Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

GM declares chip crisis over—and says it’s time to let the cheap cars roll

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
Put a deposit down for the dark side.:p Fingers crossed GM pulls through on no ADM!!
Screenshot 2022-02-11 070103.png

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Put a deposit down for the dark side.:p Fingers crossed GM pulls through on no ADM!!
View attachment 63570
They have any idea what MSRP is even looking like yet?

If your dealer isn't a complete hamhock...I might wanna play ball too.

Good choice ;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I think GM is blowing smoke up the stock holders ass😁. Come on things will be back to normal😳. Uh huh yeh good luck on that one. Ford just announced another shut down due to no chips. Anyone see all the pictures of 2021 cars and trucks sitting in fields?
GM to produce cheap cars again ??? dont tell me there makin the Vega again...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I think GM is blowing smoke up the stock holders ass😁. Come on things will be back to normal😳. Uh huh yeh good luck on that one. Ford just announced another shut down due to no chips. Anyone see all the pictures of 2021 cars and trucks sitting in fields?
Ford announced a shutdown..cause you haven't been to the dealership in over two weeks

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
They have any idea what MSRP is even looking like yet?

If your dealer isn't a complete hamhock...I might wanna play ball too.

Good choice ;)
Called at least 10 dealers around the east coast/south. Only two would take a deposit, downside is it may not be a first year car but I'm fine with that. Wait is around 3-5 years apparently but GM hasn't released much info. Starting MSRP will be 85-90k is my guess.

@1971demon Z06 w 3LZ Z07 Pkg Carbon interior/exterior. Fully optioned.

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Called at least 10 dealers around the east coast/south. Only two would take a deposit, downside is it may not be a first year car but I'm fine with that. Wait is around 3-5 years apparently but GM hasn't released much info.

@1971demon Z06 w 3LZ Z07 Pkg Carbon interior/exterior. Fully optioned.

I'm 2nd @ Basil in Depew..no ADM owner gets the first one...so now..we wait..

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
did you order the Z06..or the C8
C8 is all of the new body Vettes. It signifies the 8th generation body style. Z06 is just one model. The new Stingray and Z06 are both C8‘s.
Unless that was sarcasm and it went over my head :geek:
Wait don’t you own one??

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
That's going to a hell of a ride. I was never a fan of the older (recent) corvettes... but as I've said elsewhere, this is not really a corvette. It's a completely different animal with a Corvette badge stuck on it.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
C8 is all of the new body Vettes. It signifies the 8th generation body style. Z06 is just one model. The new Stingray and Z06 are both C8‘s.
Unless that was sarcasm and it went over my head :geek:
Wait don’t you own one??
LOL..thanks for the lesson..(my wife gave it to me over a year ago)..yup I have a 2020.(ahem my wife does).and in line for an early Z06..@ first glance of his post didn't realize it was a Z...thought maybe he just ordered a standard C8

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I can't get excited over a chevy, sorry
Ya know..I get it believe me..mopar die hard..and never a Chevy fan ever..would never surrender my mopars for any Chevy..All I will say is...the standard C8 is a remarkable car..and the Z06 will be something truly special

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Ya know..I get it believe me..mopar die hard..and never a Chevy fan ever..would never surrender my mopars for any Chevy..All I will say is...the standard C8 is a remarkable car..and the Z06 will be something truly special
I happen to be with you guys. The Redeye will stay (if it don’t blow another SC), however my place in line for a Z06 was confirmed this week at MSRP, probably will be a second year order due to the number of units the dealer can receive. Going to be a simple build, Z06, hardtop convertible, 3LT, keep the big spoiler and other expensive add-on’s. That will work for my track use. Don’t know what color yet. All I know is it will not be that color that is approximately the same color as my RE, it is a cool color, but I can’t have near twins in the color department.

The only thing that could maybe, potentially, possibly change my mind? A damn NEW and competitive costing Viper (<3500 lb) that can keep up with the new Z06, and could hold its value over time like that Vette will, especially if a guy picks one up without ADM. That won’t happen.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I happen to be with you guys. The Redeye will stay (if it don’t blow another SC), however my place in line for a Z06 was confirmed this week at MSRP, probably will be a second year order due to the number of units the dealer can receive. Going to be a simple build, Z06, hardtop convertible, 3LT, keep the big spoiler and other expensive add-on’s. That will work for my track use. Don’t know what color yet. All I know is it will not be that color that is approximately the same color as my RE, it is a cool color, but I can’t have near twins in the color department.

The only thing that could maybe, potentially, possibly change my mind? A damn NEW and competitive costing Viper (<3500 lb) that can keep up with the new Z06, and could hold its value over time like that Vette will, especially if a guy picks one up without ADM. That won’t happen.
My brother in law has a 2020 C8 in that color (burgundy)..he ordered it with black wheels.".meh"..I sent my spare wheels to the west coast to be chromed for him....man does that color pop now..what a difference..he's 73..never a car guy..I convinced him to finally do something for himself after working his whole life..he drives the wheels off it..7500 miles in a season in a half..prior to the C8..the man NEVER drove over 100 mph..(hard to believe)..still doesn't have a handle on all the performance features..(and never will)..before he stored it last September he came over giggling like a kid..he said yer not gonna believe it..I did 148 on the 219 expressway just now..I cautioned him..that when he goes to jail..I'm not goin with him..

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
My brother in law has a 2020 C8 in that color (burgundy)..he ordered it with black wheels.".meh"..I sent my spare wheels to the west coast to be chromed for him....man does that color pop now..what a difference..he's 73..never a car guy..I convinced him to finally do something for himself after working his whole life..he drives the wheels off it..7500 miles in a season in a half..prior to the C8..the man NEVER drove over 100 mph..(hard to believe)..still doesn't have a handle on all the performance features..(and never will)..before he stored it last September he came over giggling like a kid..he said yer not gonna believe it..I did 148 on the 219 expressway just now..I cautioned him..that when he goes to jail..I'm not goin with him..
It takes massive restraint on the streets! That is why I need HPDE driving. I actually cannot drive in street traffic with restrictions :unsure:, it drives me nuts. Sometimes I cannot even watch from the passenger seat and just need to do phone time here or other things.

I have seen the models on TV and YouTube with the silver or chrome, and yes, it pops like the Challenger does. I hope for a deep blue in ‘24, or it may have to be the Elkhart Blue (they will love it over in RA), or a bright black or metallic dark of some sort. Because mine is going to come with silver or chrome wheels. Enough of buying another set for a new car. That has cost me a fortune for my Dodge products.