Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

POLL - Do you want the EV (MY24+ Dodge Charger Daytona Banshee) offering from Dodge SRT???

Do you want the EV offering from Dodge SRT???

• (+) Yes, I want it as soon as I can order it.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • (n) - I'll wait and see.

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • (n) - Not as currently revealed (i.e. Style, fake trans/exhaust), but maybe with significant changes

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • (n) - I was interested (maybe) in the hybrid trans possibility on the existing platform of RE/HC

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • (-) NEVER! Long live I.C.E.!

Votes: 39 39.0%
  • (-) NEVER! EVs based on Climate Change are a lie!

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other... Yeah, you know the deal, say it below...

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • (-) No, Not for me

Votes: 37 37.0%
  • (+) I am interested but want to learn more

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • (+) I am interested as an option after my current car?

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Hey all you EV fans Im setting up my Coal Burner for ya😎
You better hang on to those parts. They're getting quite sought after now that the EPA is swooping in on deleted diesels.

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #64
Something occurred to me earlier today while I was watching Tim talk about various things in one of his interviews...

If "the sound" is an amplified result of air being pumped (for cooling???), then why during the reveal when the car was making that racket, was the car not changing speed as the pitch/volume of said racket changed from non-existent to presumably full tilt...

Does this transmission for the electric motor also have neutral??

Maybe not at the reveal, but immediately afterwards (within a calendar day), they should have explained the technology, even on a basic level. They would have saved SOME credibility...

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Public sentiment

Not scientific

If people believe more than one thing doesn't mean it's not true...
I guess you are right. I was being a prick, lol. even though i still think its tough to draw any conclusions...

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Ice Charger all day every day EV Charger PLUG it in all day every day if you actually “DRIVE IT”. And come on man uhm the new one compared to this uh huh…..why why why Stellantis🙃
View attachment 83833
Dude, you are bi-polar.

So wait...Now you HATE EVs ??

We cant keep up with your daily flipfloppin! lol

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #67
I guess you are right. I was being a prick, lol. even though i still think its tough to draw any conclusions...

I didn't take it that way, you are correct in some regards.

The conclusion that can be drawn (in my opinion anyways) is that the overwhelming majority are dead set against this car (at least as it is)

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
The manual trans will be connected to the exhaust speaker sound system, no clutch needed as the shifter is not connected to the drive train. Kinda like the sounds I added to my slot cars when I was 10. :ROFLMAO:
you mean like this???

afx grandstand.jpg

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
You better hang on to those parts. They're getting quite sought after now that the EPA is swooping in on deleted diesels.
My friends dealership wants the stock parts for deleted diesels that get traded in or they deduct the cost of the parts from the trade value.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Something occurred to me earlier today while I was watching Tim talk about various things in one of his interviews...

If "the sound" is an amplified result of air being pumped (for cooling???), then why during the reveal when the car was making that racket, was the car not changing speed as the pitch/volume of said racket changed from non-existent to presumably full tilt...

Does this transmission for the electric motor also have neutral??

Maybe not at the reveal, but immediately afterwards (within a calendar day), they should have explained the technology, even on a basic level. They would have saved SOME credibility...
Car for sure wasn't done on time
For all the money and man power they had to get it done, Tucker did a better job at their reveal and did it with how many people:unsure:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I never had all the fancy stuff for my A/FX tracks:(
Do I really need to say why Kenny????

cartman mic.gif

and I didn't have that either.

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #74
2 in 61 now...

So currently ~3% acceptance.

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
two speed transmission
I thought I heard
The video said only one other car, a race car, had a two speed transmission.

Loved the ice cream truck video Jroyk posted - that's exactly the mind-numbling repeating kind of EV sound I had in mind as never wanting to hear on any EV, much less a "muscle" car.

Given the instantaneous torque curve and lack of need for more than one forward gear, I wonder if the transmission will really have 4 or 5 forward gears? Maybe Dodge has in mind what will be an open joke to us dinosaurs, but which they think Gen Z video gamers they are trying to capture to the new EV Dodge brand will dig. The gear shifter, as they run through 4 or 5 "gears" pushing on the "go" pedal, makes corresponding engine rev/fake exhaust shifting sounds.

But it isn't actually hooked up to the drive train in any way.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
wait and see

Anguish

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Windsor
State
OH
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
2 in 61 now...

So currently ~3% acceptance.
To be fair, the poll is very, very weighted to produce that result.

You've designed it so there's exactly one choice to say anything positive about the car, and that choice is self-selecting for failure. "I want to order one as soon as I can?" What about "I am interested but want to learn more?" What about "I am interested as an option after my current car?" Even your "not as currently revealed" is negative in that a person who likes several things about the car but not all things has to express that they dislike it.

You've also - frankly - politicized the pool. Your most popular selection is effectively "climate-change is a lie". Sure, sure, it's technically worded that EVs are a lie, but you know perfectly well that if you include "climate-change" and "lie" in the same sentence, nobody's reading the other words. The main problem with this choice is that you're shifting the conversation from this car to science/fact vs anti-science/conspiracy politics. "I don't want any EV" isn't a useful data point.

I find some of the reactions here kind of comedic. I'm supposed to believe that if the body/shape of this car had a Hellcat engine in it, the forum wouldn't be lighting up in joy? I'm sorry, but that thing is close in shape to a bunch of drawings and designs that have been floating around for a decade, making people on the LX-chassis forums drool. Almost nobody's willing to say "those tail lights are awesome but I dislike X, Y, Z". Or "the sport-back design is intriguing... I like how much space that opens up."

As it stands, all this poll really tells us is how the forums denizens vote (blue/red). It doesn't tell us anything about the car in particular and what people honestly think about it. Everyone's playing the polar game. Hate, hate, hate, regardless of what interesting features it's got and regardless of the ways that it's different from (and subjectively, maybe better than) other EVs.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
To be fair, the poll is very, very weighted to produce that result.

You've designed it so there's exactly one choice to say anything positive about the car, and that choice is self-selecting for failure. "I want to order one as soon as I can?" What about "I am interested but want to learn more?" What about "I am interested as an option after my current car?" Even your "not as currently revealed" is negative in that a person who likes several things about the car but not all things has to express that they dislike it.

You've also - frankly - politicized the pool. Your most popular selection is effectively "climate-change is a lie". Sure, sure, it's technically worded that EVs are a lie, but you know perfectly well that if you include "climate-change" and "lie" in the same sentence, nobody's reading the other words. The main problem with this choice is that you're shifting the conversation from this car to science/fact vs anti-science/conspiracy politics. "I don't want any EV" isn't a useful data point.

I find some of the reactions here kind of comedic. I'm supposed to believe that if the body/shape of this car had a Hellcat engine in it, the forum wouldn't be lighting up in joy? I'm sorry, but that thing is close in shape to a bunch of drawings and designs that have been floating around for a decade, making people on the LX-chassis forums drool. Almost nobody's willing to say "those tail lights are awesome but I dislike X, Y, Z". Or "the sport-back design is intriguing... I like how much space that opens up."

As it stands, all this poll really tells us is how the forums denizens vote (blue/red). It doesn't tell us anything about the car in particular and what people honestly think about it. Everyone's playing the polar game. Hate, hate, hate, regardless of what interesting features it's got and regardless of the ways that it's different from (and subjectively, maybe better than) other EVs.
The field is open for you to make a more "neutral weighted" poll if you choose to. Might be interesting to see the answers received in that poll.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
IMG_20220912_200303_667.jpg

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I see an easier way , walk that will really save the world! While on the other side of the world there building coal plants faster that a Tesla Plad