Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Obnoxious exhausts....

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My whole life I have loved the sound of a finely tuned V8 with a loud exhaust...(still do today)..maybe I'm bias but the stock HC exhaust is just about perfect..(maybe the best Detroit ever produced in my estimation)...I've never heard one of those tuner cars with a modified exhaust that sounded good..and lately most of the new Mustangs with modified exhausts sound down right awful...as do some Camaros (but not quite as bad...)...modded HC/Demon/392 etc...still sound great although a tad too loud for me...now in contrast I don't care for the exhaust note on either of my vipers..but stock pipes on the HC's is pretty close to perfection.agree or disagree:unsure:

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My whole life I have loved the sound of a finely tuned V8 with a loud exhaust...(still do today)..maybe I'm bias but the stock HC exhaust is just about perfect..(maybe the best Detroit ever produced in my estimation)...I've never heard one of those tuner cars with a modified exhaust that sounded good..and lately most of the new Mustangs with modified exhausts sound down right awful...as do some Camaros (but not quite as bad...)...modded HC/Demon/392 etc...still sound great although a tad too loud for me...now in contrast I don't care for the exhaust note on either of my vipers..but stock pipes on the HC's is pretty close to perfection.agree or disagree:unsure:
Absolutely agree..
The exhaust that (to me) is like fingernails on a chalkboard, is the newer mustang.
Cannot stand hearing it.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
Absolutely agree. The low rumble of my Hellcat is like music to my ears. Muscrats sound like crap.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I am another that absolutely agrees.(y) I really like starting it then driving and listening. Many times we don’t play the radio at all.

In 3-4 weeks I will be preparing it for a HPDE day here in MN. I will be replacing the converters with my by-pass pipes. That makes it interesting. Sort of the same tone of course, but IMO to support the thread it becomes too loud! Great for up on the track, it is one if not the loudest shit even considering the obnoxious Mustangs and others, it rules! It supports itself because nearly nothing can match its straight line (mini roll race) capabilities popping out of the corners. I’ll have videos against many well known opponents.:p

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Agree! We have a few V6 Chargers and Challenger GTs around town that have been modded and they sound like crap! They almost crackle, super high pitched sound. It's sad and really annoying.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Agree, sounds great. Could be a bit louder. With going 2.75”, I never really saw a reason to swap exhaust. Will when I finally get long tubes though

Last edited:

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I m just impressed you were able to start a new thread

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The exhaust note was one of the features that initially attracted me to the Hellcat & keeps a smile on my face every time I drive it !!

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
The exhaust note was one of the features that initially attracted me to the Hellcat & keeps a smile on my face every time I drive it !!
AND the Supercharger whine

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Don’t worry guys we’ll have any exhaust note we want with the click of a button 😂

MMissile

500 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB
All the new cars, have what I consider near-perfect exhaust sound. My 300C has the active exhaust, and I think it's a bit loud for a "Chrysler".
These days, cars can be near dead-silent, and blindingly quick. That's a great combo. My `cuda ragtop [6.4/NAG1] has 4 straight-thru magnaflow mufflers in the factory locations.
It's very quiet, and slaps scat-pack cars around.

cuda 4-10-23 5.jpg
011.JPG
008.JPG

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #12
Goes
I m just impressed you were able to start a new thread
Goes to show ya...sometimes..I'm not as dumb as I sound :giggle::giggle::giggle:

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
Agree, sounds great. Could be a bit louder. With going 2.75”, I never really saw a reason to swap exhaust. Will when I finally get long tubes though
Funny thing...my 16 HC..is a bit louder than my 18 Demon..just enough to be noticeable

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Goes

Goes to show ya...sometimes..I'm not as dumb as I sound :giggle::giggle::giggle:
Challenge:
Now, let’s see ya post some pics. ;)

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #15
Challenge:
I said NOT AS DUMB...I didn't totally eliminate the dumb factor...;)

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
I wanted a Hellcat as soon as I heard about them, but it was a Youtube video of a HC being revved at idle that made having one a necessity.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
While waiting for a free oil change for my JGC, a salesgirl had me do a cold start on the showroom floor. I was sold.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #18
AND the Supercharger whine
That's why I put an LMI on my "16" M6 HC....The exhaust..the whine..the M6..more fun than I should be allowed to have...:p:p:p;)

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #19
W
Challenge:
What's next...suppose yer gonna want me to enter HFCOTM...never satisfied are ya :unsure::unsure::giggle::giggle:;)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Ha, had the machine out and around today. Started it with the windows down and the lady next to us told us she sure wished her car sounded like that! Great compliment, anytime. They do sound great!