and my fuel mileage went down a good 2mpg.

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thats what I'm wrestling with. Look amazing or be practical at least somewhat.

These are becoming classics so I don't off road it so it's literally for looks that I'm even considering it. May be silly.

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,249

These are becoming classics so I don't off road it so it's literally for looks that I'm even considering it. May be silly.
Not silly, that’s how they should look, back to the roots of their name, a 4RUNNER that looks like a 4x4 4RUNNER not a SUV soccer mom 4Runner like they do now lol

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

sometimes...it's not what you're doing that's important...it's how you look when you're doing it...;);)

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,251
Satera Rings of Hell pulley arrived the other day. NICE piece!! It’s actually lighter and shorter than the Litens. It clutches instantly with about zero drag, in fact if you spin it on the shaft you cannot spin it back off the shaft by the pulley, it clutches instantly and so friction free the ring just spins on the hub and you have to put a socket on the hex to turn it off with your fingers. Give it a flip backwards and the lobes don’t even move!! It’s also a bit shorter which will make getting belts on and off between the stock Tstat housing easier. When my heads return from Thitek (on their way) and it’s back together the 2.4 is going back on instead of the Whipple, mainly to see if this totally free spinning pulley gets rid of the over rev I see between the 3-4 shift. It’s about the same cost as a Litens, except you can change rings easily and quickly, it’s advertised as 5x stronger then the Litens, and best of all comes with a 5 year no questions asked warranty!!
Can’t wait to give it a spin!!!
3A47CEDC-B28E-4A79-92EA-1C36870CED60.jpeg CF2C3D27-0596-4775-956B-CA439012ACD8.jpeg 44A4F225-AC95-4C3C-A769-754EF49F9566.jpeg 2844445B-5608-4DDF-9E9E-F9EAAAFE3649.jpeg 8FA5D628-4851-4B27-A532-BBF154282F90.jpeg 9601007E-3E73-46F7-8290-6EEF4BBD4C24.jpeg 96F5B56F-8DD7-4E71-9D28-042B7240370A.jpeg

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Satera Rings of Hell pulley arrived the other day. NICE piece!! It’s actually lighter and shorter than the Litens. It clutches instantly with about zero drag, in fact if you spin it on the shaft you cannot spin it back off the shaft by the pulley, it clutches instantly and so friction free the ring just spins on the hub and you have to put a socket on the hex to turn it off with your fingers. Give it a flip backwards and the lobes don’t even move!! It’s also a bit shorter which will make getting belts on and off between the stock Tstat housing easier. When my heads return from Thitek (on their way) and it’s back together the 2.4 is going back on instead of the Whipple, mainly to see if this totally free spinning pulley gets rid of the over rev I see between the 3-4 shift. It’s about the same cost as a Litens, except you can change rings easily and quickly, it’s advertised as 5x stronger then the Litens, and best of all comes with a 5 year no questions asked warranty!!
Can’t wait to give it a spin!!!
View attachment 94240 View attachment 94241 View attachment 94242 View attachment 94243 View attachment 94244 View attachment 94245 View attachment 94246
What's the price? Did I miss it?

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,253

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Looks interesting. Love that you can swap rings.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Looks interesting. Love that you can swap rings.
The Metco on my car is like that. I'm surprised that they're not all like this.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Fixed pulleys like Metco are hard on the supercharger it's more difficult to have a decoupler pulley with interchangeable rings.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Fixed pulleys like Metco are hard on the supercharger it's more difficult to have a decoupler pulley with interchangeable rings.
I've heard both sides of the story and at the end of the day, pushing these blowers are the main reason for their demise, in my opinion.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I haven't read anything that says that fixed pulley broke a supercharger. There are companies that rebuild superchargers that sell fixed pulleys. If they thought they damaged them I don't see them selling them. Superchargers have always had fixed pulleys until the Hellcat came out.

I have seen many decoupler pulleys break and damage the supercharger though

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I haven't read anything that says that fixed pulley broke a supercharger. There are companies that rebuild superchargers that sell fixed pulleys. If they thought they damaged them I don't see them selling them. Superchargers have always had fixed pulleys until the Hellcat came out.

I have seen many decoupler pulleys break and damage the supercharger though
When I had the original tune done, I asked about a clutched pulley and I was told that the failure rate was way too high to justify using one. For what that's worth?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
SRT wouldn't have gone through the extra work of using a decoupler pulley if a fixed pulley was just as good. Just sayin'.

No reason to use fixed pulleys on these. There are other options now.

I've been at the track and seen posts where fixed pulley cars had blower issues. Broken belts etc.

Finally, Mike shows in this very thread why fixed pulleys are a bad idea on these IHI units.

You guys go do what you want though, your car.