Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How to Log Fuel Pressure

Trader history for Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC (2)

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Untitled.png

It has been a little while since I’ve done a tech tip. Let’s understand your datalogs. Fuel is one of the most important parts to keeping a healthy engine. When you start raising RPM, adding boost or moving to e85 it taxes your fuel system harder. But other things can cause you to lose fuel pressure. Elevation and outside temperature can change the load on your fuel system. If you are tuned in July on a 90 degree day and your fuel system is on the edge there Is a very good chance come November and 50 degree temps you will most likely need to upgrade your fuel system. Another thing is over time your pumps get weaker. There is no avoiding this it happens.

The picture here shows you how to monitor your fuel pressure. Desired is the pressure the computer is calling for. Fuel Pressure is what your car is seeing. A 1 or 2 psi variance isn’t the end of the world but you start to see a variance between fuel pressure and desired it is time to update your fuel system.

HMBRGLR

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stockton
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
following

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I don't log desired unless asked specifically...but I ALWAYS log actual.

It fluctuates naturally a couple PSI here and there but nothing major. Overall a nice flat line.

Now when that decides to drop off a cliff? I'm looking both at IDC and Pulsewidth to see what's up...also boost to see if it's being dumped. If the info correlates I know i have a big issue to look into.