Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Calls Out Charger Daytona SRT EV Concept Haters in a Pretty Direct Way

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I will say this, when all the talk about the Hellcat coming out I was thinking 75k and they were 60k I was surprised. Based on what a plaid cost you think the dodge would be in the ball park but what if it was 75k:unsure:
I lost a steak dinner bet when Hellcat pricing was announced when they first came out. I was betting around $75K and was shocked it was $60K.

On this EV deal though, it's not like Dodge is creating new technology. They'll be using the same "stuff" as Tesla for the most part so unless Tesla is just really over charging (no pun intended) or Dodge gets some kind of economy of scale discount I don't know how they can build the car that much cheaper.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Chrysler has been perfecting their EV game for a few years now. The next generation should be AWESOME!

ev ram.jpg

ev charger.jpg

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Unfortunately, it wasn't as whacked out 30 years ago when I shipped out, but it does suck when your home plate has become a s@#$hole. My brother is still on the job for another 2 years.
I won't further muck up the thread with my anti-RI rhetoric...so I'll send ya a PM! :LOL:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I have horses now all I need is some pigs to ramp up methane production. Barter Town with Master Blaster making pig shit methane. While I am at it some yeast and corn for the distillery could do good for the RE.
Natural Gas, E85, electricity what’s not to like.
I have one horse...10ft tall...(aluminum)..me and animals don't get along...even the cat we've had for 15 years doesn't like me

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I have horses now all I need is some pigs to ramp up methane production. Barter Town with Master Blaster making pig shit methane. While I am at it some yeast and corn for the distillery could do good for the RE.
Natural Gas, E85, electricity what’s not to like.
Such a good movie!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I will say this, when all the talk about the Hellcat coming out I was thinking 75k and they were 60k I was surprised. Based on what a plaid cost you think the dodge would be in the ball park but what if it was 75k:unsure:
If it was 75, I'd probably buy.it if I could stand the.looks etc.... I will at.least give them a chance. But I will be really surprised if.its not 100K plus

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
60k out the door, I would at least test drive it before saying no.
I wouldnt. It’s just too ugly. It’s to the point now where performance numbers dont even matter.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Thats all fine and dandy and while I wholeheartedly agree, everyone here ignores the reality going on around them. The GOVT is FORCING this bullshit on us with rediculously High CAFE standards on the way that NO ONE can meet, and NO GASOLINE engines by 2035 etc etc. Do you really think Kuniskis and Dodge want the hellcat gravy train to end? They gotta be making $$ hand over fist with this 14 year old platform selling it with a tupperware interior for $100k. BUT what you suggest them doing will put them out of business Govt Regulations and fines would see to that.

Several problems exist. Mopar doesnt have any small fuel efficient vehicles to compensate for the near zero MPG trucks, jeeps and V8 cars they do make so they are paying millions in fines and or carbon credits to Tesla and the competition to make up for missing MPG targets and keep selling these cars . Basically funding the competition and the Govt is making this situation more untenable every year.

Second, stellantis is a European company, and most of those companies are drowning in the BS climate change/zero carbon kool aide so they are happy to push the V8 and dodge over a cliff in the name of Mother earth so Mopar isnt going to get any help from the Mothership. Dodge likely has near zero leverage with the mothership and is likely being told what they can and cant do.

Third, instead of looking at the new EV charger and saying its sucks compared to a Hellcat etc (It prob does) look at it and compare it to the other EVs out there. Thats the competition.THOSE will be your choices and its not Dodge's or Tim's fault, its your govt, your elected officials and the brainwashed masses that believe in this bullshit. In that respect Dodge did a damn good job of making a fucking golf cart look good and it will probably perform on the level of a Tesla Plaid. The sound is gimmicky but I get where they are coming from. Everyone is claiming dodge is going to go bankrupt because they left their customers behind etc. No, theyd go bankrupt swimming against the govt regulation and business currents as they are by NOT making EVs and continuing to do what they are doing. They are trying to give us what we want in the context of what they are allowed to do. They are painted into a corner. Some companies hopped on board early (Ford/GM) and have EVs out there big, small, and trucks to compensate for Mustangs and Corvettes but stellantis has nothing.

Fourth everyone pisses and moans about everything for the last year being a sticker package. Well WTF can dodge do? If they redesign the car, even parts of the car, it has to go back through govt certification. They arent going to spend millions of dollars to change the car or the engines for the last year of production with no future ahead of it. So yeah stickers and paint is about all they can do. Would you be happy if they didnt do anything? Just give us black, white and a few other colors and say Fk it? Having said that, I think the shakedown package was Meh, The Swinger package was a MISS, they should have just left the holy guacomole SEMA car as is, which is close but without the 70s moniker. I get they were tieing it back to "heritage" but that wasnt the right call. The Super Bee 1320 charger is interesting. IMO. While I dont like all the packages so far, I dont hate that they are doing it.

Ok Lets say Mopar tells everyone to Fk off and keeps making hellcats and keeps selling them for $80-100k. How long do you think before they run out of customers at that price in a down economy. Then big brother steps in and puts a BIGGER penaly $$$ on it because of emissions and not meeting MPG limits. Then insurance companies tripple and quadruple your rates because it isnt green and well HP is dangerous. Then the govt puts a $4/gallon tax on gas to pay for roads and building butterfly fart recapture centers. How long before No one can afford to drive car or buy one? Whats a better business plan fora company that wants to stay in business

Personally I think this whole EV thing and no gas engines by 20xx is going to implode in a few years and maybe things will go back to being sane with EVs being adopted at a normal rate while new ICE cars return to the streets. Hopefully Dodge has some plans in the works in case that happens. The grid cant handle all EVs, China is on the verge of imploding (I give em 5-6 years) Europe is about to find out how difficult winter is with no electricity and the world is going to get an education over the next year or two about how dependent we are on oil and how important it is to a modern society.

Im on board with you all about "I Hate this shit" but its not Dodge's fault. Here's hoping sanity one day prevails.
I agree with most of this except the part that the new car is not Dodge’s fault. That ugly thing is clearly their fault. They could design a similar but updated body that we all at least like to look at, even if it has to be an EV. I’m not 100% against the EV part, but damn it’s a nightmare to look at.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Say that it isn't so!!!
I think he's still playin Las Vegas...wait maybe that's Wayne Newton..:unsure:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I think he's still playin Las Vegas...wait maybe that's Wayne Newton..:unsure:
Wayne Newton still around?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Wayne Newton still around?
yup his face is stretched tighter than Phyliss Diller's...his eyes are where his ears used to be...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
yup his face is stretched tighter than Phyliss Diller's...his eyes are where his ears used to be...
Oh Lawd!!

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
First time I saw the flamer he played a young singer on a episode of Bonanza. (I think he had a thing for Hoss)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
First time I saw the flamer he played a young singer on a episode of Bonanza. (I think he had a thing for Hoss)
Is he gay? I never paid much attention to him.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Never liked him...or his music...