Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tim Kuniskis on AutoLine

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Heres something to think about. Wading deep water with a lithium pack the size of a trunk. The explosion would be enougb to level a city block if it was exposed to water.

Assuming the water infiltrated the battery and then the cells, absolutely...

I've been playing with solvated lithium at work... Very reactive stuff!

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Tim Kuniskis,

When Dodge goes out of business and you find a new job as say the CEO of Texas Roadhouse, please for the love of God do not replace all real beef steaks with imitation veggie based steaks! If you listen to your customers, they will happily tell you what they will spend all of their hard earned money on. Clearly you have missed this point so many times in recent history.

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
I know chemistry 101 didn't change as much as people want to think it did to conveniently fit their narrative.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

So a sealed battery in a flood is not problematic...what about a battery compromised in a crash...in say a heavy down pour...

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
Tim can take his EV's and shove them up his asshole.
the way he wears those "skinny" pants, he just might enjoy that

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Another point driving EV adoption is the grid factor. You can program most EVs to charge at a given time (like late night when rates are lower) so you plug it in and go in the house, it will charge when you told it to (this comes in to play later). Some, like the F-150, are already set up (if you have the right equipment installed) to power your house if there is a power outage. But it goes beyond this. GM and PG&E and others are working on vehicle-to-grid. In this model, if the grid is getting close to capacity or having other problems, those who have opted into the program will have the capability to let the grid draw from their plugged in cars. The meter will run backwards (thus paying for the energy the grid pulls from the car battery) and the grid gets the extra safety net of additional power storage to draw upon. The grid can be set to draw no more than 50% or whatever you prefer from the car. And of course, if you do not want to contribute you don't have to sign up (it's not automatic).

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
Another point driving EV adoption is the grid factor. You can program most EVs to charge at a given time (like late night when rates are lower) so you plug it in and go in the house, it will charge when you told it to (this comes in to play later). Some, like the F-150, are already set up (if you have the right equipment installed) to power your house if there is a power outage. But it goes beyond this. GM and PG&E and others are working on vehicle-to-grid. In this model, if the grid is getting close to capacity or having other problems, those who have opted into the program will have the capability to let the grid draw from their plugged in cars. The meter will run backwards (thus paying for the energy the grid pulls from the car battery) and the grid gets the extra safety net of additional power storage to draw upon. The grid can be set to draw no more than 50% or whatever you prefer from the car. And of course, if you do not want to contribute you don't have to sign up (it's not automatic)...yet.
finished it for ya

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
RIP DODGE.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Another point driving EV adoption is the grid factor. You can program most EVs to charge at a given time (like late night when rates are lower) so you plug it in and go in the house, it will charge when you told it to (this comes in to play later). Some, like the F-150, are already set up (if you have the right equipment installed) to power your house if there is a power outage. But it goes beyond this. GM and PG&E and others are working on vehicle-to-grid. In this model, if the grid is getting close to capacity or having other problems, those who have opted into the program will have the capability to let the grid draw from their plugged in cars. The meter will run backwards (thus paying for the energy the grid pulls from the car battery) and the grid gets the extra safety net of additional power storage to draw upon. The grid can be set to draw no more than 50% or whatever you prefer from the car. And of course, if you do not want to contribute you don't have to sign up (it's not automatic).
They did this crap with solar a while back but the utility companies finally got smart and changed the rate at which they bought back the power to a much lower rate, if at all, since they are the ones eating all the infrastructure costs.

Not sure it’ll be worth it to the consumer, maybe in some very localized areas.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
THIS^^^^ Living in the desert, the solar portion of the climate sham has been getting pushed by fly by night shysters' looking for the gullible to sign up for the terrible financial scenario for pretty much the 45 years I have lived here. So you pay $x for the kW-h of energy to charge your shiny new POS Tesla sitting in the garage, and then during the night when the grid is about to go down, "they" take back power from your batteries and pay you what???...it sure as hell is LESS than you just paid for it hours before. P.T. Barnum had it right.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
@DodgeCares

Are you catching this...

I'd say your acceptance rate is hovering right around 2% or less...
Its shifting to those that want EVs.
Dodge is going to look a lot different in 5 years.

I will say, they have to have another ICE performance car coming.
Did they just not accept those hybrid ZF transmissions?

DC I6TT with hybrid tech will make 700+ hp but can claim 80MPGe like the Pacifica.
Best kept secret since everyone is blinded by the EV Banshit

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Did they just not accept those hybrid ZF transmissions?

This is why we thought there might be a Hellcat hybrid coming...

: (

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
THIS^^^^ Living in the desert, the solar portion of the climate sham has been getting pushed by fly by night shysters' looking for the gullible to sign up for the terrible financial scenario for pretty much the 45 years I have lived here. So you pay $x for the kW-h of energy to charge your shiny new POS Tesla sitting in the garage, and then during the night when the grid is about to go down, "they" take back power from your batteries and pay you what???...it sure as hell is LESS than you just paid for it hours before. P.T. Barnum had it right.
Oh yes, we see that out here in WT all the time (we clean up after these guys often). But the people pulling the scams do not invalidate the technology itself. This area needs more regulation to control this type of fly by night pitch. And Texas does nothing to prevent the taking advantage of these folks (mostly its older people and the lower and middle classes here that get ripped off). And the folks doing it are not "green" except in the sense they're after your money. Pisses me off, and yet other than helping folks fix the damage to their homes I cannot really help them because they do not have the money to sue the rip off artists for fraud, and our state government will do nothing (the AG is too busy avoiding testifying in numerous lawsuits against him and literally trying to sneak away from process servers, I guess). It's just a giant shit show. Just like medicine had the snake oil sales men, solar has the "we'll cut your electric bill by 50 to 100%" installers / salesmen / rip off artists.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
My one bit of free legal advice to all: read the contract. All of it. Don't listen to words coming out of their mouths; read the documents. One of the vulnerabilities out here in WT is there is still the idea that you can do business on a handshake. And the scam artists aren't from out here, and even if they were they'll tell you whatever you need to hear to get your signature and then, FU.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
This is why we thought there might be a Hellcat hybrid coming...

: (
When that order came in, the hellcat ship had sailed internally. Hellcat just getting updates and package changes but after the Demon, all the new shit ended.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
When that order came in, the hellcat ship had sailed internally. Hellcat just getting updates and package changes but after the Demon, all the new shit ended.

Yeah, but I was hoping that something like that would be the answer instead of what we got...

That kind of hybrid is something that I would have been open to...

Maintain our current 707/797 and add a couple hundred ponies via the hybrid trans...

But it wasn't meant to be...

*******!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yeah, but I was hoping that something like that would be the answer instead of what we got...

That kind of hybrid is something that I would have been open to...

Maintain our current 707/797 and add a couple hundred ponies via the hybrid trans...

But it wasn't meant to be...

*******!
They woulda sold a ton of em...

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
A not too unlikely scenario is that there is water on the road (light flooding) and you hit debris in the road that compromises the battery pack.
I mean, we’ve never seen a Tesla blow up from getting the battery wet. We’ve watched dozens of them burn, but they aren’t blowing up.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
A not too unlikely scenario is that there is water on the road (light flooding) and you hit debris in the road that compromises the battery pack.
I mean, we’ve never seen a Tesla blow up from getting the battery wet. We’ve watched dozens of them burn, but they aren’t blowing up.
Yes watched them burn. 😳 😭

Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
I give credit to Tim for the idea of the Demon. That was his baby.

I give credit to Stellantis for forcing the EV. That was their baby.

Let's give credit where credit is due. Tim is not the reason the EV came to Dodge...