Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Electrical issues, curious on others opinions.

OP
Jroc

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #41
Bites that the 'solution' had to be so drastic, but electrical issues can be extremely tedious to work thru :(
Hope you have better luck with the Audi !
I appreciate that thank you.

Will it burn rubber at 70? :ROFLMAO: You now have a different animal, I can understand the draw. Good luck!
Nope, but my other Hellcat easily will from 70 lol. It's definitely a different animal for sure, and thanks!

This car will just do this:

Last edited:

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
My friend's Tesla did 9.3 last week, There is always something faster and better. We are very lucky to have so many choices and can pick and choose what makes us happy, a luxury that may not be available for very long. Personally, this is what gets my interest:
20230713_174924_HDR.jpg

OP
Jroc

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #43
My friend's Tesla did 9.3 last week, There is always something faster and better. We are very lucky to have so many choices and can pick and choose what makes us happy, a luxury that may not be available for very long. Personally, this is what gets my interest:
View attachment 111205
I absolutely agree, I’ve been telling myself for the past couple years that we have to experience all we like now because the future is bleak.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
They're made in Canada you know, so the build quality suffers.... ;)
Where is the GF emoji :ROFLMAO:

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I absolutely agree, I’ve been telling myself for the past couple years that we have to experience all we like now because the future is bleak.
And for some of us, the future is also short! Hey Bertha, go find me my teeth! :)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

Nope, but my other Hellcat easily will from 70 lol. It's definitely a different animal for sure, and thanks!

AWD for the win

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
View attachment 111127

The issues with the Redeye are resolved as far as I’m concerned.
Damn I wish I had seen this thread earlier.

You would have been a prime candidate for a g80 m3.

I consider them the new hellcats as far as tuning and building goes.

High 9s/low 10s street car on intake + dp + tune.

Love the rs cars but that m3 is something else rn, handles like a 2018-2020 supercar and feels so up to date.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
My 2023 Redeye Jailbreak came in about a month ago. I have been extremely happy with the car and love the spec as it is quite unique. Since I have got it it has not responded to the fobs at all 3 times for about 5 minutes a time (can't unlock the car, remote start, etc etc), and then everything goes back to normal. It has twice now thrown a ton of error codes on the dash, said no bus where the odometer usually is won't read fuel level, and wipers are going on high even though they're turned off.

Got it into our service department yesterday hoping the battery would test bad and be causing the issues but the battery is fine. It spit out a TON of codes though, a lot relating to the BCM. View attachment 110786 View attachment 110787

I am hoping it's just a bad BCM or loose electrical connectors at the BCM. I have the option to completely walk away from this car with no cost out of my pocket, and I am starting to consider that if it's not a simple fix. For some reason, electrical issues really get to me as I've seen cars with stuff like this not fully ever get resolved. I do still have my 2015 Hellcat as well so it's not like I would be without a Challenger. Investment-wise, I think having a last year Redeye would pay off in the long run, and I do love the car aside from these issues so I'm a bit torn.

I'm curious to know what other people think. I know everyone has their thing that they won't deal with on a new car. For me, it's paintwork and electrical issues right off the bat. I think if I did give it back, I would also trade in my C8 Stingray and pick up an Audi RS6 Avant but I'd have to drive one first and see if they actually have any emotion to them, I seriously doubt they have as much personality as a Redeye.
Dodge quality has gone to sh*t post 2020.

Lots of redeyes having hot start issues, my car has a weird rumble on idle in park, and the cf dash was chipped from the factory.

OP
Jroc

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #50
Damn I wish I had seen this thread earlier.

You would have been a prime candidate for a g80 m3.

I consider them the new hellcats as far as tuning and building goes.

High 9s/low 10s street car on intake + dp + tune.

Love the rs cars but that m3 is something else rn, handles like a 2018-2020 supercar and feels so up to date.
A friend has one, and really likes it. I am just not a BMW guy to be honest even though they are insanely capable.

OP
Jroc

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #51
Dodge quality has gone to sh*t post 2020.

Lots of redeyes having hot start issues, my car has a weird rumble on idle in park, and the cf dash was chipped from the factory.
Mine was feeling like it was misfiring at idle in park as well, not sure if that's what you're feeling as well.

As for the hot start issue mine did it right at the factory after the initial start, they pulled it off the line to investigate. After I had left for the day I heard from someone at the plant that my car failed emissions testing at the plant 3x, and they then changed the fuel pump module which resolved those issues.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Mine was feeling like it was misfiring at idle in park as well, not sure if that's what you're feeling as well.

