Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stellantis strike

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I'm excited because our annual rolling car show is the 16th and since we will probably be on strike it will be a good day to go to a car cruise. It's getting bigger each year and I think this is only 7th or 8th year and we get about 1500 cars cruising our main drag from one show to the other. We have large shopping centers at each end of town about four miles apart and both are full of cars. By the end of the day it looks like all four miles were repaved!!! Cops cruising along in the show just watching for really stupid people.

Just noticed this video is from in front of the east end shopping center and the 22 video is from in front of the west end shopping center and main car show area.

Me at last years cruise😎
IMG_4278.jpeg IMG_3061.jpeg

Last edited:

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
This is the part that's a complete fallacy - the top guys are NEVER going to take a pay cut, nor is the corp. going to 'eat' wage/benefit increases out of profits - they will simply raise the prices of the product to compensate. Again, just look at the prices of fast food as an example. The $$ to fund the silly $15/hr burger flipper crap didn't come out of profits, the cost got passed on to the consumer.

Another thing that happens and never really gets talked about is that salaried employees always get parity (or better) with the union workers, so labor costs go up across the board as the result of any new contract.
Yep, agreed, wishful thinking.
I was at McDonald’s the other night for the first time in a long time picking up something to eat on the way home Leaving work late picked up a big Mac a fish sandwich and two large fries no drinks was $23, CRAZY!!

ButterDaGreat?

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Unifor voted 99% to strike when their contract ends a few days after the UAW and from my understanding both unions are in contact to possibly strike together in solidarity
I know that part. Only problem I have is I think the Big 3 will go to Unifor and try to bribe them to bring more product to Canada, screwing the UAW. I hope it don't happen but they are 2 different unions and don't think they are 100% aligned on the same priorities.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I will beez at Quacker Snake and Gube Thusday night fer a drive in at 49 street St Pete. Itster want beez coolin down here till October. Thanx David..

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thay are different unionz in Canada, cheaper in Cadada Dry, and Molsun.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
FYI, just as a single data point, based on my time in the UAW, 1 in 100 "old" timers did any work, the rest went under the tooling and hid all shift long, only coming out for piss breaks. Most of the "new" people were average workers, and a few held their own, but the overall percentage of these were low. This was my first job immediately following "working" in the Marine Corps in the airwing, which is 12-16hr days, 6-7 days/week. So popping into the environment of the union, I honestly felt like I was on vacation... What! You mean I get to go home after ONLY 8hrs???

I quickly was made Team Leader and made people work, which of course meant I got a bad reputation as well, all of the shit and people not wanting to work took it's toll on me and I left after 2 years.

Are there some good people in the UAW? Absolutely. Are there a lot of bad people in the UAW? Like the sun rising in the morning... But the UAW is so strong you can not get rid of the "super-seniority" members. IMO, there was a time for unions, however we now have labor-laws and lawyers.... Food for thought.

Last edited:

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Starting in 2024 there will be nearly zero demand for Dodge vehicles, so better start looking for jobs at Ford or GM.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Dat is d isasturd dis. A next dor whore haz a Rousch stang and da cross da street has a 1,000 hp stang. Sea Lang.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
FYI, just as a single data point, based on my time in the UAW, 1 in 100 "old" timers did any work, the rest went under the tooling and hid all shift long, only coming out for piss breaks. Most of the "new" people were average workers, and a few held their own, but the overall percentage of these were low. This was my first job immediately following "working" in the Marine Corps in the airwing, which is 12-16hr days, 6-7 days/week. So popping into the environment of the union, I honestly felt like I was on vacation... What! You mean I get to go home after ONLY 8hrs???

I quickly was made Team Leader and made people work, which of course meant I got a bad reputation as well, all of the shit and people not wanting to work took it's toll on me and I left after 2 years.

Are there some good people in the UAW? Absolutely. Are there a lot of bad people in the UAW? Like the sun rising in the morning... But the UAW is so strong you can not get rid of the "super-seniority" members. IMO, there was a time for unions, however we now have labor-laws and lawyers.... Food for thought.
Being from the Windsor area I know many union people
It was a gravy train in the 80 s & 90 s at the big 3
Drinking in the parking lot at lunch
Doing your 8 hour job in 2 hours & sleeping in your car or worse out at a bar while your buddy punched your card
Hard work was a no no because you made others look bad
The longer you were employed the less you did
I could go on & on about the stories I heard
I passed on 15 an hour in the early 80 s for 5 an hour due to shift work
All my buddies are retired now
They all did very well
Things have tightened up over the years & things are not like they use to be

The big 3 UAW is shrinking & is not as powerful as it once was
Its going to shrink more with the EV market

