Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tim Kuniskis on AutoLine

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
A not too unlikely scenario is that there is water on the road (light flooding) and you hit debris in the road that compromises the battery pack.
I mean, we’ve never seen a Tesla blow up from getting the battery wet. We’ve watched dozens of them burn, but they aren’t blowing up.
might start seeing a lot on them put on a fireworks show soon
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/el...mage-hurricane-ian-top-florida-official-warns

an eBMW down the street detonated during the storm. of course, that was due to a tree falling on it vice a little water, but... I thought it was just a transformer that blew, til about 10 hours later, on the way into work, noticed the fire dept had a crew sitting out there watching it. they were out there for a day and a half, drowning it in what looked like purple k every now and then, while they waited for a hazardous material container to arrive

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Which one specifically?
He is Chrysler’s front man now… around the same time Dodge was releasing the Charger EV he was doing the Chrysler stuff. The coolest thing he had to talk about was a 300 with a 6.4. The rest of his display was EV that couldn’t hold a candle to the Charger.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Looked at it. Having three models is.pretty slim. Or just 2. And the 300C should have been the HC motor in my opinion. They just cheaped out. Or market research said people wouldn't pay for it.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I give credit to Tim for the idea of the Demon. That was his baby.

I give credit to Stellantis for forcing the EV. That was their baby.

Let's give credit where credit is due. Tim is not the reason the EV came to Dodge...
True but he has chosen to sell his soul defending and even promoting a loser idea that's ANTITHESIS to the muscle car mantra. If they force this bagofdicks on you, refuse and ask to run Maserati and if they say no go get another job. Integrity matters. Reputation matters.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Again, if Tim didn’t do it, some other schmuck would have. I believe that Tim made the best EV he could because Dodge was going to make it with or without him.
Did you guys see the Ralph Giles reveal? We could have been dealing with that.
Unless you are a millennial, making the best sh!t sandwich doesn't get you a trophy.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Millenials can't afford these. Atleast the ones I've talked to. $100k is still a lot of money to them. Border line unobtanium.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Heres something to think about. Wading deep water with a lithium pack the size of a trunk. The explosion would be enougb to level a city block if it was exposed to water.
21st century car bomb, just add water:unsure:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Millenials can't afford these. Atleast the ones I've talked to. $100k is still a lot of money to them. Border line unobtanium.
Hey...100g's is still alotta money to me...and I was born in the 50'so_O;)

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
My comment was more that a 💩 🥪 is still a 💩 🥪 no matter what bread you use. I added the millennial comedy dig since most expect a participation 🏆, for any trivial thing they do.

Not surprised 100k is impossible. Hard to make a living working out of mom’s basement. 😂

Last edited:

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I did not read much of this. I find it unfortunate that so many members are closed minded. That is fine. But why the constant trashing of Dodge and Tim? It is cult like. I don't get it.

I do agree with the whole electric car thing being a sham. But there are some aspects that are workable. All in, electric cars do not prevent emissions. They only displace or relocate them etc.

I do like the new electric Charger. . A lot . .The sound and all. But my #1 priority is the #7 Last Call HALO or LEGEND Car that will eventually be released. I am pretty sure Tim said a couple times in the reveal that "there will never be anonther Car like it". And if the rumor I just heard is true, I will have to agree with that. I think it will blow peoples minds in some respects.

Also if the rumors I heard about the Charger are true I am going to want one of those too.................

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
I did not read much of this. I find it unfortunate that so many members are closed minded. That is fine. But why the constant trashing of Dodge and Tim? It is cult like. I don't get it.

I do agree with the whole electric car thing being a sham. But there are some aspects that are workable. All in, electric cars do not prevent emissions. They only displace or relocate them etc.

I do like the new electric Charger. . A lot . .The sound and all. But my #1 priority is the #7 Last Call HALO or LEGEND Car that will eventually be released. I am pretty sure Tim said a couple times in the reveal that "there will never be anonther Car like it". And if the rumor I just heard is true, I will have to agree with that. I think it will blow peoples minds in some respects.

Also if the rumors I heard about the Charger are true I am going to want one of those too.................
I think we are all with you on the 7 car. After that, I think you are in the minority wrt to the EV direction the company is going (regardless of actual consumer demand). But hey, different strokes for different folks. That’s fine by me.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Unless it’s for a philosophy degree and the government is going to pay for it.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I think we are all with you on the 7 car. After that, I think you are in the minority wrt to the EV direction the company is going (regardless of actual consumer demand). But hey, different strokes for different folks. That’s fine by me.
To be clear, I do think electric vehicles and the zero emissions thing is a sham. Unfortunately, there are a lot of less smart people out there that will buy into this. And a lot of them Vote etc. They believe this agenda without thinking or knowing.

As I said electric cars move the emissions someplace else. So maybe for heavily populated and polluted areas they might make sense. But is that right or fair? Likely not.

Do I think it is a good thing that Stellantis is selling electric vehicles? Some electric vehicles? It can't hurt. All electric society? I think some valid points have been made. So, I don't think we have to worry about that. Ever.