As for the hot start issue mine did it right at the factory after the initial start, they pulled it off the line to investigate. After I had left for the day I heard from someone at the plant that my car failed emissions testing at the plant 3x, and they then changed the fuel pump module which resolved those issues.
Yeah exactly that, feels very weird at idle in park but lately has been feeling a lot better, mine hasn't had the hot start issue yet but my buddies who ordered the same time as me had a huge hot start issue.

Idk man, I'm kinda done with dodge bs, this is most likely my last car from them. Kinda crazy the issues we run into with a 100k car.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
A friend has one, and really likes it. I am just not a BMW guy to be honest even though they are insanely capable.
I had an s5, great car, drove the rs5 and a few of their cars and unfortunately just didn't do it for me, interior is extremely basic even more than the bmw, sounds better than bmw stock exhausts, isn't as fast as them, didn't feel as sharp.

The new s58 and the m3's in general are doing wonders for the old view on bmws having a lot of issues and reliability concerns, in my opinion the g80 is a little heavy but done very very well by bmw, amazing car just sounds like 💩💩💩, nothing an exhaust can't fix though.

How are you liking the rs6 (can't 100% tell)

OP
Jroc

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #54
I had an s5, great car, drove the rs5 and a few of their cars and unfortunately just didn't do it for me, interior is extremely basic even more than the bmw, sounds better than bmw stock exhausts, isn't as fast as them, didn't feel as sharp.

The new s58 and the m3's in general are doing wonders for the old view on bmws having a lot of issues and reliability concerns, in my opinion the g80 is a little heavy but done very very well by bmw, amazing car just sounds like 💩💩💩, nothing an exhaust can't fix though.

How are you liking the rs6 (can't 100% tell)
I've driven an S5 just recently actually and do agree with you on the interior of those. I'd even say the interior of the RS6 doesn't look fantastic in photos but in person it looks and feels much better, the materials are an extremely high quality and I like the exposed carbon fiber weave they use almost everywhere. My one knock on it, and many manufacturers are bad for this is the use of piano black trim, it smudges, collects dust and scratches just by looking at it the wrong way. I did order some Xpel stealth PPF to cover it all and the screens though.

I'll admit one of my hangups with BMW is the reliability aspect of it. A friend of mine owned an X6M for 12 months, and it spent about 11 of those months in the service bay, no joke. The M3 is an excellent performer, though.

As for the RS6 itself, I am really enjoying it. It's definitely a different animal than I'm used to, there is definitely some throttle/turbo lag, and the car is so refined that it doesn't seem as raw performance-wise as a Hellcat. Launching it you can tell it's pulling power in first so it doesn't have quite that punch-you-in-the-head feeling as my old Trackhawk, but once it hits second gear it freight trains hard. The handling is extremely good though, along with the maneuverability with the 4-wheel steering. I saw in a lot of reviews talk about it being such a heavy car, but it honestly FEELS like it weighs half as much as my Challenger. The nice thing is for $1700 Canadian which is just for a tune I can fix the throttle and turbo lag and gain 162 horsepower and 119 lb-ft in the process. That blows my mind. I thought this car would fly under the radar, but it gets a lot of attention, and a lot of people know exactly what it is. Audi did an incredible job designing this car. I never thought I'd own a station wagon, but as a photographer/videographer and always being on the go, it's so convenient to just throw my camera gear in the hatch and call it a day.

It's all still very weird to me as I've never been someone that's had any love for Audi to be honest. I always just refer to them as expensive Volkswagens, but maybe people are right and the RS cars are special. IF I can find another 23 Redeye Jailbreak Challenger I might still pick one up as well.

Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 2.38.48 PM.png A7R00328.jpg A7R00339.jpg A7R00341.jpg A7R00345.jpg A7R00349.jpg A7R00357.jpg A7R00378.jpg

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
...and the car is so refined that it doesn't seem as raw performance-wise as a Hellcat.
Yup, in a 'Cat you definitely know it's happening. In the Avant it just happens, and you wonder "How did I get to 140??"

OP
Jroc

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #56
Yup, in a 'Cat you definitely know it's happening. In the Avant it just happens, and you wonder "How did I get to 140??"
That's the best way to put it. I've pulled out to pass someone on the highway and matted it, then looked down after I get past and go how the hell did I get up to this speed.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
That's the best way to put it. I've pulled out to pass someone on the highway and matted it, then looked down after I get past and go how the hell did I get up to this speed.
Anyway that you can find out about the one that I just had built? You guys have me concerned.

OP
Jroc

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #58
Anyway that you can find out about the one that I just had built? You guys have me concerned.
PM me the VIN. I have some people that can tell me whether the car was a "clean build" or if it had any issues or flags for repair on the assembly line.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
PM me the VIN. I have some people that can tell me whether the car was a "clean build" or if it had any issues or flags for repair on the assembly line.
Sent. Just built over the weekend.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country