Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Southeast Street & Yeet 2024

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I'm ticket 7 on the waitlist. If they're numbered sequentially I have a very good shot at getting in.

That said. How have some of you hauled your car and your D&D trailer to events? Northern PA will long be salted by then...so I'd probably have to trailer the majority of the way anyway.

If we can't get the car AND trailer (4x8) loaded...I might be looking for a huge favor from someone if you are in that vicinity and have a similar 4x6 or 4x8 trailer available to use the 2nd weekend of November. Compensation will be offered in the form of beer and stickers since the dollar will probably be useless by then.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Most trailer in. Leave the tow rig at the track.

To bad you didn't let me know, I have a tech card credit from where I canceled and early registration.

OP
F

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Most trailer in. Leave the tow rig at the track.

To bad you didn't let me know, I have a tech card credit from where I canceled and early registration.
It was definitely one of those "f@$k it. Prolly won't get in anyways"...."wait...I'm #7 on the waitlist? F#@k" moments.

I just have no idea how to handle getting my D&D trailer there. Car on trailer is the easy part. May just have to downsize OR go the chinafreight folding route so we can pack it in the very front/back of the rig.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
How long is your trailer? Or maybe attach it to the back of the car trailer?

OP
F

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
4x8 plus tongue so 10-11ft is my guess?

Knowing PA State Police and their constant douchery they'd probably try to claim I need doubles & triples endorsement to hook a trailer to a trailer. Charger probably needs a what...16-18ft deck to fit? Be a long boi for sure.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I've seen people pulling a boat behind a camping trailer so I don't think that a little single axle would cause any problems?

OP
F

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7
Double/triple towing is apparently illegal In a bunch of states on the way down. Even in SC according to one site. So that's probably not gonna fly. PA might or might not. One says interstates only and another doesn't specify.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Starting point is in North Carolina so you don't have to worry about South Carolina.

OP
F

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
Starting point is in North Carolina so you don't have to worry about South Carolina.
Valid. But Maryland and either WV or Virginia I do have to worry about unless I wanna add several hours to the trip.

By my math it'd take around 28-30ft to get both inside an enclosed which would absolutely tax (if not exceed) the limits of a half ton in those hills. The hellcat is 4525 and the trailer would be an additional 650 empty. Plus the enclosed would be 3600-4000lbs plus gear.

Should just book my uhaul now. Heh. I do have family in Raleigh/Durham/Apex/etc general area and might be able to snag up something that would work. Could probably have them meet me there.