Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Its Time To Protect Our Hobby

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I miss pizza but the rest of Ny and Nj can get glassed.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The
David, there is so much bullshit in this state, that this is just another in a long list of complaints I have. They just keep screwing the "good guys" and throwing all of the rights and benefits to the illegals, their families and convicts. Politicians cater to the urban centers as that's where their bread is buttered, never-mind the working folk who's tax dollars float this mismanaged fuckfest. I'll be out of this welfare pos state within the next 5 yrs.
The State is a real mess...I don't know how it gets better...I'm not big on loosing our rights and freedoms...It's a huge concern of mine...(I really wish I had an answer)...but sometimes we are our worst enemy...like today for instance..this morning was our first coffee n cars in West Seneca NY..its held in a small plaza parking lot..it was filled by 9am..(maybe a little over 400 cars)...it was scheduled to run from 9am../ 11am...a lotta nice cars..a really good mix..by 10:30 cars started to filter out..as usual crowd gathered at the exit..cell phones in the air..the shit show started..never saw so many car guys not usin their heads..burnouts..along with no consideration for the residents across the street..(it's kind of a residential area)..and these just weren't kids...now I know it's been a long long winter..and today was the first gorgeous 80 degree day in over 7 months.....now I love cars...I mean love cars...but would I wanna listen to an hour and a half of these Idiots leaving like this on a Sunday morning...the cops never came...but I'm willing to bet tf it happens again...the police will shut it down...and I wouldn't blame them...

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Yup. Same thing happens here on LI. Assholes leave garbage all over the parking lots so the property owners get the PD to keep us from gathering. Can’t blame them as it leads to an expense for them to clean it up and potentially chases away customers.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #24
The

The State is a real mess...I don't know how it gets better...I'm not big on loosing our rights and freedoms...It's a huge concern of mine...(I really wish I had an answer)...but sometimes we are our worst enemy...like today for instance..this morning was our first coffee n cars in West Seneca NY..its held in a small plaza parking lot..it was filled by 9am..(maybe a little over 400 cars)...it was scheduled to run from 9am../ 11am...a lotta nice cars..a really good mix..by 10:30 cars started to filter out..as usual crowd gathered at the exit..cell phones in the air..the shit show started..never saw so many car guys not usin their heads..burnouts..along with no consideration for the residents across the street..(it's kind of a residential area)..and these just weren't kids...now I know it's been a long long winter..and today was the first gorgeous 80 degree day in over 7 months.....now I love cars...I mean love cars...but would I wanna listen to an hour and a half of these Idiots leaving like this on a Sunday morning...the cops never came...but I'm willing to bet tf it happens again...the police will shut it down...and I wouldn't blame them...
I don't like any of this myself but it doesn't have anything to do with modding your car.
Just because people act like fools, it shouldn't have a damn thing to do with freedoms.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I don't like any of this myself but it doesn't have anything to do with modding your car.
Just because people act like fools, it shouldn't have a damn thing to do with freedoms.
I agree....wholeheartedly..but the root cause in this instance...is noise..be it bikes trucks..cars..had enthusiasts used discretion..and a healthy dose of consideration...I doubt this law makes it on the books...

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #26

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
the actions are problematic...the resulting legislation is ludicrous ..its evident..we cant cure or control stupid behind the wheel...or in the legislature ..so Dave...what's the answer???

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #29
the actions are problematic...the resulting legislation is ludicrous ..its evident..we cant cure or control stupid behind the wheel...or in the legislature ..so Dave...what's the answer???
I believe that these types of actions are a direct result of people watching movies and playing video games of this type.

It's all a form of mind programming to create anarchy and the result is providing a solution that takes away freedom.

Create problems and provide solutions. One of the oldest forms for tyrannical control.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I believe that these types of actions are a direct result of people watching movies and playing video games of this type.

It's all a form of mind programming to create anarchy and the result is providing a solution that takes away freedom.

Create problems and provide solutions. One of the oldest forms for tyrannical control.
Hell...I've been around a long time...don't do video games...and the only tyrant the that could control me,,was my Father...LOL..just glad I'm not 40...

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #31
Hell...I've been around a long time...don't do video games...and the only tyrant the that could control me,,was my Father...LOL..just glad I'm not 40...
They aren't matching up their actions with reality.

Take for instance that many have gone to Ukraine to volunteer and fight. They think that it's a video game. Then they see what it really is, they're forced to fight at gunpoint or some manage to escape and cross the border. This is especially true of young British men.

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
I dIsagree.
Annoying exhaust can go. Makes sense to me.
People cant change their own oil because they dump it in the sewer. People are idiots and do it to themselves and then whine.
While I agree about the exhaust, its greater than that.

You (and me) don't care for the loud exhaust, but somewhere there is someone who wants loud exhaust and feels that performance modifications, or wheels, or window tint or graphics etc are dumb. Remember their opinion holds as much water as yours and mine. Just because you don't like the loud exhaust, you still need to fight for that ability. First they come for the exhaust, then the cold air systems, then what? Eventually they outlaw what we DO like but its too late at that point
Very similar to gun laws. No one wants certain people to have access to firearms, but we still need to fight for the rights of those people. To someone we are those people

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Rule #1. Never give up. You can never beat a determined person.

I want to enjoy my cars and have personal expression.
Lions not sheep.