Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Good grief...

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Other issue I have with the private tnt is it should be based on car count. One they wanted $350. Why not say 350 for 10, 300 for 15, 250 for 20 etc. It has been $250 for 20. The track should have a rental fee, let's say 5k. If we can get 30 to come then it should be divided to pay the 5k. You can still say so much for under 10 cars

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Other issue I have with the private tnt is it should be based on car count. One they wanted $350. Why not say 350 for 10, 300 for 15, 250 for 20 etc. It has been $250 for 20. The track should have a rental fee, let's say 5k. If we can get 30 to come then it should be divided to pay the 5k. You can still say so much for under 10 cars
O ya and these prices are just one lane if you want a second double it

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
A good track with good prep is to be highly valued as many are coming to realize.
We have chosen to support one of our "local" tracks by hosting a monthly track rental.
When I say local - the track is a 2 hour drive for us but the support and service the track and staff provide is definitely worth the distance.
Now the cost of $250 per car (with a 10 car minimum) to some may be prohibitive. However, you can make as many runs as you want in a 6 hour period and there are often times that there is not a car running for 20-30 minutes. The moment a car launches and spins in a way the track owner feels is prep related he is on his tractor, preps the track again and makes every effort to make our day a success.

If you spin on the launch just lift, backup and try again. No need to run the car down the track if the launch is bad.

When a local test and tune costs $45 and you get 3 or 4 runs in on a questionably prepped track $250 becomes a screaming deal for basically unlimited runs on a very well prepped track over a six hour period.

Additionally we are supporting our local track with at least $2500 a month. We really want them to remain open and a resource for testing.

Maybe try to strike up a similar deal with your local track if you are serious about testing and have the ability to support them in this manner.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
A good track with good prep is to be highly valued as many are coming to realize.
We have chosen to support one of our "local" tracks by hosting a monthly track rental.
When I say local - the track is a 2 hour drive for us but the support and service the track and staff provide is definitely worth the distance.
Now the cost of $250 per car (with a 10 car minimum) to some may be prohibitive. However, you can make as many runs as you want in a 6 hour period and there are often times that there is not a car running for 20-30 minutes. The moment a car launches and spins in a way the track owner feels is prep related he is on his tractor, preps the track again and makes every effort to make our day a success.

If you spin on the launch just lift, backup and try again. No need to run the car down the track if the launch is bad.

When a local test and tune costs $45 and you get 3 or 4 runs in on a questionably prepped track $250 becomes a screaming deal for basically unlimited runs on a very well prepped track over a six hour period.

Additionally we are supporting our local track with at least $2500 a month. We really want them to remain open and a resource for testing.

Maybe try to strike up a similar deal with your local track if you are serious about testing and have the ability to support them in this manner.
Hey Mike just curious is that for just one lane at that price I assume? My local track (when I say local I can hear cars run from inside my house :)) was 250 last year 10 car minimum 25 maximum then in the fall went to 300 then went to 350. I think the 250 was fair for like you say perfect prep and run as much as you want.
I think speedy's 50 dollar rental he was talking about was probably just more of a well prepped TNT at my local track we call this slick Sundays which unfortunately are only two a year.
If you think about it. A dyno run costs you 150 to 200 depending on time. So if you are trying to track tune for 250 it isn't all that bad.

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
Hey Mike just curious is that for just one lane at that price I assume? My local track (when I say local I can hear cars run from inside my house :)) was 250 last year 10 car minimum 25 maximum then in the fall went to 300 then went to 350. I think the 250 was fair for like you say perfect prep and run as much as you want.
I think speedy's 50 dollar rental he was talking about was probably just more of a well prepped TNT at my local track we call this slick Sundays which unfortunately are only two a year.
If you think about it. A dyno run costs you 150 to 200 depending on time. So if you are trying to track tune for 250 it isn't all that bad.
Jon,
I understand Speedy's frustration. I just wanted to share a little bit of a reality check for some folks who may not actually have a solid grasp on the situation with tracks closing around the country, next generation track owners becoming as rare as hens teeth and the value of time when track testing.

Our rentals are for one lane only. However, since we have been doing these monthly rentals for over 3 years now the track owner really caters to us. The support is phenomenal! If a lane gets slick or we have an oil down he immediately starts work on the other lane and has us up and running without delay. If we want a no prep lane we can use the other lane any time. The owner also makes it a point to guide our customers into the groove and make them feel very welcome by chatting with them between runs. Many of our customers that come to these rentals will tip the track owner as well which makes the entire experience a win for everyone.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Jon,
I understand Speedy's frustration. I just wanted to share a little bit of a reality check for some folks who may not actually have a solid grasp on the situation with tracks closing around the country, next generation track owners becoming as rare as hens teeth and the value of time when track testing.

Our rentals are for one lane only. However, since we have been doing these monthly rentals for over 3 years now the track owner really caters to us. The support is phenomenal! If a lane gets slick or we have an oil down he immediately starts work on the other lane and has us up and running without delay. If we want a no prep lane we can use the other lane any time. The owner also makes it a point to guide our customers into the groove and make them feel very welcome by chatting with them between runs. Many of our customers that come to these rentals will tip the track owner as well which makes the entire experience a win for everyone.
That’s great to hear!

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
So normally by now I've done a fair bit of testing and have things lined out for the season. With the new setup I had to pretty much give up on the standard TNT days at Beech Bend, the track just isn't there and it's spin city and a waste of time. Waited for a drag tire only day, and we got one back in March. Ran decent but the car was hitting a limiter so it hurt my times by probably .2 easy. I "think" I got that sorted.

