Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Bubble may have burst

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yep.. At least 4 or 5 add-ons. I saw an add-on this morning that I haven't seen in years. Not a "fee" but just as good.. "VIN Etched Windows"
I remember that from way back.

MMissile

500 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB
I remember that from way back.
We did that at a glass-company I worked at, in the 80's. Stencils and acid paste. Insurance breaks...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
There are some states that significantly limit those fees & add-on crap (which have gotten totally out of control), then there are the states like FL where the auto dealers assoc. has bought & paid for the legislature to make sure they can screw the consumer as they please :mad:
I know of 1 dealer who does not charge any fees. At least they didn't. Mullinax Ford.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Yep.. At least 4 or 5 add-ons. I saw an add-on this morning that I haven't seen in years. Not a "fee" but just as good.. "VIN Etched Windows"
They have been 'selling' that crap in FL for decades along with the nitro filled tires, crappy interior & exterior 'protection' etc. etc. The latest is they claim to provide roadside assistance, $10K theft ins & a bunch of other stuff you already have either thru your ins. company or came from the manufacture as part of their warranty.

I know of 1 dealer who does not charge any fees. At least they didn't. Mullinax Ford.
Reed Nissan was fee free, but I think they have changed that :mad:. Mullinax also owns a Genesis deaalership & it is fee free.

Reillyrob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Redeye
Back in the day they would call it Scotch Guard or rust proofing, now they just call it fees with no real explanation. :mad:

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #46
Interestingly the Carfax shows this car was repossessed from the first owner. Must have gotten it and never made the first payment?

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Interestingly the Carfax shows this car was repossessed from the first owner. Must have gotten it and never made the first payment?
We had a friend and his wife whom thought like that in the early 2000's they got a really good settlement deal from his employer for their house because the company had tunneled under the property for raw materials decades earlier and it was causing the house to sink.
The company paid off their mortgage, BOUGHT them a new house and gave them 100K cash for the trouble and expenses!!!! Life changing for most people! They got their "free" house, he bought a 78 Camaro for a drag car, a brand new Hyabusa, two quads for the boys and him a new Chevy truck and her a new Durango! Well the truck was repo'd after 4 months because they never made a payment on it and the Durango was crashed by their teenage sons!
Their reasoning for buying the truck and never making a payment was "He" worked hard a deserved it!!????? WTF
WE ARE NO LONGER FRIENDS WITH THIS COUPLE as they have not changed in over 30 years!! Still I deserve and am owed??

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Ashley
1704223380109.jpeg

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Back in the day they would call it Scotch Guard or rust proofing, now they just call it fees with no real explanation. :mad:
Rust and dust...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I've went to this dealership when I was looking for the 1500. We were driving back from Tallahassee.

Parked, walked through the showroom, out back where the trucks were lined up, walked through them and didn't see what I was looking for and then went back inside the showroom.

I then used the bathroom, walked up to the sales manager cubicle area looking at stuff and then left.

They had advertised a couple trucks that fit pretty close to what I was looking for.

Not 1 person asked me if I needed help. I was totally ignored by everyone.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Just a little young for you??
Not a show stopper for me, however I doubt the person you are chatting with looks that good and may not even be female !

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Not a show stopper for me, however I doubt the person you are chatting with looks that good and may not even be female !
It's a bot. Maybe you can convince it to sell you a car for $1K like some others have?

It might recommend that you go buy a KIA or something...

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
It’s always a cute young girl in the circle.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
I've went to this dealership when I was looking for the 1500. We were driving back from Tallahassee.

Parked, walked through the showroom, out back where the trucks were lined up, walked through them and didn't see what I was looking for and then went back inside the showroom.

I then used the bathroom, walked up to the sales manager cubicle area looking at stuff and then left.

They had advertised a couple trucks that fit pretty close to what I was looking for.

Not 1 person asked me if I needed help. I was totally ignored by everyone.
When my wife and I were shopping for our first new car (1978), we walked into a Ford dealership. After being ignored for a while, we walked up to a salesman who was eating a sandwich at his desk and asked for some help. Without getting up and still chewing, he said, “You really want to buy a car?”

I said no and walked out. We ended up with a Toyota.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
When my wife and I were shopping for our first new car (1978), we walked into a Ford dealership. After being ignored for a while, we walked up to a salesman who was eating a sandwich at his desk and asked for some help. Without getting up and still chewing, he said, “You really want to buy a car?”

I worked for an Italian farmer when I was a kid. He went out to buy a new Cadillac at the local dealership. They laughed at him because he was wearing dirty coveralls and drove an old Oldsmobile there.

I remember him coming back quite shocked that he was treated that way.

Us kids looked and found him a Cadillac dealership in Wilmington, across the river.

A couple of days later he finally decided to drive over there. The next day he showed us his new Cadillac. He was beaming.

He paid for it with cash he had in a paper bag. I will never forget about this.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I don't eat chicken or boil hot dogs. I drink whole white milk and I don't see a C8 in my future.
Ok...ok ...so I was half right....and not convinced bout the boiled hot dogs:unsure::giggle::giggle:;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

C'mon guys..we all know sellin cars is a job ya get when you get outta jail:rolleyes:;)