Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stellantis strike

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Only if you allow it to happen.
The (TRILLION dollar++) EV train has left the station. Unfortunately, you and I (or anyone else for that matter) can't stop it anytime soon. Reversing that level of (spent) investment will take at least a decade and that's only if sentiment does a 180 soon. Outside of conservative circles, sentiment hasn't changed enough for that kind of big-bux flip-flop.

Oh, and don't shoot the messenger! o_O

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The (TRILLION dollar++) EV train has left the station. Unfortunately, you and I (or anyone else for that matter) can't stop it anytime soon. Reversing that level of (spent) investment will take at least a decade and that's only if sentiment does a 180 soon. Outside of conservative circles, sentiment hasn't changed enough for that kind of big-bux flip-flop.

Hmmm...can we hold yer head underwater for an hr.:unsure::unsure::unsure:;)

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I think people who wanted EVs bought them. Some dipped their toes and weren't impressed. We're already seeing oems changing plans. They better not ask for another bailout when this flops, which I'm sure of.

Neighbor is in future vehicle development for big local car company (you can guess which one). He was all about EVs two years ago, now not so much, says they've determined there aren't enough minerals on the planet to make the batteries needed. They're looking at hydrogen now.

Last edited:

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE

Not so fast, Ford is preparing to build what is selling. They went with EV, but is not phasing out ICE. Example, they are keeping the Mustang and the engine of choice is the V8. Since the Challenger and Camaro are history, Ford may have hit gold! Hopefully, next year we elect president/congress that will roll back all the crazy green garbage and get this country back on track to prosperity.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I think people who wanted EVs bought them. Some dipped their toes and weren't impressed. We're already seeing oems changing plans. They better not ask for another bailout when this flops, which I'm sure of.

Neighbor is in future vehicle development for big local car company (you can guess which one). He was all about EVs two years ago, now not so much, says they've determined there aren't enough minerals on the planet to make the batteries needed. They're looking at hydrogen now.
Leave it to Government to stick their nose into private industry...and try and fix something that just aint broke...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

You're not paying attention. All of the automakers are pulling back on production of EV's and construction of new facilities all over the world.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The OEM's will produce what they are allowed to produce.
Money talks. It's already happening.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You're not paying attention. All of the automakers are pulling back on production of EV's and construction of new facilities all over the world.
Uhhh...don't argue with him...(just let me hold his head underwater)

Weather Man

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sauk Rapids
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody Redeye
The EPA rules will keep the heat on. Remember, the Green Insanity is perfectly happy if fewer cars are sold. They are already blaming access to cars for crime in D run cities. London is the poster child for how they will force people into EV's. People there are fighting it, but the city is fining the fuck out of everyone also.

The problem is the political pain for the D's will come after it is too late. The OEM's will have killed off the ICE that people want.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Now David...that's like tellin weather guy...to head off a storm...:rolleyes:;)
I buy a new one 10 years before I need it. I let them sit for awhile plastic still in them.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I buy a new one 10 years before I need it. I let them sit for awhile plastic still in them.
Well you rich guy's can do that...Us workin folk...we can only dream of such things...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Money talks. It's already happening.
I gotta a drawer full...I aint never heard it say a word...

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Well you rich guy's can do that...Us workin folk...we can only dream of such things...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Toward the end of 2016 I purchased
3 pair of Red Wing
Work boots at a discount.
I was concerned about inflation.
I still have 1 pair left new in the box.

Last edited:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Oh I'm paying attention, and I didn't suggest zero ICE cars would be built. While some manufacturers are questioning their moves, several other OEMS are still all-in on this transition (not to mention all-EV companies like Tesla and others).

People are kidding themselves if they think (a trillion dollar+) EV investment is simply going away tomorrow (or even after 1 election in one country). It isn't. Can it eventually be reversed if the majority wants it? Sure, but that will take time (several years) if it happens at all.

For the record, I agree that the EV push was WAY premature. But again, it's too late to put the toothpaste back in the tube (regardless of how much we want to wish it back in). I am glad to see Ford at least pumping the EV brakes. Unfortunately, we are already going 100mph and any "turn around" will take a considerable amount of time and $$$.

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Toward the end of 2016 I purchased
3 pair of Red Wing
Work boots at a discount.
I was concerned about inflation.
I still have 1 pair left new in the box.
Good thing yer feet didn't get any bigger...:oops::oops::oops:;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Oh I'm paying attention, and I didn't suggest zero ICE cars would be built. While some manufacturers are questioning their moves, several other OEMS are still all-in on this transition (not to mention all-EV companies like Tesla and others).

People are kidding themselves if they think (a trillion dollar+) EV investment is simply going away tomorrow (or even after 1 election in one country). It isn't. Can it eventually be reversed if the majority wants it? Sure, but that will take time (several years) if it happens at all.

For the record, I agree that the EV push was WAY premature. But again, it's too late to put the toothpaste back in the tube (regardless of how much we want to wish it back in). I am glad to see Ford at least pumping the EV brakes. Unfortunately, we are already going 100mph and any "turn around" will take a considerable amount of time and $$$.
By spring...when EV's aren't selling. inventory's start backing up..and company stock values plumet..the industry 180 will make yer head spin..just watch...

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE

You are right to a degree, the toothpaste will not go back in the tube. There are some manufacturers, that didn't go whole hog, battery. Ford was one of the few that was going to build both battery and ICE, smart move. All auto companies will be bit by the battery fad, but some drank the kool-aid. I believe Ford will be the first to fully recover, others, will see the Ford tail lights. In the near future, the only performance sport car will be the Mustang, as Camaro and Challenger were killed. We keep our sport car a few years, Challenger is gone, in a year or two, the Mustang will be the only choice. I hope they produce a Hellcat type Mustang, "Hellstang," Ford could not produce enough. Most auto manufacturers stock will fall, but Ford stock, could be an investment.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
You are right to a degree, the toothpaste will not go back in the tube. There are some manufacturers, that didn't go whole hog, battery. Ford was one of the few that was going to build both battery and ICE, smart move. All auto companies will be bit by the battery fad, but some drank the kool-aid. I believe Ford will be the first to fully recover, others, will see the Ford tail lights. In the near future, the only performance sport car will be the Mustang, as Camaro and Challenger were killed. We keep our sport car a few years, Challenger is gone, in a year or two, the Mustang will be the only choice. I hope they produce a Hellcat type Mustang, "Hellstang," Ford could not produce enough. Most auto manufacturers stock will fall, but Ford stock, could be an investment.
I agree with your assessment. The only issue for Ford and the Mustang is in looks department. Ice or not, only option or not, that car in its current form can't hold a candle to the Challenger imo and needs to get better looking, stat.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
They only had two pair in my size at that time.

The other pair they sent me from another store.

I could have bought 3 different sizes

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Stellantis Canada is on strike ( Brampton Assembly )

Hopefully its a short strike