Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

So the Hemi v8 is not completely dead?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I believe so.

A DSM car like the Stealth, Laser/Talon, Sebring etc.
Im not sure if these were built in Normal, IL but its funny that now Rivian builds their truck in that old factory.

Everything Dodge is coming up electric LOL

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
If the platform works why does it have to be changed?
If by "works" you mean "sells", you are absolutely correct! What woke idiot would kill a cash cow?!?! I think I answered my own question.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
4 door will probably be called the Polara. or Polarity since its EV. I assume after a year or so they will move it to the I6 motor and something akin to the jeeps, that is if it even exists. They better keep ICE engines and hybrid plans in their back pocket because by the time Stellantis and GM etc end up on full retard with EVs, they will suddenly realize the whole "everything EV" thing isnt going to work out. It has its place but we cant mine or process enough material to satisfy that kind of demand. Price of the car or energy wont be friendly either and the infrastructure, will take far longer than people are willing to wait. eh anyway thats off topic.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
4 door will probably be called the Polara. or Polarity since its EV. I assume after a year or so they will move it to the I6 motor and something akin to the jeeps, that is if it even exists. They better keep ICE engines and hybrid plans in their back pocket because by the time Stellantis and GM etc end up on full retard with EVs, they will suddenly realize the whole "everything EV" thing isnt going to work out. It has its place but we cant mine or process enough material to satisfy that kind of demand. Price of the car or energy wont be friendly either and the infrastructure, will take far longer than people are willing to wait. eh anyway thats off topic.
I fully believe one of the big 3 will go bankrupt and we will be the ones to foot the bill and bail them out again

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I like the Polara name.

But to your other point, GM is making Buick dealers install EV charging systems etc or they take 500k and stop selling them.
Ford also wants 500-900k to fit in EV charging at their dealers to sell the EV cars.

What is Dodge/Stellantis doing? I haven't heard a peep about dealers needing to pay up to install EV equipment for this new Charger.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
I like the Polara name.

But to your other point, GM is making Buick dealers install EV charging systems etc or they take 500k and stop selling them.
Ford also wants 500-900k to fit in EV charging at their dealers to sell the EV cars.

What is Dodge/Stellantis doing? I haven't heard a peep about dealers needing to pay up to install EV equipment for this new Charger.
Thats a good point. The local CJDR dealer here just did an 8 month long facelift on their building and no chargers in sight. You would think a company going all EV would have the forsight to start somewhere.
Dodge not doing it at all (at least yet) is even worse for their own product.

To the greater problem, putting in charging stations at dealerships is fine but honestly how many can or will they do? 5, 10? In moving to a world where filling up your car or truck took less than 5 minutes to where it takes everyone 20-40 min each, it wont make a dent in alleviating the stress on the system, but will be somewhat helpful I guess in emergencies.

CJDR is seemingly 2+ years behind GM/Ford and all the rest wanting to go full EV. They are probably in the worst position of all. Them pushing in for 100% EV while not being in a position to be there with a plan or product is seemingly suicidal. Either they are going to try to play catch up, or pretending to publicly do so, while behind closed doors they take the Toyota route who is NOT pushing all in on EV at the expense of all else and instead putting $$ into better hybrid powertrains and trying to develop alternatives.

WIth Eurocentric Stellantis at the helm I cant help but think they are going to try the all EV route and end up dead in 5 years.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thats a good point. The local CJDR dealer here just did an 8 month long facelift on their building and no chargers in sight. You would think a company going all EV would have the forsight to start somewhere.
Dodge not doing it at all (at least yet) is even worse for their own product.

To the greater problem, putting in charging stations at dealerships is fine but honestly how many can or will they do? 5, 10? In moving to a world where filling up your car or truck took less than 5 minutes to where it takes everyone 20-40 min each, it wont make a dent in alleviating the stress on the system, but will be somewhat helpful I guess in emergencies.

CJDR is seemingly 2+ years behind GM/Ford and all the rest wanting to go full EV. They are probably in the worst position of all. Them pushing in for 100% EV while not being in a position to be there with a plan or product is seemingly suicidal. Either they are going to try to play catch up, or pretending to publicly do so, while behind closed doors they take the Toyota route who is NOT pushing all in on EV at the expense of all else and instead putting $$ into better hybrid powertrains and trying to develop alternatives.

WIth Eurocentric Stellantis at the helm I cant help but think they are going to try the all EV route and end up dead in 5 years.
I'm giving them 36 months.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Free charging stations at dealers is a modern version of what dealers did back-in-the-day. Some dealers would have free annual state inspections, this got you in to hang around for an hour or so and you could spend some of it looking at the new models in the showroom, and then the vultures could pounce...

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I have may fond memories of swapping in a 3.0 6g72 into my avenger, then i slapped some nitrous on it and blew it the fuck up. man young dumb and full of ... machismo

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
You guys are overlooking the obvious.
The Charger won’t have any doors, it’ll be stood up in cement with a cord hanging off of it. It won’t work most of the time and when it does it won’t work well.
The Charger will plug into the Charger, maybe neither of them will work well, but you can’t have one without the other.
In conversation it will be clear exactly which Charger you’re referring to when you are explaining why you hate them so much.
It will remain abundantly clear on the forum here as to which Charger we are talking about if we start capitalizing all instances of Charger as to make them the same thing…
Charger.

Edit - what I need to do is find an old Xzibit meme where he puts a Charger in your Charger so you can charge while you’re charging.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
There will be 2 cars, a 2 door and 4 door. Only problem is, the the 2 door may be the Charger, to match the Charger Daytona EV.

The 4 door, it may be rebranded as the Challenger, both coming out of Windsor :sick:
Where is Jimmy?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
In hiding.
Too many four letter (door) words for my liking.

OP
ACMAVRO

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs