Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Bubble may have burst

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
C'mon guys..we all know sellin cars is a job ya get when you get outta jail:rolleyes:;)
Geez.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I know...I know you did it...but that was long after yer parole....:giggle::giggle::giggle:;)
Yea, my murder charge was plea bargained down to 1 year of probation.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yea, my murder charge was plea bargained down to 1 year of probation.
Ya musta killed a Republican...:confused::confused:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It's under a gag order.
I gave up selling any of our private vehicles over 15 years ago...the last 3 were my wife's summer cars..put them on my front lawn..all were low mile front line vehicles..detailed outside and in..and underneath...the final straw was my wife's 02 Audi TT covert.it was in the wrapper with a 3rd of normal miles...a guy came to look @ it twice..I had to listen to him tell me has been looking for one for quite a while..not only was the car pristine with clean car fax...I priced it 1900.00 under average market price...the third day he came back with cash in a bag...2000.00 less than i wanted...closed the hood...walked away from him and told him I'd roll it off a cliff before I sold it for that...I have no patience for tire kickers...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I gave up selling any of our private vehicles over 15 years ago...the last 3 were my wife's summer cars..put them on my front lawn..all were low mile front line vehicles..detailed outside and in..and underneath...the final straw was my wife's 02 Audi TT covert.it was in the wrapper with a 3rd of normal miles...a guy came to look @ it twice..I had to listen to him tell me has been looking for one for quite a while..not only was the car pristine with clean car fax...I priced it 1900.00 under average market price...the third day he came back with cash in a bag...2000.00 less than i wanted...closed the hood...walked away from him and told him I'd roll it off a cliff before I sold it for that...I have no patience for tire kickers...
I curbstoned back when I had a wholesalers license. I would simply tell people that this was the best and only price. If they balked, I would just walk away.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I curbstoned back when I had a wholesalers license. I would simply tell people that this was the best and only price. If they balked, I would just walk away.
I don't sell junk..I wouldn't sell anything that's not 100% right,,and I price it right...and when the add says firm...it's firm....and the guy did end up givin me my price for the TT(y)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I don't sell junk..I wouldn't sell anything that's not 100% right,,and I price it right...and when the add says firm...it's firm....and the guy did end up givin me my price for the TT(y)
I didn't sell junk. No high miles stuff.

I had R title stuff at the public auction.

Keith Richards

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Windsor
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody - 2016 HC 6 -spd

Great posts here so I have to tell this story in short version best I can.....
About 2-1/2 years ago we decided to sell my wife's 2007 Vette as it was sitting outside (you can see her C7 orange replacement in the garage). I am an hour north of SF and the buyer came up from there looked the car over with his pregnant wife and I took him for a ride in it (I don't let people test drive till cash or means of payment and exactly how much is decided, offers, etc.). He liked the car and said he would be back in the morning. At about 4pm the next day still no word so I finally called him to see what was up? his reply "just going to call you and see if I could head up , we had some delays getting the cash". two hours later he was there, walked up and said "Do you want to negotiate?" I said "no, price is $27,500 and we shook on that yesterday, I have a small list of people to call if this falls apart" I was asking $28k. he said "ok" and preceded we preceded to count it out in cash. As you can see I did it on the wife's HC as I have one of our cameras in the garage as I wanted a picture of this guy, he just seemed like a shady mafia guy........ LOL
He stopped when we got to $27k and said can we make that work? which I answered no and he counted out the remaining $500.
he drove the car for 3 months and never put it in his name (luckily I did a release of liability when he left), and at that time he called and asked me if I would buy it back for what Carmax would give him $22k? I wanted to but without seeing the car and what he might have done to it I figured I didn't want to take a chance reselling it. Carmax was giving him a bad time since title was in my name and he hadn't paid taxes so again didn't want to get in what could be a messy situation.

Here's a few pic's. he is in white and his wife in a green dress.

