Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Who uses stage6 for their a8

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The ams does off the trans brake. I don’t have one so the two step will work just fine. This is doing the times ramp.
The ams 2000 is pretty pricy.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
The ams 2000 is pretty pricy.
That it is. Also think it’s the best one on the market.
This is the last time I’m going this big. so I’m doing it right. Only thing I have left is if I go th400 trying not to do that. Hopefully I can get car down to 4300 ish that will help.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
That it is. Also think it’s the best one on the market.
This is the last time I’m going this big. so I’m doing it right. Only thing I have left is if I go th400 trying not to do that. Hopefully I can get car down to 4300 ish that will help.
I'm not convinced that the stock tranny is the answer. How are you going to get .005 reaction times with it? Or am I missing something?

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
I'm not convinced that the stock tranny is the answer. How are you going to get .005 reaction times with it? Or am I missing something?
I won’t lol.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I had to change my game around index racing because of it. Went to the chase game and hoping for mistakes since that's all I had.
But you're not running a fixed et.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Yes. These cars do not react fast enough to ever put two zeros out front on a yellow/green pro tree. If that ever happens it’s because the driver counted 1, 2, 3 and let it go before seeing a light. Sometimes it works but don’t count on going rounds before you see red.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yes. These cars do not react fast enough to ever put two zeros out front on a yellow/green pro tree. If that ever happens it’s because the driver counted 1, 2, 3 and let it go before seeing a light. Sometimes it works but don’t count on going rounds before you see red.
The internal reaction time is not consistent in my opinion. I could be wrong.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The internal reaction time is not consistent in my opinion. I could be wrong.
In agree. I don’t know exactly where or what that is but the response to power is not consistent. A dozen different things working in the chain of events between the power and the car moving, so there’s a combination of things working, but it’s there. The fact that the car weighs two tons is no doubt part of it.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
In agree. I don’t know exactly where or what that is but the response to power is not consistent. A dozen different things working in the chain of events between the power and the car moving but it’s there. The fact that the car weighs two tons is no doubt part of it.
And to even compete at a major event is very tough. If you get in, you know you're a round 1 loser unless your competitor screws up or breaks.
Very disheartening position to be in.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #30
It’s to launch with the same power same rpm consistently with the converter flashed up/load on the drivetrain, that’s why I want it. I don’t launch the car at all off the foot break. Last yellow, I floor the car. Trying to get a better 60’, not worried about reaction time at the moment. All good info here, I did t think you actually had yours installed @DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It’s to launch with the same power same rpm consistently with the converter flashed up/load on the drivetrain, that’s why I want it. I don’t launch the car at all off the foot break. Last yellow, I floor the car. Trying to get a better 60’, not worried about reaction time at the moment. All good info here, I did t think you actually had yours installed @DavidKFla
I never had 1 installed. I went to their shop and discussed how I wanted to use it and at what launch rpm.

They said that they wouldn't modify it to fit my needs so I moved on. I talked to the owner and that's what he told me.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #32
I never had 1 installed. I went to their shop and discussed how I wanted to use it and at what launch rpm.

They said that they wouldn't modify it to fit my needs so I moved on. I talked to the owner and that's what he told me.
For the A8 they tell you to run it off a small switch, I don’t see why you couldn’t extend the wires and mount to a nice momentary switch on the steering wheel. I also have 5 different tunes that vary only for the first 60’. I’m sure you could get this to work with the right tuning

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #33
Lift off the brake pedal a little to bump in, and then let off brake/button. As long as you’re not flashing the converter up past its stall speed, you shouldn’t need to be worried about the car moving unless you’re down hill

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
For the A8 they tell you to run it off a small switch, I don’t see why you couldn’t extend the wires and mount to a nice momentary switch on the steering wheel. I also have 5 different tunes that vary only for the first 60’. I’m sure you could get this to work with the right tuning
They would not dial in a lower launch rpm or change it from brake pedal control to a switch. End of story for me. I'm done racing anyway.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #35
Then again, this is how it works in my brain, which is why I’m trying to get some information from people that have used it lol

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Then again, this is how it works in my brain, which is why I’m trying to get some information from people that have used it lol
Read my posts 100%. You might see where I'm coming from.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #37
And to even compete at a major event is very tough. If you get in, you know you're a round 1 loser unless your competitor screws up or breaks.
Very disheartening position to be in.
You can change the pedal voltage, I’m not sure why tuners aren’t really dialing this in for RT

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You can change the pedal voltage, I’m not sure why tuners aren’t really dialing this in for RT
They would not lower the rpm for me down to 1200 - 1500 where I launched from.

It didn't work for me.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #39
Read my posts 100%. You might see where I'm coming from.
I did and understand where you’re coming from, they wouldn’t do what you wanted and even then reaction time is a bust. But pedal sensitivity can be handled in the tune. I think having it (since it sounds like I can get it working how I want it) would work and remove some of the guess work of when the car is going to go after I mash it

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #40
The real ticket would be tuners figuring out how to really tune and adjust the factory launch control. Still no idea why that was abounded and no one tunes the torque reserve