Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Live action from FUMANCHU182.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
50 percent duty cycle on the 1650s 🤣 time to push more air. Where is that smaller pulley At?
maybe because fuel pressure is at 92?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #1,102
50 percent duty cycle on the 1650s 🤣 time to push more air. Where is that smaller pulley At?
in the box where it will remain

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Interesting the fuel pump DC is also pretty low. Plenty of overhead.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,104
Interesting the fuel pump DC is also pretty low. Plenty of overhead.
which is what i wanted, having been through
  • Bap
  • Bigger injectors
  • Duals
  • Bigger injectors again
  • Triples
  • Bigger injectors again
  • Momentary scare again

Im okay with all this overhead. 2.7 is on the shelf and maybe one day ill let @jonx96 convince me

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
When it says the pump duty cycle is so low, is that because that’s just the duty cycle of the other pump that’s trigger? I always thought with a return setup at least one pump was always ran at around 90%-100 duty cycle. Obviously no idea how a return setup works on these cars. With the 1300x2’s and twin pumps (returnless) I was at 65% injector duty cycle with 904whp on e85 with the 4.5 @6700rpm.
Edit: not true e85, this was a flex tune on winter blend, 5” wagon wheel pulley

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
When it says the pump duty cycle is so low, is that because that’s just the duty cycle of the other pump that’s trigger? I always thought with a return setup at least one pump was always ran at around 90%-100 duty cycle. Obviously no idea how a return setup works on these cars. With the 1300x2’s and twin pumps (returnless) I was at 65% injector duty cycle with 904whp on e85 with the 4.5 @6700rpm.
Do you know what the aircharge was? What about fuel pump dc?

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Do you know what the aircharge was? What about fuel pump dc?
I don’t recall, or the fuel pressure. This was about 4 years ago dead of winter when I still had that setup, not sure if I still have the logs anywhere. Also had whipples elliptical throttle body

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
@fumanchu182 what was the setup with the triple pump drop in and what were your DC for inj and fuel pump? I'm curious how that compares to what you have now.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,109
Pump duty cycle is low because three pumps are active. It doesn't take as much work for one pump to meet the demands of the fuel pressure so the duty cycle is lowered. However the number I'm learning may be nebulous.

Pump 1 is on 100%
Pump 2/3 are 100% after 5pis

The FPCM is still monitoring fuel pressure but it's not controlling the pump, the blue wire tapped for the primary pump trigger is a binary on/off switch > 6.5v.

I have my regulator set for 95psi, the tune is set to max out at 80psi, I should probably dial that back a little at the regulator to max at 85psi.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Pump duty cycle is low because three pumps are active. It doesn't take as much work for one pump to meet the demands of the fuel pressure so the duty cycle is lowered. However the number I'm learning may be nebulous.

Pump 1 is on 100%
Pump 2/3 are 100% after 5pis

The FPCM is still monitoring fuel pressure but it's not controlling the pump, the blue wire tapped for the primary pump trigger is a binary on/off switch > 6.5v.

I have my regulator set for 95psi, the tune is set to max out at 80psi, I should probably dial that back a little at the regulator to max at 85psi.
Ok got it, yeah that’s what I thought so really you’re running all of them at 100% like a typical return setup on any other car, which is really the whole point of the return setup to make sure you always have the fuel pressure you need via the pumps always being at 100% and the regulator, I just never knew if that was actually needed on these cars due to the FPCM and being able to theoretically run 10 of them ( up to 10 pumps) inline

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,111
Today the weather was great, 50 degrees and sunny. Decided to go to the no-prep event at Capitol and test the car. Big items I wanted to test were the following.
  • MPVI3 -> standalone data logging
  • Pure Drivetrain Transmission
  • IC Chiller
  • Fore Triple Pumps
MPIV3
The MPVI3 is a inferior product to the MPVI2 in my opinion but it does offer standalone data logging out of the box. I do not want a laptop to go flying and I removed the laptop mount as I'd rather have a seat for the MILFs. I unfortunately had to upgrade to 5.x to get a stable way of retrieving files off the device. The channels somewhat recorded, sometimes I'd get data missing and it was showing that the fuel system only had 66.6psi of pressure all the way through but that made no sense. Other times the map would only read 4.0 all the way through which also made no sense... Whenever upgrading VCM Suite, always re-poll for supported parameters and check your channels. I will sort this out tomorrow. Gets a pass..

PURE MOTHAFUCKING DRIVETRAIN TRANSMISSIONS
It was a tossup what would happen. Safe today that all the beating it took it endured and so it gets a pass. I will monitor it over the season but I don't feel worried at all. Good burnouts, first gear launches, second gear launches, etc. It was ready to throw down. All testing was done in SPORT mode on a STOCK TCM tune. For now gest a pass, a big pass and this is a big weight off my shoulders.

IC Chiller
The least problematic out of all of them, performed flawlessly. However I am tired of the BMR tank, will be up for sale soon. Calling IC Chiller on Monday and seeing what my options are for a bumper support tank. All in all IATs kept their cool and the coolant temp got pretty cold with the limited time from starting the car to making a pass.

Fore Triple Pumps
Since I was having trouble data logging fuel pressure thanks to the MPVI3 I am giving this a pass for now. If the car was going to grenade it would have done it during a fat pass coming around a procharged 6.4. Debating on moving them to a toggle switch or just letting it ride. HHP seems keen on the hobbs switch being perfectly fine so I'll let it ride. Once I get my data logging channels back up and running that will be the real arbiter.

