Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

My solution to the Demon170 allocation and ADM problem.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Isn't this about having fun?
Of course it is..after all..what would this place be without yer gator stories...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Its not fun when people would like to buy something at the price those who made it say it should be sold, but others buy it bc of contract language and double the price. That smacks of unfairness to those involved. Worse, these second set of people promise some folks in writing w adhesion contracts to sell the item at the suggested price, or a little over, and then break those promises with impunity bc of the adhesion contract. Then, as icing on the cake, the second group work among themselves to remove negotiation from the market place by agreeing to sell all such items at a very large mark up. Once upon a time this was called a trust or market manipulation. The counter argument is these items that are being sold are few in number, their contracts are legal (allowing them to lie and beeak the contract without consequence), and that the market itself is not manipulated. They arent controlling prices for all cars by dodge or whatever, but only this limited set of collector items which, they will say, any sane person would expect to sell for double or quadruple the suggested price. Theybwill say the invisible hand of the market place is not always pretty.

I say, treat.people fairly, if youre going to sell to the highest bidder, tell everyone up front. Thats all i want. These folks dont care. They feel theyre special and can do what ever they like wo consequences.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Tim lying to Demon owners...Not sure to what degree he (or the company ) can be held accountable..not sure Stelantis has to honor any promise made by then an employee of Fiat/Chrysler...and as far as ADM's go...not so sure the motor company sees them as problematic...no more than Ford or..Gen Motors does...it's common practice...
u might want to make sure your msrp deal is still in place. LOTS of ppl getting the rug cut out from under them over the weekend and today on order day....massive adm increases...deals canceled etc....just sayin...

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #84
u might want to make sure your msrp deal is still in place. LOTS of ppl getting the rug cut out from under them over the weekend and today on order day....massive adm increases...deals canceled etc....just sayin...

Best of luck

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Just think if stores did the same thing with toilet paper back in 2020. Since everyone was looking for it they could doubled or tripled the price:unsure:

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Mike ..I wouldn't be so quick sell the membership short here..I think you would be surprised how many of our members..either currently do..or have operated successful business endeavors..more to the point..I'd be willing to bet more than a handful could teach an economics class...as far as what you consider obnoxiously appalling posts...well Mike there are some very frustrated members here that are simply venting their frustrations and advancing various opinions...as is their right...as well as yours...as long as it's done with a certain degree of mutual respect...myself I own multiple business operations...@ now 70 yrs old and still working...one thing I've learned..and can tell you with a great deal of certainty...NONE of us..are as smart as we may think we are...;);)
Oh, I know it's not the majority, I'm just surprised how many there are. And I get frustration, but there's an adult way to be frustrated and there's a childish way to be frustrated and the childish way to be frustrated is really ugly on adults. There's ni mutual respect involved when people write that they are owed the fastest version of a car, that free entry, food and drink is a slap in the face, that economic forces shouldn't apply to them, that dealers should forfeit profits in their favor and on and on....that's obnoxious and appalling and I have just as much right to react to it and they have to say it.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I’m still hanging by a thread. Better than ☠️ 🪦 I suppose…

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #88
I’m still hanging by a thread. Better than ☠️ 🪦 I suppose…

AutoNation Broadway offered me a backup position for $250,000

"You can order it any way you want for that price."

:unsure::LOL:

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
mighty frigging nice of 'em...NOT

1680032079626.jpeg

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #90
Melloy in AZ _was_ at only $30k ADM, and I _was_ in line for their last car on Friday...

Then I wasn't, and I've heard the list is magically shrinking still.

I'm curious what the ADM grew to that bumped me off...

(I never actually agreed to the ADM by the way, that's just what they assumed I was going to accept. I _might_ have done some level of ADM, but not $30k, and certainly not the $100-150k that's floating around)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Of course it is..after all..what would this place be without yer gator stories...
Just saw 1 today. He was very friendly.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Gator or dealer?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Same size brains, same ethics.

Did you see that one that killed that old lady after she tried to rescue her little dog when the alligator attacked it? Not the way I'd prefer grandma to go out. What a shame. I know the urge is to rescue the pet, but you've got to know when the odds are just too great.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock

Fuck that!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
LOL, JG, you took the words right out of my mouth man

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'm not kidding. Even if I was rolling in it and a quarter million was not a big deal I simply could not bring myself to pay something like that for this car. Maybe I'm stupid.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I'm not kidding. Even if I was rolling in it and a quarter million was not a big deal I simply could not bring myself to pay something like that for this car. Maybe I'm stupid.
You're not buying for a quarter million dollars in most cases. $250K is a bump over msrp.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP

no, you are not - you have common sense and self-discipline. I would not pay it either, even if I had it in my pocket. I would rather start with a nothing-Challenger and build exactly what I wanted and then no remorse for destroying a stock, valuable car.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Fuck, I'll take your $250K and hold it for you till after 12/31 and 'take' your order for one with anything you like ...........................
What a huge, steaming pile of shit this is !! Looks like I have to add FTK, FD & FS to my repertoire !