Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

WOW the $5 gas is really here to stay it looks like......šŸ˜³

Will the barrel of oil continue to stay high?

• Yes

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Yes but only short term

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No its greed and will collapse sooner than later

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I own an Electric vehicle and don't carešŸ˜

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I ride a Bicycle and don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I walk most of the time now

• I siphon Gas out of my next door neighbors RV he never uses and Boat

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I stand on the corner now begging for gas money

• Total voters

Taxinator

Member ID
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
Just paid $6.50 per gallonā€¦SoCal.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Man...
$5 a box. Teresa bought 12 boxes from the grand daughter
those choc thin mints...give me a ice cold qt of milk...and I can destroy a whole box @ single sitting...:p:p:p:p

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Shine is arisen. Crank up the thumpers and get er dun.

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
State
VA
Country
United States
BUT Biden ruined EVERYTHING the first day in office all with the swipe of a pen to everyone's heart!
Y'all are delusional, and grossly misinformed if you believe the cancellation of the pending legs of the Keystone pipeline had anything to do with the current retail price of gas, as well as any action this (or any administration) takes, especially in "...the first day of office".

Democrat legislators (any elected officials, really) are likewise delusional if they believe windfall taxes are somehow a "solution" for forcing gas companies to stop "price gouging". They fail to understand that the years of plenty are meant to carry the gas companies through the years of slim to no profits - meaning, the years when crude oil prices per barrel were in the teens, or low twenties.

No better illustration of this is when the fracking industry shut down....because of the dumping by the Saudis and Russians, the price of oil plummeted, making fracking no longer profitable.

The free market at work.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Great source of water. Swimming pools in Iowa??

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Man...

those choc thin mints...give me a ice cold qt of milk...and I can destroy a whole box @ single sitting...:p:p:p:p
My Tagalongs were the size of Thin Mints this year. They kept the packaging the same, though. So the cookies were just flopping around in the plastic tray.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
I have a weak spot for the Samoas. If I donā€™t take a few and put the box away the rest are toast.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #29
I am close with many Car Dealer GM's and they are telling me the foot traffic has disappeared this month. Realtors are seeing change as well and some in the industry 30 plus years think the BUST is HERE.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Youā€™ve been preaching doom and gloom for months! Hope we all weather the storm!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I am close with many Car Dealer GM's and they are telling me the foot traffic has disappeared this month. Realtors are seeing change as well and some in the industry 30 plus years think the BUST is HERE.
For a lack of better term....POPPYCOCK...;);););)

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #32
Youā€™ve been preaching doom and gloom for months! Hope we all weather the storm!
Yes and I am not wanting it but the Pandemic started all this and to recover from all the Handouts and Government assistance is huge. Most are clueless the Government stopped paying families $300 per child per month up front money. That ended December 2021. The Payroll Protection Plans (huge monies stollen) is no more and businesses have to survive on their own. Inflation huge and WOW gas prices thru the roof with no relief in sight. People budgeted their free money and sit at home to buy a lot of stuff. People have to go back to work and now pay for Transportation again which now is huge while some for 2 years didn't commute to work anymore. Now they have to budget there money again but WOW its huge increase in spending and what did they buy and not save up? The Fed is doing 7 Rate Hikes and has only done 1 and has 6 more to go. The free borrowing days are over and the overpriced homes leveraged on free money as well. The $500k loan on a home at 2.75% rate versus eventually a 6 or 7% rate is double if not Tripple which drives the Morgtage payment to a higher number many cannot afford. The Supply chain issue is not going away anytime soon and labor challenges as well. People are being paid more than ever before with medical all the other goodies as well which in turn costs the employer a lot of money. The uncertainties more than ever in our markets is truly here and how does the country weather it when Big Business is controlling so much? And think about this we are only 2 and half months in to the new year and already things are going south!

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Pee cock.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Y'all are delusional, and grossly misinformed if you believe the cancellation of the pending legs of the Keystone pipeline had anything to do with the current retail price of gas, as well as any action this (or any administration) takes, especially in "...the first day of office".

Democrat legislators (any elected officials, really) are likewise delusional if they believe windfall taxes are somehow a "solution" for forcing gas companies to stop "price gouging". They fail to understand that the years of plenty are meant to carry the gas companies through the years of slim to no profits - meaning, the years when crude oil prices per barrel were in the teens, or low twenties.

No better illustration of this is when the fracking industry shut down....because of the dumping by the Saudis and Russians, the price of oil plummeted, making fracking no longer profitable.