Me personally, as I said, might have a situation where an electric vehicle might fit. #1 I might really really want that Charger if it can beat a Tesla Plaid off the showroom floor (the rumors say, yes). But I also have been considering a "runabout" vehicle to use around town here in Kingman. So, that vehicle could easily be electric. But mathematically and health wise I just cannot make it feasible in my mind. Besides I would prefer something like a mini pickup gasoline powered with a manual trans......

I will tell you I am disappointed to see that just about every thread that has anything to do with electric cars and the last call cars has been mostly negative. It seems to be the same people saying pretty much the same things over and over........Cult like. So, it is now the popular thing to do now coming out against electric cars and Tim K etc. I don't think so.......

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Unless you are a millennial, making the best sh!t sandwich doesn't get you a trophy.
Doing your job isn’t exactly what millennials are known for. Tim is doing his job. Making the most out of a situation that he cannot influence.

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
If it prints out copies of time slips.
Combined
With that push to pass (nos) button
On the steering wheel. (In case you can’t get there)
This will be deadly on the drag strip
This may be my next gun.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
To be clear, I do think electric vehicles and the zero emissions thing is a sham. Unfortunately, there are a lot of less smart people out there that will buy into this. And a lot of them Vote etc. They believe this agenda without thinking or knowing.

As I said electric cars move the emissions someplace else. So maybe for heavily populated and polluted areas they might make sense. But is that right or fair? Likely not.

Do I think it is a good thing that Stellantis is selling electric vehicles? Some electric vehicles? It can't hurt. All electric society? I think some valid points have been made. So, I don't think we have to worry about that. Ever.

Me personally, as I said, might have a situation where an electric vehicle might fit. #1 I might really really want that Charger if it can beat a Tesla Plaid off the showroom floor (the rumors say, yes). But I also have been considering a "runabout" vehicle to use around town here in Kingman. So, that vehicle could easily be electric. But mathematically and health wise I just cannot make it feasible in my mind. Besides I would prefer something like a mini pickup gasoline powered with a manual trans......

I will tell you I am disappointed to see that just about every thread that has anything to do with electric cars and the last call cars has been mostly negative. It seems to be the same people saying pretty much the same things over and over........Cult like. So, it is now the popular thing to do now coming out against electric cars and Tim K etc. I don't think so.......
I think one of the biggest issues people have is the big lie the government is trying to get us to believe and that’s that EVs are going to solve any global warming issue. As long as countries like China & India continue to pollute like they do it would be difficult for EVs to have much impact IMO. I think the other issue is that people don’t want these rammed down their throats. If they’re so great people will gradually migrate to them. As you stated, for running around town an EV would probably be a good choice. But the fact that our government wants to make that a requirement and not a choice is a problem.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle

Yeah my wife has a plug-in Niro and she LOVES it. I get that and I like that gas can still be used. But for me at least, true performance = more than going fast. It's visceral. It's the rumble of the exhaust, the whine of the supercharger, the smell of partially unburnt fuel. I am not that old, but I may be classified as a dinosaur, lol. I am going to amass the best ICE collection I can over time. Manual HP ICE won't be forgotten either. I think 10-15 years from now the OEMs will have producer remorse, and our hellcats, Demons, SS's, Red Eyes and ALL of the Gen 1 muscle from 60's will be envied by anyone who truly appreciates performance.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think one of the biggest issues people have is the big lie the government is trying to get us to believe and that’s that EVs are going to solve any global warming issue. As long as countries like China & India continue to pollute like they do it would be difficult for EVs to have much impact IMO. I think the other issue is that people don’t want these rammed down their throats. If they’re so great people will gradually migrate to them. As you stated, for running around town an EV would probably be a good choice. But the fact that our government wants to make that a requirement and not a choice is a problem.
I agree. I do think denying man's impact on global warming is Ostrichian(c) given the overwhelming actual, scientific evidence but I also think jumping on the 1st suggested mass solution to help solve it is very dangerous, especially when it requires tearing up said earth and draining all rare metals (that we may need for future tech) to build an infinite amount of toxic, flammable batteries.

In addition to electrification (on a more modest scale) why not put our solution eggs in MULTIPLE baskets? Hydrogen fuel cells are something that was abandoned very quickly, imo. Porsche is making a green synthetic gasoline that's emissions-free. Sure these things cost $ initially to develop and produce but that's true about ALL new tech.

One of the most dangerous things we can do as a society is to move EN MASS, QUICKLY towards a perceived solution (whatever the problem may be).

Sadly though, that's how humanity rolls. We OVER REACT to a perceived ill or wrong and go full tilt in the other direction almost instantly. For some reason, we rarely find balance. This is true with tech, politics, and everything else in between. You can find countless examples of this over our relatively short existence on this planet. Someday it may be our species' undoing...

Last edited:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB

I'm with you on most of that. I can give or take the whole EV thing tbh. It's whatever for me. But that Banshee thing is disgusting to look at for me. That's my big complaint. I'd be embarrassed in that thing regardless of performance. Reminds me of the C8, a wonky looking performer that I'd never be seen in. I agree about the cult like reaction to electric from the people who can look at that car without vomiting. I get that we all love the Hellcat platform but if you dont mind the looks and it'll smoke your JB, SS, RE, Demon, then the rest just sounds like huge hate overkill lol. Hey I'll never own one if they look anything like the Banshee but not because of electric power.