Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

PPF Help

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
No point in squabbling about how crappy a job those hacks did. If they did that poor of a job. I'm with you and wouldn't want to bring it back to them. There are plenty of reputable installers out there. It's just too bad you found one that that does shitty work. PPF and detail shops are like hiring an employee, you need to interview them before you hire them. Sometimes you get what you pay for :mad:

Hell, I just had Hershey's PPF on the front fascia replaced because I messed up. I was willing to wait for the main installer / owner to return from vacation so he could replace the stripe and PPF. After it was all said and done it cost me $850 , that included the detail guy to paint correct and remove any old adhesive. Plus there were some rock hits to the PPF that I wanted fixed.:eek:

OP
22MoparMuscle

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #42
That lifted from some installation issues. You won't get that to restick if it's been on there a while. Best bet is to get a super sharp utility knife or knife with snap able blades to trim that. Light pressure to score the film the snap it off. That section is plastic, even if you do cut the paint, it's not going to rust.
Thanks. And You’re 100% correct.

OP
22MoparMuscle

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #43
No point in squabbling about how crappy a job those hacks did. If they did that poor of a job. I'm with you and wouldn't want to bring it back to them. There are plenty of reputable installers out there. It's just too bad you found one that that does shitty work. PPF and detail shops are like hiring an employee, you need to interview them before you hire them. Sometimes you get what you pay for :mad:
‘I’m almost ashamed how much I paid. But I had a lot done. Paint correction, ceramic coating ,PPF In key areas and tinted windows. And You’re right, no point in squabbling about it anymore. I’m good now.

Beer and cheers.

One last comment, Of course they let the soapy water , whatever they used for the windshield weatherstrip tint dry on my dashboard. Chemical Guys makes an all purpose cleaner I might try. What exactly material are our dashboards made out of?
And there’s a few streaks ON my tinted windows. My car looks awesome though. Has a mirror shine. I have a couple jealous, nosy neighbors too. But don’t we all

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
‘I’m almost ashamed how much I paid. But I had a lot done. Paint correction, ceramic coating ,PPF In key areas and tinted windows. And You’re right, no point in squabbling about it anymore. I’m good now.

Beer and cheers.

One last comment, Of course they let the soapy water , whatever they used for the windshield weatherstrip tint dry on my dashboard. Chemical Guys makes an all purpose cleaner I might try. What exactly material are our dashboards made out of?
And there’s a few streaks ON my tinted windows. My car looks awesome though. Has a mirror shine. I have a couple jealous, nosy neighbors too. But don’t we all
Not Jimmie N

OP
22MoparMuscle

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #45

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States

Beer and cheers.

Did Chicago auto pros do the install?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Not that it currently matters to your predicament, but sooner or later you may be busting up that front splitter something worse than just a scrape.

The splitter itself is dirt cheap, about $100 and change. You can't even fill a tank of gas for that price.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
Don't know if this will help, but when I used to do graphics, we used a heat gun to soften material and a plastic squeegee/bond applicator to push the lifted areas back in place....my.02

OP
22MoparMuscle

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #50
Did Chicago auto pros do the install?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
No. I thought about taking my car to one of their locations though.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
You could touch up the bottom of that splitter with a color appropriate sharpie. If you ever do any more damage to it down the road those parts are easy for the dealer to replace. I was at the dealer before when a guy was picking up the part to replace his from curb rash

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Splitter is cheap, but not necessarily easy to replace as you have to pop the bumper off to do it.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Splitter is cheap, but not necessarily easy to replace as you have to pop the bumper off to do it.
Oh wow I didn’t realize that. When I had my lower grille replaced from hitting a bird in the charger it cost 75 bux for the part and I took it to my mechanic he did have to take the front bumper clip off to sandwich it in. Didn’t know that doing the lip splitter on the challenger required that also.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
No. I thought about taking my car to one of their locations though.
If I were you...I would trade it in on a new one...regardless of who fixes it...it will never drive the same...and the only way to get peace of mind..get rid of it...;);)