Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Say it ain't so, Ron !!

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
You can buy a car in Canada and bring it across the border. Lots of paperwork and an import fee. Can't remember specifics. There are companies that will do the leg work for you....at a cost.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
@ DRAGRCR First off thanks for the great R&D you have contributed to the SRT world. Many of us have learned a lot from your efforts. I wish you well with what ever car platform pans out, be it a 1320, or a RE. But naturally I would like the RE to work out to learn from, hope that doesn’t come off selfish. Either car choice we all ultimately win watching your threads, mods,
& time slips evolve. Good luck hope it works out soon for you.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Let me say that I do not care who you are, if you decided this has to be done to a brand new car before delivery to a new owner you are the dumbest a hole there ever was. ZERO chance I would buy this car.
. 0329201448_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Let me say that I do not care who you are, if you decided this has to be done to a brand new car before delivery to a new owner you are the dumbest a hole there ever was. ZERO chance I would buy this car and this is the ONLY one within View attachment 14863 1500 miles of me and the very FEW that were built and shipped before the factory closed.

They did it to our ordered DSRT, I would have walked away, but my wife was tolerant of it...

Now she asks me every now and then if I can fix it... (We took the bracket off leaving just the holes)

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
OK, now that we got that out of the way, I went to look at a few Cars today. I have had plan A (ordered a frostbite redeye just the way I want it for me), Plan B , Plan C, Plan D, and so on. Everything from buying a Base Scat pack Auto (the car pictured) and adding the Rear Seat Delete Group, SRT Performance Spoiler myself, to flying to Florida to pick up a white base Redeye with 3.09s factory installed then adding the rear seat delete and SRT Spoiler and anything in between. But, after seeing the Frostbite in person I think I really need to wait and get this color. Pics are in the shade and it only gets better in bright sun........
. 0329201444_HDR.jpg 0329201448a.jpg 0329201454_HDR.jpg

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Base redeye is the way to go. I always want more and this redeye is a drag strip beast over and over. Back to back to back to back runs you get the point. Low 60’s for a redeye is a killer deal.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Base redeye is the way to go. I always want more and this redeye is a drag strip beast over and over. Back to back to back to back runs you get the point. Low 60’s for a redeye is a killer deal.
That's the price point that made me jump on mine.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I still say try to figure a way to get that one seat destroyer grey Canadian car. $38000 US even if it cost $5000 for a importer to do the work to make it legal it would still be worth it. I really like that car.:D but can't go wrong with a redeye either.:cool:

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I still say try to figure a way to get that one seat destroyer grey Canadian car. $38000 US even if it cost $5000 for a importer to do the work to make it legal it would still be worth it. I really like that car.:D but can't go wrong with a redeye either.:cool:
Importing that car into the US is not the issue. Registering it in California is the issue. As far as I could tell if the car is less than 2 years old there are no exceptions. It cannot be registered. If older than 2 years you can register if it is modified to be Californial Emissions compliant and I have to prove it to them. Like how? Trust me I was and still am jonsing over that car. But just as much I would just order a 2020 1320 Drag Pack in Frostbite. That is what I was supposed to do. But it just happens on the day I called to order the car the FCA computer system was being updated and the info for the Drag Pack was not in there, so I ordered my RedEye instead. I did not know at the time, all I had to do was wait until the next day. So, I may still order a single seat 1320 and just see what gets here first..........

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
OK, I got some good news today. Especially good news since after seeing that Frostbite Scat in person yesterday I REALLY wanted to wait for the RedEye I ordered, if it was not going to be a many month delay. So apparently my car is still moving forward throughout this process despite the Plant closure. Exactly what Jim Wilder had predicted in his last email to me.

So the status is now KZP and the Window sticker is now available on line. So grateful because I really want to get THIS car.

. JPG WINDOW STICKER 2C3CDZL99LH159135.jpg

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Great news!

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
OK, I got some good news today. Especially good news since after seeing that Frostbite Scat in person yesterday I REALLY wanted to wait for the RedEye I ordered, if it was not going to be a many month delay. So apparently my car is still moving forward throughout this process despite the Plant closure. Exactly what Jim Wilder had predicted in his last email to me.

