Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tim Kuniskis on AutoLine

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
LOL @ "catch on fire".

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I’m personally waiting for hell to freeze over, then the power grid chances are I’ll never see this as a option in my lifetime. But never say never because you can get proven wrong.
You have to understand how the power grid works. I worked at a large thermal power generating station for most of my career. I also recieved extensive training on how to start up and restore the power grid WITHOUT communication. Really cool shit.
Our units used Fuel Oil or Natural Gas for fuel and could operate from 20 Megawatts to 320 Megawats. They could operate from 70 to 320 on Automatic Generation Control where the Energy Control Center dictated output. There are numurous operating considerations. But, one of the biggest ones was there was no system load late at night. So every night at 10 or 11 pm we would take the units off AGC and put them to bed (go down to 20 MW). I can see them offering incentives to charge all the electric cars at night and disincentives to charge on hot afternoons in the summer etc. These types of Units will ALWAYS have their place. They run no matter what. No wind? Not a problem. Sun goes down? Not a probem.
There is also many project underway to address these things. Like large battery storage to store the solar power for use at night etc.......If they are smart they will plan and take action and things will be fine.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Ron that’s truly the key if there smart! Nothing I’ve seen these last 2 years are smart. Not saying it can’t happen but I’m skeptical. Like I said never say never.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Some day they will be hanging the front wheels.
Just like the electric Rc car.