Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stellantis strike

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
DETROIT (AP) — Ford Motor Co. Executive Chairman Bill Ford called on autoworkers to come together to end a monthlong strike that he says could cost the company the ability to invest in the future.
In a rare speech during contract talks in the company's hometown of Dearborn, Michigan, Ford said high labor costs could limit spending to develop new vehicles and invest in factories. “It’s the absolute lifeblood of our company. And if we lose it, we will lose to the competition. America loses. Many jobs will be lost,” said the great grandson of company founder Henry Ford.
The Billions that the Government supplies for R & D isn t enough ?

Coming soon "Made in Mexico"

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The Billions that the Government supplies for R & D isn t enough ?

Coming soon "Made in Mexico"
I was going to post, why don't they try building everything in North America?

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I was going to post, why don't they try building everything in North America?
There was a time when the plants moved to Southern states for cheaper labor
I think those days are gone
In Mexico line workers are considered unskilled & get paid very low wages
Pay increases a fair amount for skilled people ( machinist, welder, electricians etc )

The amount of tooling that gets manufactured in China & sent back here is staggering

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
DETROIT (AP) — Ford Motor Co. Executive Chairman Bill Ford called on autoworkers to come together to end a monthlong strike that he says could cost the company the ability to invest in the future.
In a rare speech during contract talks in the company's hometown of Dearborn, Michigan, Ford said high labor costs could limit spending to develop new vehicles and invest in factories. “It’s the absolute lifeblood of our company. And if we lose it, we will lose to the competition. America loses. Many jobs will be lost,” said the great grandson of company founder Henry Ford.
This is typical of union workers ability of not seeing the demise of their own futures. I seems like they are only interested in the shortsightedness of the here and now results. They will inevitably vote themselves and the future generations out of a job. There is a breaking point to all corporations that are getting squeezed by the Unions

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I FIND IT FUNNY THE UAW PRESIDENT MAKES ABOUT 180,000 A YEAR LOL ,HIS LOYAL WORKERS MAKE 28 AN HOUR ,AND ID BET GOOD MONEY HE DOESNT DO ANY MANUAL LABOR
True. But relative to the CEOs that's peanuts. I think Mary Barra makes TWENTY FOUR (24) MILLION a year. So there's that...

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
True. But relative to the CEOs that's peanuts. I think Mary Barra makes TWENTY FOUR (24) MILLION a year. So there's that...
Which is a big issue

No one is worth 460K a week

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
yea but whats wrong with her making that kind of money ,,she apparently earned it somehow ,,just because the higher ups make more money doesnt mean the employees deserve the same

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Which is a big issue

all im getting at is he complaining about pay is kinda the pot calling the kettle black

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Which is a big issue

brother they dont have to be worth that much but if you were in their shoes would you be complaining :LOL: hell i wouldnt

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
if aa person thinks because others make more money then them that they deserve more is just flat out wrong

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
all im getting at is he complaining about pay is kinda the pot calling the kettle black
Understand
I believe a fair days work deserves a fair day pay
200K is nothing crazy today

24 mill is absurd

Or if you think like Fidel Castro Jr
Work hard & make lots of money so he can take it from you & give it to someone that don t the POS

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Every
if aa person thinks because others make more money then them that they deserve more is just flat out wrong
Everyone makes more then me :(

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Understand
I believe a fair days work deserves a fair day pay
200K is nothing crazy today

24 mill is absurd

Or if you think like Fidel Castro Jr
Work hard & make lots of money so he can take it from you & give it to someone that don t the POS

i will refrase that just a little a hard days work deserves a fair pay day ,,

but to say you want a 40 percent increase in pay and also for a full weeks pay but only work 32 hours a week is a sign of a LAZY ASS person who wants shit given to them instead of earning it PERIOD !!

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
i will refrase that just a little a hard days work deserves a fair pay day ,,

but to say you want a 40 percent increase in pay and also for a full weeks pay but only work 32 hours a week is a sign of a LAZY ASS person who wants shit given to them instead of earning it PERIOD !!
Well that phucks me

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Me on days

1697477305827.png

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat

Weather Man

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sauk Rapids
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody Redeye
There was a time when the plants moved to Southern states for cheaper labor
I think those days are gone
In Mexico line workers are considered unskilled & get paid very low wages
Pay increases a fair amount for skilled people ( machinist, welder, electricians etc )

The amount of tooling that gets manufactured in China & sent back here is staggering
RE skill level of Mexicans, they are considered skilled from Mexico City and North. A LOT of Asian reshoring is going to happen there.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
yea but whats wrong with her making that kind of money ,,she apparently earned it somehow ,,just because the higher ups make more money doesnt mean the employees deserve the same
How did she earn it...whoa, never mind, lol

You were making a point that someone in a leadership role was making too much relative to the worker bee. Not sure how this doesn't apply to Barra relative to her employees especially when the pay $ ratio is ~3:1 for Fain and 400:1 for Barra.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
This is typical of union workers ability of not seeing the demise of their own futures. I seems like they are only interested in the shortsightedness of the here and now results. They will inevitably vote themselves and the future generations out of a job. There is a breaking point to all corporations that are getting squeezed by the Unions
The unions may get a really good contract, but few will be around in five or ten years, earning the big bucks, four days a week, as the jobs will be south of the border. Like I said before: "The unions may win the battle, but lose the war." I've been down that road, twice!!! I have always attempted to buy American/Canadian, but may not have that opportunity, in the near future.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yo Ramble1,
Whts da part of da great state of Florida youz be frum? Last 1 of da projects I worked on in Jack ass ville. Waz Jackass hole Mayo Hospital frum up north. They and dee contract managers insisted to hire all union contractors. Our cumpany waz a union contractor frum Orlando and waz dooin all da wurk frum da mechanical contractor. We had over 50 pursonells on da project. I evan had to hire non union per mit wurkers. You know how dat waz. Any way this local had dee wurst lazy ass wurkers