Next chance would be Saturday 5/13. They do this thing called "Hot Shot TNT" where it's drag tires only and like 50 cars. Prep is good and it's a great testing op. Well the price went from $75 to $250!! WTH! Gonna have to find somewhere else to go that will actually prep the track I guess.
This is the reason I spent the money on shocks. More than. 3 adjustments

and great reason to go to legion of demons

clv22p

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nashville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger 1320
So normally by now I've done a fair bit of testing and have things lined out for the season. With the new setup I had to pretty much give up on the standard TNT days at Beech Bend, the track just isn't there and it's spin city and a waste of time. Waited for a drag tire only day, and we got one back in March. Ran decent but the car was hitting a limiter so it hurt my times by probably .2 easy. I "think" I got that sorted.

Next chance would be Saturday 5/13. They do this thing called "Hot Shot TNT" where it's drag tires only and like 50 cars. Prep is good and it's a great testing op. Well the price went from $75 to $250!! WTH! Gonna have to find somewhere else to go that will actually prep the track I guess.
I guess it’s good to have a 1320 with only 485 horsepower. 😅 I was up there in March and had no problems. Consistent 1.6 60fts. I’m in if you find a great place. Im just down the road from you in Lebanon.

I always thought it was such a missed opportunity they never completed the 1/4 mile track at the Nashville SuperSpeedway. They had all the site work done, but never built. Now its full of Amazon warehouses. 😔

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
That’s great to hear!
BTW the track we use is Dragway 42 in West Salem, Ohio. The owners are Ron and Mary Anne and the track surface is perfect! If you are considering a track to test at (test and tune, event or a track rental) and live withing 4 hours of Dragway 42 this is a great resource.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
BTW the track we use is Dragway 42 in West Salem, Ohio. The owners are Ron and Mary Anne and the track surface is perfect! If you are considering a track to test at (test and tune, event or a track rental) and live withing 4 hours of Dragway 42 this is a great resource.
About 4.5 hours from me.
@Speedy! maybe a good location for next years challengerfest

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Google-fu says 1hr 25 minutes for me

clv22p

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nashville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger 1320
Dragway 42 is a haul from Nashville! 7.5 hours

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #33
If it was March or April with 50-60 degree air and excellent prep for 20 cars 6 hours at $250 I'd do it. Mid May with almost 90 degree temps and I'm out especially considering the last one was $75 and was in March. I'd be good with 100 cars at $100 as long as it was race tires only and a prepped surface.

They've done several of these at $75/car and the track owner asked me what I thought. I told him I thought it was awesome and a group of us would come to every one he put on. He told me people were complaining that $75 was too much. I told him I'd be happy at even $100, but then he raises it to $250??

I guess they didn't get enough people to sign up, as it's now been cancelled. People around here just won't pay that.

Last edited:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Then the track will get sold and become warehouses, parking lot, shopping center, whatever. Tracks are costly. Land values are high. Thats a losing game for us in the end.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #35
I doubt that. The original owner passed away and the grandson is running it now. He's just gonna have to realize it's better to have 100 cars at $75 than 10 cars at $250. There's a water park attached to the track property so it's all run as one big business I think.

He's trying some different things so I gotta give him some credit, just not sure some of them are super good ideas. On Saturday nights they have "Cruise-In night" which sounded pretty cool with food trucks and what not. However he has some place serving alcohol there as well, not sure that's a great idea with drag racing going on.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Simple. Get a track down south, open it every day (all day), close the morning races after a while, reopen in 1-2 hours for night racing and charge for reentry for night.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I doubt that. The original owner passed away and the grandson is running it now. He's just gonna have to realize it's better to have 100 cars at $75 than 10 cars at $250. There's a water park attached to the track property so it's all run as one big business I think.

He's trying some different things so I gotta give him some credit, just not sure some of them are super good ideas. On Saturday nights they have "Cruise-In night" which sounded pretty cool with food trucks and what not. However he has some place serving alcohol there as well, not sure that's a great idea with drag racing going on.
Alcohol... all it will take is one accident off premises to close the whole thing down. Hope they can stick it out but w all the dram.shop laws around the country i would not serve alcohol at all myself.

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
About 4.5 hours from me.
@Speedy! maybe a good location for next years challengerfest
We have folks that attend our rentals from 4-5 hours away and sometimes further. The track is superb and you will see some of the countries finest tuners there (high end guys - Patrick Barnhill and the like) dialing in serious cars and praising the track surface.

As far as events OST Dyno is hosting the 2nd annual Mopar Madness there in August of this year.
We do have a Hellcat/Redeye/Demon/Trackhawk/Superstock class sponsored by CJR Performance that most here would really enjoy.
The event also has a private track rental on Friday that would be great for dialing in your hotrod.
3 days of racing, 2 days of payouts on a first class track surface.

We miss Challengerfest. The drive took us 9 hours but was definitely worth it!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Just be glad if yall have a track to go to that's close or options of tracks in the area.
HRP one of the fastest best 1/4-mile tracks in the country is gone here :cry:.
We have a 1/8-mile track (HMP) here but it's very small and not that great.

clv22p

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nashville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger 1320
We miss Challengerfest. The drive took us 9 hours but was definitely worth it!
What happened to challengerfest this year? I kept trying to find information about it, and finally saw it wasn't happening this year.