Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Never Lift - Stay Tuned October 2021 - 2023

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I think releasing the alllocation list is going to be ADM heaven for those dealers. Kiss all negotiation, % below invoice deals, haggling, MSRP deals etc goodbye. Replace those with dealers who know that buyers are aware that theyre the only game in town, and be ready for 50k+ ADM’s. 2023 will be the year that only the wealthy will be able to afford one.
Think I’m done purchasing new Dodge’s.
Any new vehicle purchases in the future for me is looking very limited. Not buying what I don't want.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My 2 guesses are 1029 hp or 1.29 60 ft

But I can throw in a 3rd 0-60 in 1.29 seconds but pretty far fetched
29 is the atomic number for copper on the elemental scale. You all can guess what copper has to do with the current automotive future.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
29 is the atomic number for copper on the elemental scale. You all can guess what copper has to do with the current automotive future.
Good guess Marc.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Weren't the dragpak roller / chassis already revealed when the DC stuff was originally announced?

And Tim said unveiling of the E-Muscle "concept"...so there's a chance that it never comes to fruition or could be several years out. How are they going to bridge the gap after 2023 with no huge HP cars? Like others have said, I'm happy I have mine.

ADM is going to be insane on the 2023's...going to have to have JimmyN connections to even have a chance of getting an allocation.
You had to buy it in pieces.
Now they assemble the thing minus drive train for 90k.

Its a fucking deal. If you ever had to build a race car with a 25.x cage, you know damn well this is a good buy.

I'd buy this roller and a crashed SXT out of the junk yard. Put a Hellephant in it and go run down those E85 monsters for pennies less LOL

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
for me, i guess it's the somber reality that this woke shyt is going to happen with Dodge, at least for a while. I don't want them to go tits up, but I hope the EV BS is a huge flop and they come to their senses before it's too late.
If the EV shit goes bust, Dodge is done. Gone. Bye bye.
Sadly, this has been written on the wall back when Obama increased the CAFE standards. I also believe it was part of the bail out program.

I'm all for fucking over OPEC and getting a lot of US cars off of gas is one way to do it. But what is the real outcome of this switch over? We don't know. And we won't until it happens and the market flows the way it wants to flow.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I think releasing the alllocation list is going to be ADM heaven for those dealers. Kiss all negotiation, % below invoice deals, haggling, MSRP deals etc goodbye. Replace those with dealers who know that buyers are aware that theyre the only game in town, and be ready for 50k+ ADM’s. 2023 will be the year that only the wealthy will be able to afford one.
Think I’m done purchasing new Dodge’s.
What if said dealer is allocated 20 of them?
And the dealer down the street has 20 of them?

I think Dodge wants to build as many of these cars as possible. They are telling dealers that they have to take these cars and sell them.

Also, I think they are doing it to avoid dealers from trying to order 200 of them to sell. They get their 20 units and thats it.

Remember when the Hellcat first launched and some dealer tried order hundreds of them? Or even now, dealers are trying to get their hands on as many as they can get.

I think the sticker cars will be hard to get.
Jailbreaks and regular hellcats etc, will be easy. And if the farm town dealers can get Hellcats, you will be able to score some deals.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
1660665958452.png

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
You had to buy it in pieces.
Now they assemble the thing minus drive train for 90k.

Its a fucking deal. If you ever had to build a race car with a 25.x cage, you know damn well this is a good buy.

I'd buy this roller and a crashed SXT out of the junk yard. Put a Hellephant in it and go run down those E85 monsters for pennies less LOL
It looks like it includes everything but the engine/trans/ecu. Add the trans/ecu packages and you have a complete DragPak minus that super expensive ($60k) motor. Go with a Hellephant, DSR/HemiTuner, or other well built stroker on E85 and you have a 7 second car for $150k.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Bet they are priced at $100K+ then there will be the inevitable ADM.

I 'built' an SRT 'rango the other day - stripes, black top, leather, tow, interior pkg and it was over $80K :rolleyes:
What isn't $100k anymore? That's good anyway...

Hell now even those Tahoes and Yukons are $80k and that's a GM product with a N/A V8. I wouldn't consider a Durango without the Hellcat motor though, if we're talking medium power I would just stick with a high-end Toyota SUV as I have had really good luck with them.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
What isn't $100k anymore? That's good anyway...

Hell now even those Tahoes and Yukons are $80k and that's a GM product with a N/A V8. I wouldn't consider a Durango without the Hellcat motor though, if we're talking medium power I would just stick with a high-end Toyota SUV as I have had really good luck with them.
Problem is that 100k will realistically be 125-130 after ADM. This is where I have a big issue.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
My guess. It’s fast for a car that gets 29 mpg. :whistle:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
My guess. It’s fast for a car that gets 29 mpg. :whistle:
Must be a diesel?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
It looks like it includes everything but the engine/trans/ecu. Add the trans/ecu packages and you have a complete DragPak minus that super expensive ($60k) motor. Go with a Hellephant, DSR/HemiTuner, or other well built stroker on E85 and you have a 7 second car for $150k.
Exactly.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Some data for consumption - this is from my memory but should be pretty close - feel free to correct errors:

2008 SRT8 Challenger 1 year limited edition 6400 units only way to get Hemi Orange paint code - HUGE ADMs on these. Most paid a min $50K base price plus $10K - $25K ADM - current KBB value for an excellent example with 500 miles for my zip code is $26K
- 2009 SRT8 Challenger offered again AND upgraded, yep Hemi Orange offered as well - 2008 owners very upset

2011 Inaugural Edition - limited to 1100 US / 392 Canada - Base price around $46K - KBB doesn't even list them Google says they're worth about $37K today. No one even talks about these anymore and they were very limited quantity.

