Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Speedys Horsepower Prediction On The Last Hellcat

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Ha I’m just messing around, somewhat mocking all the guesses…

I didn’t even watch the thing, I have almost no idea what we’re talking about kinda like when I attend flight training😁!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
So uhm where is Preston????? I would be pretty bummed if I was the Chief Donut Maker and was not called up to be with Tim.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Rumor has it the Chief Donut Hole was waxing Tim's Viper during the press conference ;-)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Way to important for donut hole to be on the mic on what is going on

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
It's never been worth less than I paid for it...(and never will be)..It's never gonna be for sale...I enjoy it as much as the first day I got it...maybe your cars depreciate..mine dont...;)
I get all these warm fuzzy satisfied feelings (no, not that kind) when you write that you enjoy driving the M6 even more.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Hellaphant engine, 7 special models.

“The final year of production will also be enhanced by six new ‘buzz’ models which will be detailed later. A seventh additional buzz model will be unveiled at SEMA, and Kuniskis says it’ll ‘go down in history’.
“Customers can’t order these buzz models” Kuniskis says. “They’re shipped to select dealers as a bonus above regular allocation. We’re building these ourselves, and sending them to dealers”.
I've had time to noodle over this. If you wanted a Dodge race car, you got some good news I think. I don't see many Dodge race cars and I go to the track a reasonable amount in various parts of the country. I don't hear people talking about Dodge race cars either. Maybe they're at larger events than I attend. I do see quite a few street car Hellcats racing though. Anyone else seeing Dodge race cars? If so where and how often? Tim made it sound like people were really contacting them for this.

I think 1029 is the HP number for whatever that 7th unobtanium car will be. Those will all go to dealership owners and I doubt we'll ever see one in the wild. I hope I'm wrong on that. For the rest of these special models, I think you're gonna need very deep pockets to get one especially the supercharged models. For as long as I've been involved with the Dodge brand, they've tripped over themselves in every instance where things could have been amazing. I think the Demon rollout is the one exception. That may be why they're doing these super limited straight to dealership cars because that's what they think they can successfully manage.

I wonder how many standard Hellcats will get made? Seems 2022 had a lot of delivery issues and I wonder how that might continue in 2023.

I'll say it again, so thankful I have mine and won't have to fool with what looks to be a very tumultuous 2023. In the right circumstances I would have had some interest since mine's a 2016 (even though there's almost zero difference in the cars) but I can't be bothered with any ADM auction type buying experience.

Finally, I don't blame Tim. I've seen a lot of online chatter about people being upset with him directly. He's just doing his job. Not sure if you guys caught it, but I heard the disdain in his voice when he talked about bringing back the HC Durango and made the comment about the EPA "blah blah blah".

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
How I took that whole deal is that they are just going to pump them out from the factory and you have to hunt down the spec and model you want. Oh, nothing going to go wrong there. The best I got out of that whole scoop drop beside blue balls was the carbon fiber Charger Cuda and Road runner.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Speedy, I agree with you 100%. I have been one that is angry at/with Tim, but I know he can't do much about world realities going on, but it just sucks being so gung ho about this greatest musclecar era, and how Dodge has just kicked everyone else's ass with the most awesome muscle cars/SUVs of all time, and just wish it wouldn't end. :-(

And about Dodge race cars, I have noticed the same - there are not many "grassroots" modern Challengers that I see racing in competition - a few here and there, but the majority only high end big $ stuff like the Factory Stock Showdown Drag Pak cars, a few others running in the "regular" Stock and Super Stock classes. I agree that if someone was wanting to build a lighter Challenger for a race car, they should be all over this body in white offer while it lasts. Unfortunately, my time for that has passed, so I will just enjoy the streetable stuff indefinitely and be happy with that.

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Speedy, I agree with you 100%. I have been one that is angry at/with Tim, but I know he can't do much about world realities going on, but it just sucks being so gung ho about this greatest musclecar era, and how Dodge has just kicked everyone else's ass with the most awesome muscle cars/SUVs of all time, and just wish it wouldn't end. :-(

And about Dodge race cars, I have noticed the same - there are not many "grassroots" modern Challengers that I see racing in competition - a few here and there, but the majority only high end big $ stuff like the Factory Stock Showdown Drag Pak cars, a few others running in the "regular" Stock and Super Stock classes. I agree that if someone was wanting to build a lighter Challenger for a race car, they should be all over this body in white offer while it lasts. Unfortunately, my time for that has passed, so I will just enjoy the streetable stuff indefinitely and be happy with that.
Both of those drag cars are a deal when you get down to it.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
How I took that whole deal is that they are just going to pump them out from the factory and you have to hunt down the spec and model you want. Oh, nothing going to go wrong there. The best I got out of that whole scoop drop beside blue balls was the carbon fiber Charger Cuda and Road runner.
I think they told dealers "hey you get to order this many cars and thats it."
No more trying to squeeze in 100 orders with friends and family names to get them on the lot.

As for the final car, come on Dodge, do it like the Ford GT. Give the allocations to the people and let them pick the dealership.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I've had time to noodle over this. If you wanted a Dodge race car, you got some good news I think. I don't see many Dodge race cars and I go to the track a reasonable amount in various parts of the country. I don't hear people talking about Dodge race cars either. Maybe they're at larger events than I attend. I do see quite a few street car Hellcats racing though. Anyone else seeing Dodge race cars? If so where and how often? Tim made it sound like people were really contacting them for this.
Chevys dominate the drag strip. Not speaking in terms of performance but car count.

And if you are going to do something like bracket race, it makes sense to build one. If you need a part, someone in the pits will have it.

Racing a gen 3 Hemi? If it breaks, off to the parts store. And if they don't have it, home you go.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
They should make the owners of this unobtanium 7th model sign a contract stating they'll take it to two track events in the first 12 months of ownership. Not sure how all that would get enforced, but would be nice if they could.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Did Tim K say how many of the last car would be made?
They did 3,000 Demons and I think that was a good number. Could have probably sold more if dealers sold them at MSRP and everyone got a fair chance at it.

I wonder if they make the final car a 1 or 2 seat deal and see how many takers

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
He didn't say a number, but there was a truck outside with cars that had covers on them. The covers listed the engine and a number underneath indicating the quantity that would get build and the build month.

There were two covers I saw with "6.2L HO" as the engine and quantity was 300.

I bet whatever this 7th car is will be less than that.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
1660680115555.png

1660680130581.png

1660680087562.png
1660680160053.png
1660680176130.png

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Did Tim K say how many of the last car would be made?
They did 3,000 Demons and I think that was a good number. Could have probably sold more if dealers sold them at MSRP and everyone got a fair chance at it.

I wonder if they make the final car a 1 or 2 seat deal and see how many takers
This last model will be anything but fair, probably going to be the most desirable collectible Mopar since the 71 Hemi Cuda, Make no mistake for big collectors the fix is probably already in.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Ok. I have to say this about that….. there’s nothing hard about building a Hellcat with a flex fuel setup that will make 1029+ hp at the flywheel. That’s nothing but your everyday 900whp e85 build which basically consists of a 6.2 with pulleys and upgraded fuel system. Put a 3.0 supercharger on a Redeye with e85 and you would have to actually try not to make that. If SRT is going to do that, call it something special, and then limit the production to some number that jacks the price and makes it a collector item that an enthusiast customer who would actually use it cant afford…… then it’s just another BS hype exercise. Leave that crap to the BJ auction clowns and support your local shops that make regular Hellcats perform beyond what Demons and whatever this one is going to be called.