Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Live action from FUMANCHU182.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #1,481
Data from the weekend.
1684202312050.png
Pretty happy with how it turned out data wise. Lots of 9.5s in there

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,483
Time to reveal this bad boy since y’all saw I was looking for a shell.

IMG_7247.jpeg IMG_7248.jpeg IMG_7249.jpeg IMG_7250.jpeg IMG_7251.jpeg IMG_7252.jpeg
This is my 6.2 racing longblock that will be going into the hellcat. The car has 67k on it and this was designed to be a normal block that can handle some serious power. Built by MMX to my specs piston and rod wise and could handle well north of 22psi which is what I run now. The old Hellcat motor is a rare block, it is an early block with no BGE stamps. It is being sent to MMX for a refresh and will be turned into a 411 stroker for the shell. I haven't decided on forced induction path yet but I’m looking at entering the 8.5 index or heavyweight and I mean 7s/8s heavyweight.

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Cant wait for you to get it going brother!! Badass!!

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,485

Nothing crazy just going over the fill procedure and inspecting the fluid drained. This occurred prior to going to the Rock.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Time to reveal this bad boy since y’all saw I was looking for a shell.

View attachment 105882 View attachment 105883 View attachment 105884 View attachment 105885 View attachment 105886 View attachment 105887
This is my 6.2 racing longblock that will be going into the hellcat. The car has 67k on it and this was designed to be a normal block that can handle some serious power. Built by MMX to my specs piston and rod wise and could handle well north of 22psi which is what I run now. The old Hellcat motor is a rare block, it is an early block with no BGE stamps. It is being sent to MMX for a refresh and will be turned into a 411 stroker for the shell. I haven't decided on forced induction path yet but I’m looking at entering the 8.5 index or heavyweight and I mean 7s/8s heavyweight.
It doesn’t say BGE on the back of the block? I have a real old hellcat block that says 6.2 on it, but in the bsck by rear main it’s still stamped BGE

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,487

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Good deal! The “old” 6.2 block (15 & 16)) are stronger. They have a higher nickel content and are the desirable block for a big hp build. A new BGE is generic now.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
It doesn’t say BGE on the back of the block? I have a real old hellcat block that says 6.2 on it, but in the bsck by rear main it’s still stamped BGE
Is there a reason you use this over the ZF fluid? Is it ok to use this in a stock transmission with stock frictions?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,490
Good deal! The “old” 6.2 block (15 & 16)) are stronger. They have a higher nickel content and are the desirable block for a big hp build. A new BGE is generic now.
Well that’s a bummer my new block is a 2021…
Is there a reason you use this over the ZF fluid? Is it ok to use this in a stock transmission with stock frictions?
for stock applications. I recommend stock fluid.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I
for stock applications. I recommend stock fluid.
ts expensive which is why I was asking lol. When I swapped from the M6. I pulled the intercooler/trans cooler and drained it/cleaned it out with brake cleaner because I was told the ATF would be bad for the stock frictions, was just curious if I could switch to this as I need to change mine as well. Great videos man! Lots of good info here and high quality

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
I use the factory 8/9 speed fluid for my trans and have seen no reason to change to something else in my particular case. It’s worked really well for me over the years.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
. Nothing wrong with the 6.2 BGE. I’m guessing that when they first came out with the Hellcat, they overkilled the block a bit. Concern of the unknown. Afterwards they started using the standard BGE specs. A “source” told us that the early 6.2’s were a stronger metallurgical deal that they later determined wasn’t necessary for the stock Hellcat. For somebody pushing a1500+ hp build…that is good to know. For most it won’t matter.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
. Nothing wrong with the 6.2 BGE. I’m guessing that when they first came out with the Hellcat, they overkilled the block a bit. Concern of the unknown. Afterwards they started using the standard BGE specs. A “source” told us that the early 6.2’s were a stronger metallurgical deal that they later determined wasn’t necessary for the stock Hellcat. For somebody pushing a1500+ hp build…that is good to know. For most it won’t matter.
Sad part is they were much cheaper then to 🥲

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,495
I

ts expensive which is why I was asking lol. When I swapped from the M6. I pulled the intercooler/trans cooler and drained it/cleaned it out with brake cleaner because I was told the ATF would be bad for the stock frictions, was just curious if I could switch to this as I need to change mine as well. Great videos man! Lots of good info here and high quality
Im running a racing trans and this is what Pure tells me to run. The fluid is just as expensive.
I use the factory 8/9 speed fluid for my trans and have seen no reason to change to something else in my particular case. It’s worked really well for me over the years.
No doubt, however my builder tells me to run this.
Im no where near there lol!

Sad part is they were much cheaper then to 🥲
I got one Ill sell you at today’s prices. J/k im keeping that bish…

Member ID
Reactions
City
West Palm Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
18’ TrackHawk
Those prong edges are pretty cool, definitely makes life easier, where did you find them? I’d like to get my hands on one.

IMG_2437.jpeg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Good info on the 2 step. I'd velcro the controller.

I've heard 2 step will murder cats....I need to research bur could def use one to help my rt.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Good info on the 2 step. I'd velcro the controller.

I've heard 2 step will murder cats....I need to research bur could def use one to help my rt.
It does the same thing launch control does, only it doesn’t activate the dumb traction control after you launch

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
It does the same thing launch control does, only it doesn’t activate the dumb traction control after you launch
Launch control will cut ignition and fuel while also limiting boost as well. This two step setup will just cut ignition. I had fun playing with it on my car when I still had it hooked up from early th400 testing. That is, I tried incorporating use of the two step for launch and better reaction time when I had the 8 speed back in. I liked it and wish I got to play with it some more while I still had the 8 speed installed. My reaction times improved .100 - .150 right off the bat and could probably get even better with practice.

https://youtube.com/shorts/11q6AuyIH1E

Last edited:

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
The 2-Step is only good for one thing with our Hellcats. When combined with a quick release transbrake (like in a T400) you will have a quicker reaction time on a pro tree. Releasing a single depressed button takes less time than the footbrake/gas pedal footwork you have to do otherwise.