Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Live action from FUMANCHU182.

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Here’s another.
The 2-Step is only good for one thing with our Hellcats. When combined with a quick release transbrake (like in a T400) you will have a quicker reaction time on a pro tree. Releasing a single depressed button takes less time than the footbrake/gas pedal footwork you have to do otherwise.
Even on an A8 it can help when setup well. Being on the two step with the foot brake, it still takes away the time delay that occurs from having to press the gas pedal and then the time delay of the factory pcm reacting to that gas pedal press. With the two step, everything is essentially WOT ready to go once you release and come off the foot brake. I saw improvement with limited testing. Combining it with a real trans brake would improve it even more.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Here’s another.

Even on an A8 it can help when setup well. Being on the two step with the foot brake, it still takes away the time delay that occurs from having to press the gas pedal and then the time delay of the factory pcm reacting to that gas pedal press. With the two step, everything is essentially WOT ready to go once you release and come off the foot brake. I saw improvement with limited testing. Combining it with a real trans brake would improve it even more.
I agree. You eliminate the slower half of the procedure when you just have to get your foot off the brake. Kinda like the clutch activated pro cars that leave off the clutch release with the gas on the floor. I have to say though… I personally have not seen any difference in times on the track. It leaves just as hard off the footbrake. Definitely want it on the pro tree though. You be left making sandwich footbraking a pro tree 😂

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #1,503
Launch control will cut ignition and fuel while also limiting boost as well. This two step setup will just cut ignition. I had fun playing with it on my car when I still had it hooked up from early th400 testing. That is, I tried incorporating use of the two step for launch and better reaction time when I had the 8 speed back in. I liked it and wish I got to play with it some more while I still had the 8 speed installed. My reaction times improved .100 - .150 right off the bat and could probably get even better with practice.

https://youtube.com/shorts/11q6AuyIH1E
Great video, what were your settings in that pass? I'm excited to try this.

The 2-Step is only good for one thing with our Hellcats. When combined with a quick release transbrake (like in a T400) you will have a quicker reaction time on a pro tree. Releasing a single depressed button takes less time than the footbrake/gas pedal footwork you have to do otherwise.
I was thinking about having a wheel trigger but I don't have a trans brake and HP Tuners refuses to release a software version like the Mustang guys.

Here’s another.

I agree. You eliminate the slower half of the procedure when you just have to get your foot off the brake. Kinda like the clutch activated pro cars that leave off the clutch release with the gas on the floor. I have to say though… I personally have not seen any difference in times on the track. It leaves just as hard off the footbrake. Definitely want it on the pro tree though. You be left making sandwich footbraking a pro tree 😂
I'm excited for this, here is some math about how slow my launches are. Reaction Time = Vehicle Reaction Time + Driver Reaction Time.
70647547511__AD02E995-11C8-4B0B-BF68-3F88EB71C317.jpeg 70647552957__284EF4D9-AE3A-4A2E-892F-BE1F8FFDC539.jpeg
.658-.118=.540 before the car even moves, dodge etc sucks doo doo

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Does the lag time stay consistent? I'm going to say no from my experiences.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,505
Does the lag time stay consistent? I'm going to say no from my experiences.
All experiences are different. Reviewed a small sample of my logs.

1684804967692.png
1684805021566.png
1684805052467.png

Three different logs, that gap exists in all three of them. I'm sure I can go back and look at older logs but I'm pretty sure this is consistent.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It always seemed to me that the amount of time would vary. Stay fairly consistent but really lag other times.

But it could of just been me moving slower than usual.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
You know there’s has to be a delay from the time you’re pedal down and the power goes to the wheels. Converter has to flash and all that torque has to work its way down the line. I have mine set up to turn on the backup lights when I’m on the transbrake/2-Step. We video the car on the starting line and can see when the lights go out and how long it takes for the suspension and rear tire action to take place before the car starts to move. Almost instant. So besides the quick release of the button on the steering wheel, there is no doubt a measurably quicker response by the car on the transbrake. 418CAA11-3561-4711-9994-0207D9CA5547.jpeg 83AA8FE3-AA70-4E37-BEA8-B8734EDC6428.jpeg

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Launch control will cut ignition and fuel while also limiting boost as well. This two step setup will just cut ignition. I had fun playing with it on my car when I still had it hooked up from early th400 testing. That is, I tried incorporating use of the two step for launch and better reaction time when I had the 8 speed back in. I liked it and wish I got to play with it some more while I still had the 8 speed installed. My reaction times improved .100 - .150 right off the bat and could probably get even better with practice.

https://youtube.com/shorts/11q6AuyIH1E
I think it’s definitely worth it. I’ve looked into it before, I could never find many people with the a8 using it though to see how much it improves reaction times. Very good info here

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Still curious about side effects. Cuts spark but fuel still goes unburned I presume? That's be quite a bit of unburned E85 going somewhere?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I went up to Stage 6 a couple of years when I was looking for a reaction time solution and asked if they could convert their 2 step over to a button release.

They adamantly said no. Can it be converted to a button release?

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I went up to Stage 6 a couple of years when I was looking for a reaction time solution and asked if they could convert their 2 step over to a button release.

They adamantly said no. Can it be converted to a button release?
Not sure what you mean? My two step using a stage 6 / msd box is activated with a button I hold to activate it.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Not sure what you mean? My two step using a stage 6 / msd box is activated with a button I hold to activate it.
I guess that it's changed since I went there. They only offered a brake pedal setup.

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
[
I guess that it's changed since I went there. They only offered a brake pedal setup.
Hmm, well I use the msd version which pretty much the same thing.

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Still curious about side effects. Cuts spark but fuel still goes unburned I presume? That's be quite a bit of unburned E85 going somewhere?
Most of it just gets expelled into the exhaust where it might light in the exhaust.

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It’s just a monetary switch, no reason you can’t convert it to a button
That's what I thought but they were adamant about it couldn't be modified, at the time. I guess they didn't want to work on my car?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,518
That's what I thought but they were adamant about it couldn't be modified, at the time. I guess they didn't want to work on my car?
ship the car to me I’ll install it off a button. So long story short:
IMG_7397.png
Button on steering wheel is just fine however you still have to let go of the brake, as hellcats don’t have transbrakes from the factory. Mine will remain on the brake. Actually doing a part 2 where I wire in LEDs to let me know its active.
Im also moving it up with some shims/washers. Left leg getting a good workout in.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Most of it just gets expelled into the exhaust where it might light in the exhaust.
Cats handle that?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
ship the car to me I’ll install it off a button. So long story short:
View attachment 106454
Button on steering wheel is just fine however you still have to let go of the brake, as hellcats don’t have transbrakes from the factory. Mine will remain on the brake. Actually doing a part 2 where I wire in LEDs to let me know its active.
Im also moving it up with some shims/washers. Left leg getting a good workout in.
That ship has now sailed. It's being turned into a nice street cruiser now with a baby 93 tune.