Screenshot_20210628-070933_Night Owl X.jpg

Screenshot_20210628-070940_Night Owl X.jpg

Keith Richards

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Windsor
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody - 2016 HC 6 -spd
One other story, 25 years ago we were in an Acura dealership going round and round with a salesman on a lease return Acura. We got the car down close to were I wanted to be at about $6k off what they were asking and a reasonable blue book value but still $500 apart. We walked out and as we were walking past the managers raised cubicle he looked down at us and said "I can't believe you are walking out of here for $500" which I snapped back with "I can't believe you are letting us walk out of here for $500?". When we got out to our car I shut my phone off and told the wife let's go eat lunch at Applebee's and when I turn this phone back on they will have called and take the extra $500 off. They did just that but no 2 year certified warranty, I called back and said we will come back and buy but has to have the 2 year warranty included, the salesman reluctantly agreed and an hour later the wife was driving the Acura home......

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
One other story, 25 years ago we were in an Acura dealership going round and round with a salesman on a lease return Acura. We got the car down close to were I wanted to be at about $6k off what they were asking and a reasonable blue book value but still $500 apart. We walked out and as we were walking past the managers raised cubicle he looked down at us and said "I can't believe you are walking out of here for $500" which I snapped back with "I can't believe you are letting us walk out of here for $500?". When we got out to our car I shut my phone off and told the wife let's go eat lunch at Applebee's and when I turn this phone back on they will have called and take the extra $500 off. They did just that but no 2 year certified warranty, I called back and said we will come back and buy but has to have the 2 year warranty included, the salesman reluctantly agreed and an hour later the wife was driving the Acura home......[/QUOTE
It's always a dog and pony show @ the dealer...they try and wring every last dollar outta a deal...unfortunately the last 5 cars I bought were MSRP deals..HC/DEMON/C8/Genesis G80...Demon170...there was no dickering..I was lucky enough to get them...

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Prices will go down more

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Prices will go down more
Maybe...but in Spring ..they go up..always do..the market is always soft during winter..

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Maybe...but in Spring ..they go up..always do..the market is always soft during winter..
February best time to buy a car, and buy it in a small mountain town. Best prices always.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
February best time to buy a car, and buy it in a small mountain town. Best prices always.
Bugtussle got a dealer:unsure:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
They do, and redeye is probably the best car in the dealer and inside on the show room floor.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Great posts here so I have to tell this story in short version best I can.....
About 2-1/2 years ago we decided to sell my wife's 2007 Vette as it was sitting outside (you can see her C7 orange replacement in the garage). I am an hour north of SF and the buyer came up from there looked the car over with his pregnant wife and I took him for a ride in it (I don't let people test drive till cash or means of payment and exactly how much is decided, offers, etc.). He liked the car and said he would be back in the morning. At about 4pm the next day still no word so I finally called him to see what was up? his reply "just going to call you and see if I could head up , we had some delays getting the cash". two hours later he was there, walked up and said "Do you want to negotiate?" I said "no, price is $27,500 and we shook on that yesterday, I have a small list of people to call if this falls apart" I was asking $28k. he said "ok" and preceded we preceded to count it out in cash. As you can see I did it on the wife's HC as I have one of our cameras in the garage as I wanted a picture of this guy, he just seemed like a shady mafia guy........ LOL
He stopped when we got to $27k and said can we make that work? which I answered no and he counted out the remaining $500.
he drove the car for 3 months and never put it in his name (luckily I did a release of liability when he left), and at that time he called and asked me if I would buy it back for what Carmax would give him $22k? I wanted to but without seeing the car and what he might have done to it I figured I didn't want to take a chance reselling it. Carmax was giving him a bad time since title was in my name and he hadn't paid taxes so again didn't want to get in what could be a messy situation.

Here's a few pic's. he is in white and his wife in a green dress.

View attachment 126056

View attachment 126057
Always carry in those situations. Just saying...

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Always carry in those situations. Just saying...
I always carry anytime I'm meeting with someone I don't know for a transaction and in a public place if possible! Oh, who am I kidding? I always carry!!