The free market at work.
Government solutions worsen every problem Government creates.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
You are greatly over thinking a slow down related to the recession that happens every time gas gets this expensive and they quit giving away free money that has triggered high inflation and rising interest rates. Still waiting for your predicted DOW at 22,000. In the meantime buying this dip has worked out well for me, Iā€™ll keep an eye out for the end of the world.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Yes and I am not wanting it but the Pandemic started all this and to recover from all the Handouts and Government assistance is huge. Most are clueless the Government stopped paying families $300 per child per month up front money. That ended December 2021. The Payroll Protection Plans (huge monies stollen) is no more and businesses have to survive on their own. Inflation huge and WOW gas prices thru the roof with no relief in sight. People budgeted their free money and sit at home to buy a lot of stuff. People have to go back to work and now pay for Transportation again which now is huge while some for 2 years didn't commute to work anymore. Now they have to budget there money again but WOW its huge increase in spending and what did they buy and not save up? The Fed is doing 7 Rate Hikes and has only done 1 and has 6 more to go. The free borrowing days are over and the overpriced homes leveraged on free money as well. The $500k loan on a home at 2.75% rate versus eventually a 6 or 7% rate is double if not Tripple which drives the Morgtage payment to a higher number many cannot afford. The Supply chain issue is not going away anytime soon and labor challenges as well. People are being paid more than ever before with medical all the other goodies as well which in turn costs the employer a lot of money. The uncertainties more than ever in our markets is truly here and how does the country weather it when Big Business is controlling so much? And think about this we are only 2 and half months in to the new year and already things are going south!
There you go. That is it, but that explanation conflicts with your previous post telling us 30 years of the car industry is crumbling.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
some people are only happy when it rains

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I'm more surprised at "yes" is leading. We have all seen gas prices go up and down, nothing new here. It was way more worse in 2008 with what happened with $4 gas prices and markets falling apart

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yes and I am not wanting it but the Pandemic started all this and to recover from all the Handouts and Government assistance is huge. Most are clueless the Government stopped paying families $300 per child per month up front money. That ended December 2021. The Payroll Protection Plans (huge monies stollen) is no more and businesses have to survive on their own. Inflation huge and WOW gas prices thru the roof with no relief in sight. People budgeted their free money and sit at home to by a lot of stuff. People have to go back to work and now pay for Transportation again which now is huge while some for 2 years didn't commit to work anymore. Now they have to budget there money again but WOW its huge increase in spending and what did they buy and not save up? The Fed is doing 7 Rate Hikes and has only done 1 and has 6 more to go. The free borrowing days are over and the overpriced homes leveraged on free money as well. The $500k loan on a home at 2.75% rate versus eventually a 6 or 7% rate is double if not Tripple which drives the Morgtage payment to a higher number many cannot afford. The Supply chain issue is not going away anytime soon and labor challenges as well. People are being paid more than ever before with medical all the other goodies as well which in turn costs the employer a lot of money. The uncertainties more than ever in our markets is truly here and how does the country weather it when Big Business is controlling so much? And think about this we are only 2 and half months in to the new year and already things are going south!
You are greatly over thinking a slow down related to the recession that happens every time gas gets this expensive and they quit giving away free money that has triggered high inflation and rising interest rates. Still waiting for your predicted DOW at 22,000. In the meantime buying this dip has worked out well for me, Iā€™ll keep an eye out for the end of the world.
OH NO !!!!!!!!!...end of the world...??? So CC's goin out wearin a sandwich board sign...and an ascot ??? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: WTF

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #40
OH NO !!!!!!!!!...end of the world...??? So CC's goin out wearin a sandwich board sign...and an ascot ??? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: WTF
LMAO funny funny. Yeh its pretty amazing so many are clueless on the ongoing Pandemic Governing powers in the Economy. Meaning Mortgage forbearance is still ongoing in many states. An individual behind on there house payments are still protected from the bank taking it. People Renting are still in some states being protected from no rent payments for close to 2 years now. And some states have set aside monies to help the renters to pay their back rent. But you have to go thru a lengthy and organized process to qualify and event at that some got the money and dint use it for rent. The Restaurant industry is begging and pleading for another round of monies as well and possibly in the new Stimulus Bill they got it. I have not checked on that one lately. The Cash out of the Homes has been going on again the last few years and we all know how that plays out once the Interest Rates rise and adjustable at that. Plus all the over priced homes will never sell at higher rates and then this starts the Repo Home process. Inflation is not going to reverse itself anytime soon and now we are seeing the expensive fuels being passed onto all the goods and services we use. So Ya I hear ya about the worlds coming to an end but come on man how old are yašŸ˜. Uh Huh Howe many times have we seen this Shit Show and sadly the ones in control seem to love the Big Business Show or should I say the Big Business Technocrats love the ones they put into poweršŸ˜³