Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeye runs 9.666 @ 142mph with stock pulleys on 100 oct tune

Member ID
Reactions
City
Richfield
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger Redeye Widebody
Last winter, I finally stepped up and bought a 2019 Redeye Widebody Challenger with the guidance of my good friend, Jim Schmittinger. We trailered it home and put it in storage.

Jim told me about the Demons Race, and I went with him as a crew member to help him race his car. The race was awesome! I learned a lot, made some friends, and figured out what I wanted to do with my car . . . Nothing!! LOL, I needed to run it stock and learn how to drive it while gaining experience. In stock form, the Redeye made 710 RWHP on my DynoJet 224X, as well as a best pass of 10.46 at 130mph.

Jim introduced me to Johnathon Moored from Moored Performance. Johnathon was a wealth of knowledge, and we decided to just do a 100 octane tune as my first modification . . . WOW! Jon’s tune made 815 RWHP and ran a best of 9.666 at 142 mph on stock pulleys weighing 4625lbs

I was pumped and decided I wanted to take it to the Legions 6 Race and see how it stacked up against other stock pulley cars. The Redeye did not disappoint, running a 9.68 at 140mph. My Redeye took 2nd place in the Bracket Race with Ron Silva piloting the car. Ron has taught me a lot and has provided me with amazing advice on how to make this car work.

I want to thank Byron Godbee for putting on this race. He is a stand-up guy who loves racing and was great to deal with. Racing with the Demons has introduced me to some great friends, knowledgeable resources, and lifetime experiences that I will never forget.

I also want to thank Jim Schmittinger, Jonathan Moored, Ronald Silva, Nick Lopez, Chris Kraczek and Philip Thoma from Richfield Service for all their help in making this possible.

If you have a Dodge and love racing, you need to bring your car to this event!!

If you want a Awesome tune, call Jonathan @ Moored Performance!

Jim Schmittinger, Jonathan Moored and I will be testing several new modifications on my Redeye this year and I'll post the dyno graphs and track results for those that are interested.
1000006217.jpg 1000004373.jpg 1000004358.jpg

Last edited:

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
That's AWESOME

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Yes, AWESOME 👏
You “hooked up” with a GREAT bunch of guys! Congratulation's on the passes, fantastic times on stock boost!! 🎉 👍🏻👍🏻

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
What an interesting collection of names!

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
What an interesting collection of names!
We are all one group. Nick Steve and Jude are also part of it. Nick is the 23 year old that we did his engine.
Jeff goes about things the science way. It’s HIM. Took me a long time to be able to deal with it. I’m a let’s just get it done it will work.he wants to know why. He can teach people a lot of you have the patience to do it that way. Myself working as a flat rate technician most of my life no time for that. But overall Jeff can teach you what a pound here and there will do. He has plans that I’m sure he will share.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Jon and these guys have discovered an efficient optimum tune for these things. Good job guys, great pictures, even better reading about it.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Not sure who this Jonathan guy is but Jon told me what you ran last fall and the tune made a huge improvement. Like Jim said you want to go out and try everything on your own and there is nothing wrong with that but there are enough that already went there and know what can be expected

Jeff has is OWN dyno also something most of us would love to have

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Freaking awesome car looks dope AF. John Moored is the MAN........

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Good job Jeff. Looks like you've got the RE running pretty good!:)(y)

OP
S
Member ID
Reactions
City
Richfield
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger Redeye Widebody
Thread Starter #10
Not sure who this Jonathan guy is but Jon told me what you ran last fall and the tune made a huge improvement. Like Jim said you want to go out and try everything on your own and there is nothing wrong with that but there are enough that already went there and know what can be expected

Jeff has is OWN dyno also something most of us would love to have
I could give you my 7 second race sled and you would probably never get it down the track, and quite possibly kill yourself as 3 other racers did in the outlaw class when I raced professionally, because its all about power management.
Im simply learning about my car, how to drive it, how to prep it, what its strength and weakness are, etc. Im not doing anything that hasn't been done already, I am gaining experience on making my car faster, and doing it one well thought out modification after the other while understanding what power increase should relate to what et and mph increase. For me, The journey is more important than the destination. I love making horsepower and learning how to get it to the ground. This will NEVER be a race car, My goal is to run a 8sec 1/4 mile with as little HP as possible and to build memories with friends while we do it.

Last edited:

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Christ, Jon is going to need a bigger garage door to fit his head in it now!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Don't tell them I said it but they are an ok bunch :LOL:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
So 8 second is still street car 🤔
I could give you my 7 second race sled and you would probably never get it down the track, and quite possibly kill yourself as 3 other racers did in the outlaw class when I raced professionally, because its all about power management.
Im simply learning about my car, how to drive it, how to prep it, what its strength and weakness are, etc. Im not doing anything that hasn't been done already, I am gaining experience on making my car faster, and doing it one well thought out modification after the other while understanding what power increase should relate to what et and mph increase. For me, The journey is more important than the destination. I love making horsepower and learning how to get it to the ground. This will NEVER be a race car, My goal is to run a 8sec 1/4 mile with as little HP as possible and to build memories with friends while we do it.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I dont think it is based on time. I know of some n/a cars that run 11s and I wouldn't want to drive them on a long trip. My car has been low 9s and drives just like a stock hellcat and nothing has been removed from any comforts

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You know it cant be! because a car is capable of and 8 second 1/4 it can no longer be a street car duh!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You it cant be! because a car is capable of and 8 second 1/4 it can no longer be a street car duh!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Quite a few 6 second street cars out there these days.

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Quite a few 6 second street cars out there these days.
I agree but many out there say its not possible.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I agree but many out there say its not possible.
There's nothing we can do about how they think.
20240201_210134.jpg

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE