Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tint shop door dinged my new car twice

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #21
Well, I’m no professional but if that’s the bottom edge of the door.. maybe they could sand the problem area and paint spray touch up with your cars Color Code paint. I’d ask a local reputable body shop for a quote. If you want to fix it in 5 minutes.. you could take some similar white paint on a cue tip and touch it up. I’ve touched my front splitter up a few times on the leading edge with some Benjamin Moore black paint. You can’t even notice it. But since you baby is brandy new I’d go the body shop route.
Is there a chance of rust if you use just touch up paint and not epoxy?

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thanks brotha, this is exactly how I feel. I contacted my dealership to see if there was anything they can do. they said they’ll will try to resolve the issue
"Trying is Lying" be careful they will park the car in the back lot and next thing you know you have another ding in your car. Look up in your area a dent and scratch repair person. Ask them if they give free estimates and if they do then have them come to your home and you can watch the whole 9 yards right in front of your face. Dealers are swamped with chasing problems and unhappy customers. They are trained to say yeah will look into that and then trow your keys to a porter who will take her for a nice ride and then the next person shows up and your border line forgotten.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
The factory touch up paint works pretty well. Don't use the brush that comes with the paint. Get yourself a selection of small artists brushes, they have a nice sharp point to them. You can get some cheap ones at Walmart in the arts/crafts aisle. Don't try to fill the entire area in one go, do it in several applications with a small amount of paint each time, this will keep it from piling up in one area and creating a large build up. It will take you longer to do it this way, but you will get a better job. You can also use some of that blue or green painters tape to surround the area.

Take your time. Let the paint almost completely dry before you add the next small amount to the area.

A friend of mine took his car to a nail salon and paid the nail girl to do his. I know that sounds crazy, but they generally have steady hands and are used to doing this kind of thing.
That ^^^ is the best way to do it, for at home DIY.

I'm so impatient, I never take my time between coats, so it could prob. look better after I do it.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
The good thing for him is that he lives in the desert.....so he shouldn't have to wait long :LOL:
That's true, & he probably doesn't have any grass to cut, so he has more time to do it. :LOL:

I'm not smart enough to use a hair dryer or heat gun, to help dry faster, hey that's a good idea. It takes too long to go get it ( 1 minute ). :rolleyes::LOL:

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #25
The good thing for him is that he lives in the desert.....so he shouldn't have to wait long :LOL:

It's really humid where I am so it takes longer to dry in between coats. I don't always wait long enough either......
Solid advice as always.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
OMG......I can't wait to move out to the desert so I don't have grass to cut anymore :ROFLMAO:
I know that's right !

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
OMG......I can't wait to move out to the desert so I don't have grass to cut anymore :ROFLMAO:
Or hit the Lotto so I can pay someone to do it for me. :unsure:

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #28
Im literally moving at the end of this year to a place much cooler. The desert sounds appealing but it’s really not. 😂 Some of us have fake grass, but we only dream of smelling that fresh cut grass with that morning dew, which sucks about vegas.

Also, the 110 degree dry heat in the summertime leaves oil deposits everywhere on the road, when it does finally rains the oil starts to rise from ground and the road feels like your driving on glass.

Last edited:
OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #29
I'm actually thinking about retring to west of Ensenada, Mexico on the coast.
That’s a very beautiful place, seafood and lobster by the pound. Best fishing spots. My brother just vacationed there a month ago with his friends.

To be honest, I don’t know how safe it is to live over the border. There is heavy cartel prescense anywhere close to the border, especially closer to Cali.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
That looks like its on the edge of the door. Can you even see it with the door closed? Im seeing 2 hits that can probably easily be touched up with paint. If we cant see it if you zoom out WTF are we all getting so angry about? It know its the principle of the thing but still, when reality sits in what are your options. Stress yell scream and have heart attack or admit it fking sucks but Have a beer and fix it yourself. Get a dr colorchip kit and do it. Or find a paint guy that specialized in it and have him do it.

Dealers wont do shit and the lot monkeys will probably do worse. Relax. the head spinning angry yelling at people who may have done it but wont fess up or fix it, isnt worth the stress and anxiety of fighting with them. It sucks but once you leave the lot or the shop who is to say you didnt do it and are just trying to shake down the shop for $$ I now you didnt but the tint shop owner isnt going to look at it like that.

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #31
That looks like its on the edge of the door. Can you even see it with the door closed? Im seeing 2 hits that can probably easily be touched up with paint. If we cant see it if you zoom out WTF are we all getting so angry about? It know its the principle of the thing but still, when reality sits in what are your options. Stress yell scream and have heart attack or admit it fking sucks but Have a beer and fix it yourself. Get a dr colorchip kit and do it. Or find a paint guy that specialized in it and have him do it.

Dealers wont do shit and the lot monkeys will probably do worse. Relax. the head spinning angry yelling at people who may have done it but wont fess up or fix it, isnt worth the stress and anxiety of fighting with them. It sucks but once you leave the lot or the shop who is to say you didnt do it and are just trying to shake down the shop for $$ I now you didnt but the tint shop owner isnt going to look at it like that.
Don't you realize your just ranting too? Sometimes good advice is offered, sometimes it leads to a good conversation. That’s whats good about a forum.

And yep, it’s the principles of things, If you paid close to $70k on a vehicle with your hard earned money you want to appreciate it by keeping it pristine, a ding defeats that purpose, and I didn’t even do it 😂 I hate damage to my car when it’s not even my fault.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
Don't you realize your just ranting too? Sometimes good advice is offered, sometimes it leads to a good conversation. That’s whats good about a forum.

And yep, it’s the principles of things, If you paid close to $70k on a vehicle with your hard earned money you want to appreciate it by keeping it pristine, a ding defeats that purpose, and I didn’t even do it 😂 I hate damage to my car when it’s not even my fault.
I understand your frustration but the AP of fighting with people who wont ever own up to what they did is an empty bucket. Think of ways that will get you the best result and move forward with it.

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #33
I understand your frustration but the AP of fighting with people who wont ever own up to what they did is an empty bucket. Think of ways that will get you the best result and move forward with it.
Thanks to @Stormtrooper1320 and others who commented, I realized that epoxy and sanding is not the best option. Simply applying multiple coats of the touch up paint should do the trick. Saved me money and time.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
This tint shop by my house door dinged my right door twice. It looks pretty hard too. It’s been a week now since I picked her back up but she’s been sitting in my garage since then, no one has opened that door and I was detailing my car and noticed it. They left a bunch of water stains. I texted the owner and told him he needs to make it right, is there any legal course I can threaten him with or do I swallow this? This jerk even took a tip from me. Is the factory paint correction spot on ?

View attachment 24388
The fact that you didn't notice it for days...makes it kinda tough to go after the shop...he could always take the position it wasn't there when you picked it up...whoever did it..knew it,,,if it was the shop...good chance he aint gonna admit it...

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #35
The fact that you didn't notice it for days...makes it kinda tough to go after the shop...he could always take the position it wasn't there when you picked it up...whoever did it..knew it,,,if it was the shop...good chance he aint gonna admit it...
Yea im past the blaming game. I’ve already ordered the matching touch up paint.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
OMG....it has rained here every two days or so for 2 days or so since spring. I guess we're on the wetter cycle years right now, but it makes it hard to keep up with the grass cutting because it grows so fast. When I do get to cut it, it's so wet that it keeps boggin down my mower.

I'm sure it will take me a bit to get used to everything being brown after being back here for a few years.
Yeah I feel your pain lol
9A2F2786-975F-4D2F-8F23-892A613F8259.jpeg

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
It’s in a unnoticeable area but it’s still killing me 😂. Could the dealership have done this, it’s definelty possible. When I took delivery of the car the only thing I checked was the exterior of the car.
That is not unnoticeable.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
That’s a very beautiful place, seafood and lobster by the pound. Best fishing spots. My brother just vacationed there a month ago with his friends.

To be honest, I don’t know how safe it is to live over the border. There is heavy cartel presence anywhere close to the border, especially closer to Cali.
30+ years ago when I stomped all over central america it was not bad (I mean you'd have a few tourists robbed, and one murdered off a bus when they built the Autopista Del Sol, but it wasn't this "shadow terrorist government drug dealer shit they have now). Even in then, in Las Brisas near Acapulco, the army guarded that entire area. Old school iron pots, rain gear, and M16s. Personally, I would not retire there.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Any legal action is basically toast unless you have the cash to just beat on them and make it more of a hassle to defend than to fix it.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
US murders in 2018: 16,214 Population: 330 million Murder rate: .000049%

Mexico murders in 2018: 33,000 Population: 126 million Murder rate: .000262% Murder rate is 5.4 times as high there.

I did a lot of time in Mexico back in the day, and I spoke fluently enough that they knew I wasn't from Morellos state (for example) but didn't think it was a foreigner. It was not bad then, now it's just nuts. One of the ways they make the touristas feel safe is in most areas Mexicans cannot go in the tourist enclaves without paperwork proving they work their (or they are wealthy). I know you can take care of yourself, that's not the issue. I just don't care for those odds.