Plus people are not as faithful as they once were to the big 3
People have no issue buying Asian cars today
Most Asian car companies are not unionized either

46 percent pay increase won t happen unless its over 8 to 10 years

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Today kids have shown they can change things and we have seen where I work. Technology has changed it the last 25 year with the internet so the generation going to work now doesn't know a life without internet and cell phone. The ones that do show up and want to work will be the ones to force out the unions. The older generation is about retired out now. We have lost a lot of them in the last 5 years where I am

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Pretty decent overview of the current UAW "asks" and costs
The wanted wage increase is basically about 3.6 billion increase to companies out of the 37 billion in profits...approximately! I do realize all the other items add costs to but I do not believe they are going to get concessions on most of that stuff, like the 32 hr work week? NEVER gonna happen!
IMG_4218.jpeg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Well Biden says a UAW strike isn't gonna happen so we can all relax.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Well Biden says a UAW strike isn't gonna happen so we can all relax.
Biden doesn't know what fuck planet he's on, he can suck a D170.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Yep, agreed, wishful thinking.
I was at McDonald’s the other night for the first time in a long time picking up something to eat on the way home Leaving work late picked up a big Mac a fish sandwich and two large fries no drinks was $23, CRAZY!!
The price of fries has doubled in the last couple of years!

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
The price of fries has doubled in the last couple of years!
Minimum wage will be $16.55 here in 3 weeks
As wages go thru the roof for small business they start shredding staff to offset cost
My buddy owns a restaurant
He is getting hit from every direction before during & after Covid
Booze, food, staff
All cost more
Even the shit no one thinks about
Like napkins condiments ( jam, butter, peanut butter, ketchup, mustard, cream, etc etc etc )
Groceries has gone thru the roof
He stopped putting lettuce on burgers the prices got so bad
Everyone is on the "there is a shortage" train & using that to drive prices up
His business has dropped 30 percent in 3 years
People can t afford to go out anymore
Not to mention
The only people willing to work are imports
He is now hiring people that barely speak English to keep the place afloat
Amazing what they do to come to work every day

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Well, if you want a union you have to expect to pay the dues (per the scale YOUR union sets) that ALWAYS come with it !!
So zero sympathy on having to pay extra dues on bonuses etc.

Having come from the Detroit area & working for both GM & Chrysler back in the day, I know how all this works.
What I see happening here is a repeat of when the unions bitched long & loud about how awful the paint workers had it (and it was a nasty job) and kept demanding more & more pay etc. Finally got to the point where the Big 3 just broke down & installed robotic paint booths & canned the ppl or relegated them to lesser paying (but far less nasty) line jobs. The ensuing tidal wave of bitching & whining was crazy. Personally had to laugh, workers & unions kicking a fit that the jobs they said were so horrible had been taken away by automation.

IMO contract demands like this are just setting the stage for a large wave of jobs being lost. They are already planning to retool many of these plants + the switch to EV's - it's the perfect storm and excuse they need to significantly pare down the ranks ! Careful what you ask for !!

If you need an example just walk into any newer McD's - take note on just how few ppl actually work there & how much is automated. They can thank the $15/hr min. wage crowd for that !!
YOU HIT IT ONM THE HEAD ,I DO THINK PEOPLE SHOULD BE PAID A DECNT DAYS WAGES BUT I ALSO THIUNK THEY DEMAND MORE MONEY BUT DONT WANT TO WORK HARDER FOR IT ,,
I HATE THE PART OF REPLACING HUMAN BEINGS WITH ROBOTS IN ANY SITUATION BUT IN THIS CAE YOU ARE HITTING THE NAIL ON THE HEAD

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
YOU HIT IT ONM THE HEAD ,I DO THINK PEOPLE SHOULD BE PAID A DECNT DAYS WAGES BUT I ALSO THIUNK THEY DEMAND MORE MONEY BUT DONT WANT TO WORK HARDER FOR IT ,,
I HATE THE PART OF REPLACING HUMAN BEINGS WITH ROBOTS IN ANY SITUATION BUT IN THIS CAE YOU ARE HITTING THE NAIL ON THE HEAD

I get the shift-lock thing, I work in CAD often and it is part of my world as well, but for the love of God, it's ONLY one keystroke...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
20230905_113635.jpg

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
DAMN I WAS WONDERING HOW I COULD MAKE THAT CHANGE ,BUT IN ALL HONESTY I DO MY REPAIR ORDER TICKETS ON HERE AS WELL SO I LEAVE THAT CAPS LOCKED

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
@BULL CANT YOU AT LEAST AGREE AT OUR AGE IT MAKES IT EASIER TO READ :)