So the status is now KZP and the Window sticker is now available on line. So grateful because I really want to get THIS car.

. View attachment 14902
Holy mackerel that SRT spoiler is expensive! Last year it was 695 and I thought that was a lot. My car was a 2019 almost leftover (got it at end of Dec. 2019) and came with the standard spoiler so that was not even an issue, but I was pricing cars so I noticed.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Holy mackerel that SRT spoiler is expensive! Last year it was 695 and I thought that was a lot. My car was a 2019 almost leftover (got it at end of Dec. 2019) and came with the standard spoiler so that was not even an issue, but I was pricing cars so I noticed.
100% sure I would NOT order it again. They cost $400 from the parts dept and can be switched out in a couple hours max. In fact I thought it was still $695. I did not notice until later since I ordered my car over the phone. We did not go over individual options cost.

But, hey at least I got a good deal on the rear seat delete group option................

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
100% sure I would NOT order it again. They cost $400 from the parts dept and can be switched out in a couple hours max. In fact I thought it was still $695. I did not notice until later since I ordered my car over the phone. We did not go over individual options cost.

But, hey at least I got a good deal on the rear seat delete group option................
I know, I'm actually contemplating swapping mine out for the OTC one. This whole corona things a little dicey, so I'm kinda' waiting on changing/adding a few things and spending money.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I got the LW seat all figured out and the info is here: https://www.hellcatforum.org/forums/interior-upgrades-modifications.147/post-thread
I had to send the seat bracket back but all is well now and ready to install.

I also just found out that the Hoosier Bracket Drag Radials are in and were shipped out. The 4 Mickey Thompson tires I need are on backorder at the Rancho Cucamona warehouse. I have to try and stick with them because I have a connection there with a real discount. Summit and Jegs still have them as a backup plan. I will move on them when the car is about a week or two out if needed.

Speaking of a backup plan. The Indigo Blue RedEye that is in transit has my name on it. It's the SAME dealer and salesman I bought my Demon from. So cool............I am lucky I will be able to get that car if my ordered car does not advance. The Indigo car is a base 2020 RedEye with 3.09's and Nav. Thats it. So it is an excellent backup. Good color and not loaded up with heavy options that cost more etc.......Based on the VIN, but not necessarily, it was built about a month before the Frostbite car I ordered. But, it is still in Windsor at the Body Vendor. If the Body Vendor is not open then I am screwed. I hope they are......

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Somebody has a lot of free time on their hands...........
. 0329201548a.jpg

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I got the LW seat all figured out and the info is here: https://www.hellcatforum.org/forums/interior-upgrades-modifications.147/post-thread
I had to send the seat bracket back but all is well now and ready to install.

I also just found out that the Hoosier Bracket Drag Radials are in and were shipped out. The 4 Mickey Thompson tires I need are on backorder at the Rancho Cucamona warehouse. I have to try and stick with them because I have a connection there with a real discount. Summit and Jegs still have them as a backup plan. I will move on them when the car is about a week or two out if needed.

Speaking of a backup plan. The Indigo Blue RedEye that is in transit has my name on it. It's the SAME dealer and salesman I bought my Demon from. So cool............I am lucky I will be able to get that car if my ordered car does not advance. The Indigo car is a base 2020 RedEye with 3.09's and Nav. Thats it. So it is an excellent backup. Good color and not loaded up with heavy options that cost more etc.......Based on the VIN, but not necessarily, it was built about a month before the Frostbite car I ordered. But, it is still in Windsor at the Body Vendor. If the Body Vendor is not open then I am screwed. I hope they are......
I greatly prefer Indigo to Frostbite, but its your car so my opinion is irrelevant. I really like that Indigo color though.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
I might have missed it, but is there a time constraint on getting a replacement car?

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I might have missed it, but is there a time constraint on getting a replacement car?
Not really. Other than I think it would be nice to have it ready to race when the tracks open back up and possibly be able to enjoy the car and kill some time putting the break in miles on it. In the mean time I will be fooling around having tires mounted etc.