Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Spent about half a day working on my cars outside in the 95 degree humid weather. For the Hellcat, changed my rear diff fluid using Amsoil Severe Gear Duty fluid in the bag. That was about the easiest rear fluid change that I've ever done and having the fluid in the bag (not having to breakout the transfer pump) made it super easy.

Had an ABS light pop on the Viper the other week. Didn't have a code reader that did ABS codes, so bought a more expensive one. The scan came back and said it was a fault at the Front, Right ABS sensor. Ordered the part and replaced only to have the ABS sensor remain on. I scanned again and said there were no ABS faults. Light was still on, then tried to erase the code again on the scanner, which once again says there are no ABS faults. The ABS light still remains on. I only drove it a few feet, but the ABS light didn't reset. I'm not sure what to believe...am going to be on the track on Saturday and really enjoy ABS (apparently if there is a fault, the ABS won't work at all). Hoping it resets on the drive to the track; else I'm probably going to have a bad day. Might try to unplug the battery, but then all computer adaptives will reset; perhaps that's a good thing before getting on the track.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Spent about half a day working on my cars outside in the 95 degree humid weather. For the Hellcat, changed my rear diff fluid using Amsoil Severe Gear Duty fluid in the bag. That was about the easiest rear fluid change that I've ever done and having the fluid in the bag (not having to breakout the transfer pump) made it super easy.

Had an ABS light pop on the Viper the other week. Didn't have a code reader that did ABS codes, so bought a more expensive one. The scan came back and said it was a fault at the Front, Right ABS sensor. Ordered the part and replaced only to have the ABS sensor remain on. I scanned again and said there were no ABS faults. Light was still on, then tried to erase the code again on the scanner, which once again says there are no ABS faults. The ABS light still remains on. I only drove it a few feet, but the ABS light didn't reset. I'm not sure what to believe...am going to be on the track on Saturday and really enjoy ABS (apparently if there is a fault, the ABS won't work at all). Hoping it resets on the drive to the track; else I'm probably going to have a bad day. Might try to unplug the battery, but then all computer adaptives will reset; perhaps that's a good thing before getting on the track.
I worked up a sweat just readin yer post...;)

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
I worked up a sweat just readin yer post...;)
What's the weather like in Orchard Park? The 10 day forecast has been in the mid-90's every day in Long Island. I promise never to complain about the heat, because I hate the cold. And truthfully, you'll see me working on my cars in the 90's but not the 20's. I remember installing a bigger turbo in one of my cars and I couldn't feel my hands one year...wouldn't pull that crap again.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
What's the weather like in Orchard Park? The 10 day forecast has been in the mid-90's every day in Long Island. I promise never to complain about the heat, because I hate the cold. And truthfully, you'll see me working on my cars in the 90's but not the 20's. I remember installing a bigger turbo in one of my cars and I couldn't feel my hands one year...wouldn't pull that crap again.
It was in the 80's..but humid...I can't take the humidity..I sweat like a pig...and melt like a candle...the cold..doesn't bother me..can handle sub zero all winter...but hate the snow...

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Had some interest in the light. Here is the link:

https://blastled.com/car-lighting/2...-Kit/dodge-challenger-hellcat-trunk-led-light

I like the product overall but the projection is not in the center of the trunk and it doesn't provide much light. Cost is $30 plus shipping. I used the $5.00 shipping and the package arrived in about 8 days.
TY, It says "2015 TO 2019” I assume it will fit the current Challenger's as well?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Unloaded the car today and cleaned it and washed the wheels and removed the decals from the NMCA race

Yesterday when I was changing the wheels out, my zl1 jacking pad on the driver side looked like it was going to fall off and it didn't take much to get it off. The other side the same. They have been on for 2 years and have been used a lot. I didn't lock tight the screws and maybe should have. So I did that today and put them back on

I highly recommend getting some for the front of our cars. There are different choices out there and they sell magnetic ones also. Makes jacking up the front of the car much easier. We have them for the rear from the factory

20220725_092820.jpg 20220725_092817.jpg

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Unloaded the car today and cleaned it and washed the wheels and removed the decals from the NMCA race

Yesterday when I was changing the wheels out, my zl1 jacking pad on the driver side looked like it was going to fall off and it didn't take much to get it off. The other side the same. They have been on for 2 years and have been used a lot. I didn't lock tight the screws and maybe should have. So I did that today and put them back on

I highly recommend getting some for the front of our cars. There are different choices out there and they sell magnetic ones also. Makes jacking up the front of the car much easier. We have them for the rear from the factory

View attachment 76688 View attachment 76689
Used loctite on mine. Hope they stay put.

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
Nothing much, but added a little something to improve the dead pedal area.
1ED2ABF0-BE9C-49D1-AAA7-78C966030417.jpeg

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Charging the battery.
20220808_120303.jpg

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
It is nurtured. New identity pending!

94D1A03A-3EEF-48A6-9B85-400E886F1042.jpeg

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Redeye V2 is great. Shoutout to @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC for a great job. Pending some track work and evaluation more to come, but it runs like it should now.:p
We have a great plan for tracking it, I am very optimistic this thing will be fun now.

Had to repack some of my bushings today. The BMR front sway bar needs its bushings cleaned and greased twice a year or it is real noisy. Also some of the AAD rears needed it. I was able to get to five of the eight of the top arms, I did the OEM bushings on the tension arms last week, just cleaned the Spheriflex beauties. That took care of 99% of the interesting squeaks.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Talking to Jon about setting the Charger up for 10.0 index class racing in addition to the 10.50 class. Have some decisions to make.

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
great, where did you get those parts from?? BR JJ
Ordered it on Etsy from Autocovr.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
IMG_20220815_171423.jpg
I did a little weight reduction.
Gotta try to keep that stock boost record.
The other car I edged out was about 200lbs lighter.
Hopefully we can run late in the year again and see about the first stock boost pump gas 9 sec pass. 🤞

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Didn’t get a chance to put these on last year before the track closed, then spring and summer came and was preoccupied with the boat. But now that fall is approaching I finally got these mounted up and they do fit with mopar springs. Thanks @oilburner
Don’t mind the dirty car lol

Attachments

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Talking to Jon about setting the Charger up for 10.0 index class racing in addition to the 10.50 class. Have some decisions to make.
@Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC does great work. Both of my Hellcats have a new attitude.😉

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
View attachment 78905
I did a little weight reduction.
Gotta try to keep that stock boost record.
The other car I edged out was about 200lbs lighter.
Hopefully we can run late in the year again and see about the first stock boost pump gas 9 sec pass. 🤞
and if you have been following that other car it is getting lighter

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
and if you have been following that other car it is getting lighter
Yeah I saw that.
I don't care though. I still will never remove my pass seat so I will always be a little heavier.
I did however swap front sway bars with the ones on my wife's Charger R/T on the same day. It had the same bar as the other car got.
I finally removed the factory tire inflator last week. 😂
I will always be heavier as I won't go that far on weight reduction, I run more fuel than he does and I'm about 30-40 lbs heavier than he is 🤣🤣.
Unfortunately it isn't likely the two cars will ever line up together. It is fun for me to watch him in January while I'm buried in snow.
Fall is coming so maybe I can make his target a little further away. If not there is spring. 😂
I went out Friday to get some logs in the heat. (I'm still on the exact same tune from last October)
The car ran 10.47-10.50 in 2200-2350DA and crap Baro and 85f. So about as bad as it gets here usually. When stock the car would have been .3-.4 slower.

How are you doing this weekend?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Spent probably the most enjoyable day with my HC since I got it..It is rare the I have nothing to do on a Sat. ....fired the cat up @ 9am..gorgeous sunny day..didn't put it away till 7pm...went through a half a tank of gas..(and didn't really go that far)..but got every where I went in a hurry...I'm still grinnin:p:p:p