Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Side skirts....worth it?

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Well, here goes that noob/jackass Ronin necro-bumping posts again...

ANYWAY while I anxiously await delivery I'm doing a metric ton of research and @Paladin06 has what I like to call the sore dick setup for standard body Hellcats, you can't beat it!; ZL1 splash guards and side skirts along with Lil' Devil fender flares...so I hope he doesn't mind when I straight up copy his azz! I'm gonna do the ZL1 stuff from Jump Street, gonna have to pick up a paper route or something and start saving up for flares; they're pricey but from the looks/sounds of it, they're worth it and you get your money's worth. I'm not down on wide bodies but I do like the look of this setup and plan on running a staggered setup at some point and that combo seems to do the trick...
Go for it. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Well, some one said it was.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
She's a heart breaker for sure. image3.jpeg IMG_5353.JPG

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
I’ll add the rock guards and side skirts later. Since I have an appointment next week for ceramic coating. It’s too late to order those and have them delivered.
I did put Chemical Guys VRP on my rockers and its helping to prevent rock chips from getting worse. On the bottom in front of the rear tires. And I have a ‘22 WBHC.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Go for it. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Well, some one said it was.
Uhhh..that was said by a guy who used it as his defense in a counterfeit scheme..he got 20 years in a fed pen...:oops:

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
The ZL1 add ons driver side rear wide Body fender rock guard just would not fit. Even with the small clips. It’s super tight to fit that clip in there. I don’t think even a cunt hair would fit. Lol….

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The ZL1 add ons driver side rear wide Body fender rock guard just would not fit. Even with the small clips. It’s super tight to fit that clip in there. I don’t think even a cunt hair would fit. Lol….
Cunt hair....does anybody even wear those anymore..:unsure:

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Cunt hair....does anybody even wear those anymore..:unsure:
Haha. I love my ladies bald ;)
Anybody else have problems installing those rock guards. I’ve seen the videos. It’s easy.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Haha. I love my ladies bald ;)
Anybody else have problems installing those rock guards. I’ve seen the videos. It’s easy.
Not that I’ve ever tried this but did you try any swearing or throwing anything? I’ve heard that helps sometimes🤔

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Not that I’ve ever tried this but did you try any swearing or throwing anything? I’ve heard that helps sometimes🤔
Who hasn’t Lol…

I’m gonna get my Black HCWB ceramic coated and some PPF. I put it off until next week.

Can they put PPF on the black trim? On the bottom In front and behind the wheels.
‘I always forget what that black trim is called. Lol. :rolleyes: Goes all the way around the car from the front splitter.

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Jack the car off? 😂😂😂😂 very funny Tony..
I don't think you can lift the car by the pinch weld with the side skirts on. I lift the front by the frame rail with this puck and the rear by the factory lifting puck. View attachment 17915
Where did you buy that puck? How does it install? Are there two holes there stock?
And does anyone use the ZL1 side skirt brackets to jack up the car?

Can someone post a link for that jacking puck? It’s not on the Challengers section on the ZL1addons site

Last edited:

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
@22MoparMuscle I have the ZL1 side skirts/splitters and there's an integrated pinch weld protector built in...

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
@22MoparMuscle I have the ZL1 side skirts/splitters and there's an integrated pinch weld protector built in...
Are you talking about the front bracket used to install the side skirt? Next to the front tires.

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Last edited: