Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Speedys Horsepower Prediction On The Last Hellcat

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Why don't you think E85? Dodge has flex fuel vehicles for sale today don't they? Ford and Chevy have flex fuel vehicles as well. Seems like a no brainer.

It won't be 909, that's way too easy.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
Why don't you think E85? Dodge has flex fuel vehicles for sale today don't they? Ford and Chevy have flex fuel vehicles as well. Seems like a no brainer.

This has made me think about a flex fuel tune for the Charger.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've enjoyed mine. Took me a bit to get it super accurate but for the past year it's been spot on.

I'm sure there were credits offered by the government at one time for manufacturers to build flex fuel vehicles. That's likely shifting to EVs. I just hope E85 continues to be readily available as a result.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
One other thought I had while riding around in GoManGo today. These OEM HP numbers are all crank numbers. 1000HP from Dodge would actually be like 850 wheel horse power. 909 would only be like 775 wheel. Not much exciting about 775. Too many people way past that already myself included.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
That right there is what pisses me right the F off. Especially the one’s that are in for the flip, and couldn’t (care less) your right @Magnified improper utilization of phrase 😉 about the car, and only want to brag that they made X $$$ off the the car.

Truly a shame that between the ADM salesman and car flipping skunks that get involved it’s one less car that reaches the dude, dudette that really enjoys the journey and owning the special ride. Now ask me how I really feel and let me respond unfiltered.

Last edited:

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Realizing I am already putting the cart before the horse and the cars powertrain hasn’t been officially announced with the fuel utilized and actual declared power, I do have to contemplate the known underlying existing issues. Those issues being the dreaded Hiccup and pumpkin out back grenading with wheel hop. If Dodge does manage to pull off one more upgrade in spades with significant power gains will it aggravate hiccups, and if wheel hop is present with more torque will it play a role with unsupported Diffs. Hmmm nice that we are in a position to actually be wondering this stuff I guess. Wheel hop is an easy remedy, hiccups not so sure.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
One of the things I think about, aside from brute crank engine HP numbers (which seem pretty easily attainable), would also be a compensating driveline upgrades. Would they also have support from beefed up transmissions, shafts (of all sorts), rear (+rear supporting mods, etc. What tires / wheels combo? Most people complain about spin city no matter what.
Could be they have a red eye wheel Setup that does 1000HP, but still runs slower than the demon? Perhaps, the demon goes out the “fastest”, but the “…..” goes out the highest HP production car?

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
@Demoniccat Lol, I think we had the same thought and post as the same time

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
son Of a bitch I was just about to type a response when I saw the last post. Good mind think alike Bro

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Good observation @thetalonguy. More power doesn’t always equate to faster ET if you can’t get the power to pavement, Demon has that down. Although more power in whatever they call it maybe “Black Eye“for final knock out punch IDK. Would certainly have it with roll on if that’s your bag depending how much grunt is thrown our way.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Redeye - 797hp
Redeye Pre-Stage - 802hp, 180 tstat, tune
Redeye Stage I - 802hp, 840hp HO
Redeye Stage II - 837hp, 885hp HO, 3.17 Hellaphant pulley
Redeye Stage III - ???hp, fuel?, parts?
“Fratzog” eMuscle - 885+hp, AWD, 0-60 2.0s

Stay Tuned.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
^^^^^^Pretty much what I think the last hurrah will be, pretty much a Redeye with a DC Stage 3 that will utilize an E85 tune and injectors. Could be why Dodge has not disclosed what DC Stage 3 would entail and will wait till after they hype the last hurrah variant before making it available for parts order.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Rumor has it the cat will be so powerful and fast most will never see it. Between near unobtainium sourcing, MSRP, and ADM insanity, even if it’s worth buying I don’t expect to catch one in the wild at a participating dealer near you. So my contingency plan is to go E85 Flex with what I currently have. There, problem/solution in one and will most likely make a lot more power for a heck of a lot less.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
One of the things I think about, aside from brute crank engine HP numbers (which seem pretty easily attainable), would also be a compensating driveline upgrades. Would they also have support from beefed up transmissions, shafts (of all sorts), rear (+rear supporting mods, etc. What tires / wheels combo? Most people complain about spin city no matter what.
Could be they have a red eye wheel Setup that does 1000HP, but still runs slower than the demon? Perhaps, the demon goes out the “fastest”, but the “…..” goes out the highest HP production car?
All these issues that would have to be addressed..make it all the more likely that such a car...never gets produced..:confused:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Redeye - 797hp
Redeye Pre-Stage - 802hp, 180 tstat, tune
Redeye Stage I - 802hp, 840hp HO
Redeye Stage II - 837hp, 885hp HO, 3.17 Hellaphant pulley
Redeye Stage III - ???hp, fuel?, parts?
“Fratzog” eMuscle - 885+hp, AWD, 0-60 2.0s

Stay Tuned.
This is why i am interested. Same reason im not still ising cap and ball. When performance is better, performance is better. Is that simple.

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States

I actually don't think dodge has any current flex fuel vehicles. Could be wrong but pretty sure I'm not

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
minivans are or were flex because i have seen the badges

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Something with e85 is coming based on the 24 month calendar. I see no difference in the 840 hp Demon with race gas then doing an option with e85. E85 is way more easy to come by then 100 octane

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Something with e85 is coming based on the 24 month calendar. I see no difference in the 840 hp Demon with race gas then doing an option with e85. E85 is way more easy to come by then 100 octane
All we can do @ this point...is wait and see

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I thought the SRT team was disbanded..:unsure::unsure:
Well, yes that is correct but they were integrated, so they are around.