Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Live action from FUMANCHU182.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #981
DBEEC27D-B1F3-425D-906C-D05E4281890F.jpeg B63D5D09-2580-4202-B980-EBEC9CBA3C5A.jpeg
went to mexico, fuel pump duty cycle never budged… injectors never went above 57%. When the car says it wants to skidaddle, Im along for the ride… fuel trims are scarily on point…

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Looking good.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #983
Sent the transmission to heaven. In a bad mental spot right now. Just can’t win.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
D&B auto in Memphis @hellno he can fix it better than new! But that sure sucks probably the infamous E drum

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Sent the transmission to heaven. In a bad mental spot right now. Just can’t win.
My biggest concern even with my low power. Now who fixes it for you?

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Bummer man. Come back stronger next year.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Knew it was coming though I think?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #988
D&B auto in Memphis @hellno he can fix it better than new! But that sure sucks probably the infamous E drum
My biggest concern even with my low power. Now who fixes it for you?
Bummer man. Come back stronger next year.
Knew it was coming though I think?
As I stare at it in the driveway I just want to f***ing run into a wall, I’m just at my end. you think you’re doing the right thing and then s**t like this happen but I guess if you ain’t breaking You ain’t racing. There is only one vendor out of the running due to what I saw as a second party to the conversation, trials and tribulations of somebody that thought he was getting a max effort HP 90 But didn’t even have the parts that claimed We’re in the transmission actually even in the Transmission. I have a few phone calls to make Monday morning but I might be able to get this done before the modern hemi shoot out

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
As I stare at it in the driveway I just want to f***ing run into a wall, I’m just at my end. you think you’re doing the right thing and then s**t like this happen but I guess if you ain’t breaking You ain’t racing. There is only one vendor out of the running due to what I saw as a second party to the conversation, trials and tribulations of somebody that thought he was getting a max effort HP 90 But didn’t even have the parts that claimed We’re in the transmission actually even in the Transmission. I have a few phone calls to make Monday morning but I might be able to get this done before the modern hemi shoot out
Are you coming to Michigan next week?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
@hellno suppose to have the top notch trans

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #991
Are you coming to Michigan next week?
Yeah as soon as you send the limo to pick me up.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Yeah as soon as you send the limo to pick me up.
Vortecds buying me a 2 place so that should work 😂

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #993
So I looked over the logs, it looks like HP tuners threw a hissy fit during recording. Hence why I have a nice horizontal line across the log that is not indicative of anything. I reverted the tune to the stock hellcat tune and drove for a while. No codes till a little bit into driving. the P215C came back on and this is labeled as the following in HP Tuners: Output Shaft Speed - Wheel Speed Correlation. Upon googling on the other site it seems the only thing that fixed it is putting a new trans in. This is really disappointing cause that means the trans is on borrowed time. So to dig into it further I learned that I get free Chilton access through my library so I fired that right up. Learned the following:The OSS (1) is located at the back of the TCMA and reads output shaft speed from the P4 carrier (2).
1660459376371.png

So two competing thoughts here, the sensor is toast, has dirty/grime on it or got cooked. The next one is the P4 carrier is somehow destroyed and the hall sensor cannot read it due to whatever is wrong with it. So here is the diagnostics testing procedure:
Theory of Operation
The Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) signal is transmitted to the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module via dedicated hard wire. The VSS signal is then transmitted over the Controller Area Network (CAN) bus to the Transmission Control Module (TCM).
The Output Speed Sensor signal is a direct input to the TCM.
The TCM monitors these signals to determine if the VSS signal CAN message is valid. If the VSS signal and the Output Speed Sensor signal do not match, this Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is set.
When Monitored and Set Conditions
When Monitored:

This diagnostic runs continuously when the following conditions are met:
  • Ignition on.
  • The shifter is in a forward gear.
  • No Antilock Brake System (ABS) or Output Speed Sensor Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) set.

Set Conditions:
  • The Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) signal received via Controller Area Network (CAN) and the Output Speed Sensor signal values do not match.

Default Actions:
  • Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) is illuminated on the second consecutive trip that the diagnostic fails.
  • The Transmission Control Module (TCM) will not request any positive torque interventions from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) via CAN.

Possible Causes
CAN C BUS CIRCUIT OPEN OR SHORTED
ANTI LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS) MODULE
TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE (TCM)

Always perform the DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURE before proceeding. (Refer to DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Transmission Control (TCM)/Standard Procedure)(Refer To List 1).
Diagnostic Test
CHECK FOR AN ACTIVE DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC)

With the scan tool, read Transmission Control Module (TCM) DTCs and record on the repair order.
Record the Event Data and Environmental Data.
With the scan tool, erase DTCs.
Using the recorded Event and Environmental Data, along with the When Monitored and Set Conditions above, operate the vehicle in the conditions that set the DTC.
With the scan tool, read TCM DTCs.
Did the DTC return?
Yes

• Go To >>> (Lost communication check.)
No
  • Go To >>> (Check wiring.)
Refer To List:
CHECK FOR ANTILOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS) DTCS

With the scan tool, read ABS DTCs.
Is DTC U0121-Lost Communication With ABS Module set?
Yes

No
Refer To List:
CHECK WIRING AND CONNECTORS

The conditions necessary to set the DTC are not present at this time.
Using the schematics as a guide, inspect the wiring and connectors specific to this circuit.
Wiggle the wires while checking for shorted and open circuits.
Check for any Service Bulletins that may apply.
Were any problems found?
Yes

No
  • Test complete.
U0121 is not set for me so that means I'm going to be inspecting the wiring tomorrow on all things, if that is not the fix then I'll spend the small money and get a TCM.

Attachments

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #994
Can someone help me make sense of the math behind the wheel speed vs oss speed?
1660522032782.png
I've attached the log, I did some online calculators and everything looks fine, unless my tire diameter is set to something wonky.

Attachments

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #995
Vendor 1 is now on the back burner, sent them an email, contacted them on their websites form and even messaged them through their facebook messenger. Guess my 10k in budget isn't good enough. Also if anyone has worked with p215c before please DM me. I'm trying to make sense of the math for the OSS vs the Wheel speed sensors.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Vendor 1 is now on the back burner, sent them an email, contacted them on their websites form and even messaged them through their facebook messenger. Guess my 10k in budget isn't good enough. Also if anyone has worked with p215c before please DM me. I'm trying to make sense of the math for the OSS vs the Wheel speed sensors.
Just say who you are contacting instead of vendor. Nice to know which companies are worth contacting and which are not.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
You contact Dave, You taking your transmission he’ll rebuild it right in front of you and you could take it home the same day possibly, I know his trans are in a few mid 8 second cars I know of and holding up well including his own car, his price is usually right as well.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I just saw a trans from Dave make back to back passes in the 8s

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #999
Which car? I have never doubted work from @hellno Just that I would need to reach out to people that have his transmissions and race with them. Also @vortecd I will not discuss who I am talking to at the moment. Everyone has to do their own research, it is highly subjective who to go with transmission wise. I may value company X where someone else may think they are trash. Trust me when I wire the money over and send out the trans, you’ll all know.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Recent runs of a friends cat on one of Dave’s A8’s with jonx tuning
A21008C4-1A32-48AD-8B0B-F27AA98C7D1C.jpeg F9B4E384-C6E8-41D9-AB10-EDDA81B53C1F.jpeg