All in all a great day. Nothing broke, drove home, IC Chiller did it's job, car was happy. Some small knock here and there but that's more cause of the no-prep and the way the car reacts on the surface. Once I get better data logging with the mpvi3 I'll know more. I have an idea of what I think I need to change and will continue to monitor the trans.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Today the weather was great, 50 degrees and sunny. Decided to go to the no-prep event at Capitol and test the car. Big items I wanted to test were the following.
  • MPVI3 -> standalone data logging
  • Pure Drivetrain Transmission
  • IC Chiller
  • Fore Triple Pumps
MPIV3
The MPVI3 is a inferior product to the MPVI2 in my opinion but it does offer standalone data logging out of the box. I do not want a laptop to go flying and I removed the laptop mount as I'd rather have a seat for the MILFs. I unfortunately had to upgrade to 5.x to get a stable way of retrieving files off the device. The channels somewhat recorded, sometimes I'd get data missing and it was showing that the fuel system only had 66.6psi of pressure all the way through but that made no sense. Other times the map would only read 4.0 all the way through which also made no sense... Whenever upgrading VCM Suite, always re-poll for supported parameters and check your channels. I will sort this out tomorrow. Gets a pass..

PURE MOTHAFUCKING DRIVETRAIN TRANSMISSIONS
It was a tossup what would happen. Safe today that all the beating it took it endured and so it gets a pass. I will monitor it over the season but I don't feel worried at all. Good burnouts, first gear launches, second gear launches, etc. It was ready to throw down. All testing was done in SPORT mode on a STOCK TCM tune. For now gest a pass, a big pass and this is a big weight off my shoulders.

IC Chiller
The least problematic out of all of them, performed flawlessly. However I am tired of the BMR tank, will be up for sale soon. Calling IC Chiller on Monday and seeing what my options are for a bumper support tank. All in all IATs kept their cool and the coolant temp got pretty cold with the limited time from starting the car to making a pass.

Fore Triple Pumps
Since I was having trouble data logging fuel pressure thanks to the MPVI3 I am giving this a pass for now. If the car was going to grenade it would have done it during a fat pass coming around a procharged 6.4. Debating on moving them to a toggle switch or just letting it ride. HHP seems keen on the hobbs switch being perfectly fine so I'll let it ride. Once I get my data logging channels back up and running that will be the real arbiter.

All in all a great day. Nothing broke, drove home, IC Chiller did it's job, car was happy. Some small knock here and there but that's more cause of the no-prep and the way the car reacts on the surface. Once I get better data logging with the mpvi3 I'll know more. I have an idea of what I think I need to change and will continue to monitor the trans.

Why tired of the bmr tank? In the way?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,113
Dont care about it being in the way. Want just a simple engine bay. Not cause it doesnt stay cool. Coolant gets to 25* no problem. Its aesthetics for me.
Why tired of the bmr tank? In the way?
5C2509A0-F83D-4979-AC93-3E6E7B2390D2.jpeg
got the software to program it too

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Dont care about it being in the way. Want just a simple engine bay. Not cause it doesnt stay cool. Coolant gets to 25* no problem. Its aesthetics for me.

View attachment 97428
got the software to program it too
So on this is track mode for suspension what you want for drag racing? I’ve never been sure never really looked into it

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,115
So on this is track mode for suspension what you want for drag racing? I’ve never been sure never really looked into it
So long story short this is a private labelled DSC controller. Diablo Sport worked with DSC to dial in calibration files for drag racing. If you get the DSC controller it will be more geared towards twisty roads. It is programmable with Diablo’s software, not DSCs.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
So long story short this is a private labelled DSC controller. Diablo Sport worked with DSC to dial in calibration files for drag racing. If you get the DSC controller it will be more geared towards twisty roads. It is programmable with Diablo’s software, not DSCs.
I knew they were one and the same. Just branded different. Good to know about the why Diablo put the brand on it. so essentially drag became track. For my car 2019 chiller only works in track maybe I should have tried this before the ice tank. O well to late now

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,117
I knew they were one and the same. Just branded different. Good to know about the why Diablo put the brand on it. so essentially drag became track. For my car 2019 chiller only works in track maybe I should have tried this before the ice tank. O well to late now
For your purposes I would not know. Us poors with early hellcats don't have fancy buttons to press. I have to do burnouts the old way with the brake.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,118
I love it when a plan comes together. These just arrived.

1C74ED6B-8FBC-4A70-8322-B96AB8E5FB7A.jpeg E25716DB-567F-48F3-AA79-A867AC7E4434.jpeg C8F4D822-261C-47F6-A09E-1593DCE8E4B1.jpeg 61B43E77-8298-46F3-A296-F2A3AA44267C.jpeg 28AA20D0-465C-4282-BBCD-5952230A7998.jpeg
purchased separately from Vibrant
12 orb to -8 an for the vents. The current JLT cans use 1/2” line. So I picked up a few -8 an fittings and hose. Helps a vibrant warehouse is two miles away and the guys like your hellcat.

8F24B987-5E42-411F-9D61-B789313F34D0.jpeg
F15DC566-18D5-45DB-82D3-6C3F677C71D6.jpeg

i need some motivation to get this done :)

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
How do they help with plug changes?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #1,120
How do they help with plug changes?
all the space… No goofy ass un-needed baffles.