2015 Hellcat - ground breaking horse power that dominated - Not limited anyone that wants one can order one - amazing base price of $59K which was nearly fully loaded - Huge ADM - Dodge underestimates demand, parts supply issues = about half the people that ordered one got their order. Only about 7,000 saw production. The rest got a voucher for $5K off a 2016 model. 10K price bump for 2016. Pissed buyers got their deposits back (in most cases) and went and bought something else (Corvette anyone?)

2016 Dodge pumps out Hellcats like every red blooded American over the age of 16 was gonna buy one. The hype was waning, market is flooded and people are moving on. Cars sit rotting on lots. I personally bought mine for $12K off sticker and the car had been sitting on the lot for 7 months. They were all over the internet on fire sale at the time, I know because I was shopping.

2018 Dodge Demon arrives. Hype is back. ADM is back. Limited numbers make an already over priced car more over priced. Mainly went to collectors to be bubble wrapped hoping they'd be good investments. My buddy bought one for this very reason and bubble wrapped it away. He had a hard time selling but eventually sold it back to the dealer he bought it from 2 years later. I don't think he made much if any money. They do well at big auctions like Mecum and Barrett though. We auctioned one in 2018 at Challengerfest. Car on site so buyer could take it with them and couldn't get more than $105K. That video is on my YT channel if you wanna see. However, this car did give the Hellcat a shot in the arm and people took notice again.

2019 Hellcat Redeye arrives. Same drive train as Demon.

2019 - 2021 Power dollars make Hellcats a decent buy again at $10 off for every HP the car has, so that was about a $7,000 - $8,000 discount.

2020 - Hellcat Superstock added - it's a Demon without the crate for the most part. Didn't really do as well as Dodge thought I don't think. Only 192 built for 2020 making them very rare. 559 in 2021.

2021 Hellcat Durango introduced, only one production year announced better get it while you can!

2022 - Jail brake announced. People lose their minds and pay absurd prices for options that were previously included in the base model plus ADM.

2023 - Hellcat Durango is back for ONE FINAL YEAR (we promise this time). Last year for everything, better run out to your dealer and get your order placed, this is really it, we really really really promise cross our hearts and hope to die this time! We're also going to make 6 special editions that you can't order, plus one super special you can't order either, and a bunch of race car stuff too! Remember that Direct Connection stuff, yep it's awesome, you just can't order any of it either. Now run to your dealer now to order things you can't have!

That's what I'll remember :ROFLMAO:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Some data for consumption - this is from my memory but should be pretty close - feel free to correct errors:

2008 SRT8 Challenger 1 year limited edition 6400 units only way to get Hemi Orange paint code - HUGE ADMs on these. Most paid a min $50K base price plus $10K - $25K ADM - current KBB value for an excellent example with 500 miles for my zip code is $26K
- 2009 SRT8 Challenger offered again AND upgraded, yep Hemi Orange offered as well - 2008 owners very upset

2011 Inaugural Edition - limited to 1100 US / 392 Canada - Base price around $46K - KBB doesn't even list them Google says they're worth about $37K today. No one even talks about these anymore and they were very limited quantity.

2015 Hellcat - ground breaking horse power that dominated - Not limited anyone that wants one can order one - amazing base price of $59K which was nearly fully loaded - Huge ADM - Dodge underestimates demand, parts supply issues = about half the people that ordered one got their order. Only about 7,000 saw production. The rest got a voucher for $5K off a 2016 model. 10K price bump for 2016. Pissed buyers got their deposits back (in most cases) and went and bought something else (Corvette anyone?)

2016 Dodge pumps out Hellcats like every red blooded American over the age of 16 was gonna buy one. The hype was waning, market is flooded and people are moving on. Cars sit rotting on lots. I personally bought mine for $12K off sticker and the car had been sitting on the lot for 7 months. They were all over the internet on fire sale at the time, I know because I was shopping.

2018 Dodge Demon arrives. Hype is back. ADM is back. Limited numbers make an already over priced car more over priced. Mainly went to collectors to be bubble wrapped hoping they'd be good investments. My buddy bought one for this very reason and bubble wrapped it away. He had a hard time selling but eventually sold it back to the dealer he bought it from 2 years later. I don't think he made much if any money. They do well at big auctions like Mecum and Barrett though. We auctioned one in 2018 at Challengerfest. Car on site so buyer could take it with them and couldn't get more than $105K. That video is on my YT channel if you wanna see. However, this car did give the Hellcat a shot in the arm and people took notice again.

2019 - 2021 Power dollars make Hellcats a decent buy again at $10 off for every HP the car has, so that was about a $7,000 - $8,000 discount.

2020 - Hellcat Superstock added - it's a Demon without the crate for the most part. Didn't really do as well as Dodge thought I don't think. Only 192 built for 2020 making them very rare. 559 in 2021.

2021 Hellcat Durango introduced, only one production year announced better get it while you can!

2022 - Jail brake announced. People lose their minds and pay absurd prices for options that were previously included in the base model plus ADM.

2023 - Hellcat Durango is back for ONE FINAL YEAR (we promise this time). Last year for everything, better run out to your dealer and get your order placed, this is really it, we really really really promise cross our hearts and hope to die this time! We're also going to make 6 special editions that you can't order, plus one super special you can't order either, and a bunch of race car stuff too! Remember that Direct Connection stuff, yep it's awesome, you just can't order any of it either. Now run to your dealer now to order things you can't have!

Pretty sure 2015's were actually limited to the 7000ish. I was shopping at that time. Demand outpaced that followed by the ensuing crapshow in 2016 with overproduction which I promptly took advantage of.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Lets see donut hole come up with those stats!