Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Butters Calls Out Dodge and the Dodge Dealers

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
They were based on overall satisfaction for sales and service. You'd be surprised how many people would express their satisfaction, either way.
I married into a nursing/medical family.

My wife worked labor and delivery while her mom worked on the psych/mental health floor.
Hospital they worked at had a similar survey thing for patients.
No one could touch the scores of the labor and delivery section. And their management always pointed to that floor as the level they want to be at across the board.

Not for one second did management even realize that L&D is the only department that people are actually happy to go to the hospital. Of course they are going to score really high on some dumb ass survey.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
Honestly, I want to build the car online, put in a 100 deposit, and order the car.

When the car is built, I pay off the balance or fill out lease paper work etc.
Only go to the dealer to pick up the car.

No nitrogen in the tires.
No $500 fabric protection
No blinking 3rd brake light
No plug in kill switch
No wheels locks (unless i picked them on the order)
Ordering didn't work out for me this year. Ford dealership started complaining because I was buying it Xplan and they weren't making any money. Bullshit.
Charger came in and it looked really bad with screwed up paint and mismatched badges.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Dodge can avoid most of it by simply basing allocation on not only sales but customer satisfaction ratings.

They did it in the past. Guess they don't want to spend the money or they don't give a shit anymore?
Dodge can avoid most of it by simply basing allocation on not only sales but customer satisfaction ratings.

They did it in the past. Guess they don't want to spend the money or they don't give a shit anymore?
Agreed and I would add this; small dealers should get a shot at the limited edition Halo cars, maybe via lottery, or some method where they at least have a chance. Youve got these dealers in small town America slugging it out 365 days a year in the small demographic areas to sell and service Stellantis product, and they get the cold shoulder when the Halo cars come out. A lot of them werent even getting a V8 car at all in 23. And most of the dealers in these demographics are treating their customers wayyyy better than some of the slimy metro area dealers. Really a shame the way stellantis handles its dealer network, and by extension, its customer base

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #24
Agreed and I would add this; small dealers should get a shot at the limited edition Halo cars, maybe via lottery, or some method where they at least have a chance. Youve got these dealers in small town America slugging it out 365 days a year in the small demographic areas to sell and service Stellantis product, and they get the cold shoulder when the Halo cars come out. A lot of them werent even getting a V8 car at all in 23. And most of the dealers in these demographics are treating their customers wayyyy better than some of the slimy metro area dealers. Really a shame the way stellantis handles its dealer network, and by extension, its customer base
Unfortunately we have to buy from the volume dealerships to get the price we want.

Currently I'm sticking to what I have.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Ordering didn't work out for me this year. Ford dealership started complaining because I was buying it Xplan and they weren't making any money. Bullshit.
Charger came in and it looked really bad with screwed up paint and mismatched badges.
The Ford dealer shouldn't have a say in it.
They take the car, they PDI it, they deliver it and have you sign the papers, and Ford gives them a predetermined chunk of change on that vehicle.

The mismatched badges etc should have been noticed at the PDI level. And dealer tells Dodge they fucked up and need money to fix it.

Just remove the customer needing to pay the dealer for anything should help change the culture of buying cars.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Say what you will, but IMO Dodge & TK knew all along about the underhanded tactics the dealer network were carrying out with all these last call cars.
I mean, come 'on, this was being W-I-D-E-L-Y spewed on the internet, you had to be living in a cave on a deserted island NOT to know. For whatever reason, Dodge et. al. CHOSE to ignore the whole mess & let the end customers get screwed over. The only thing they are sorry about is the one deal that was so outrageous it went viral on SM and they all got caught. Stellantis no longer seems to have any desire to make these dealers comply with their 'intent' especially with regards to the halo vehicles.

What's not clear to me is have they just lost their spine or is there some legal reason they no longer seem to be able to pressure the dealers into compliance or do they simply no longer give a crap about the end customer ?

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I would have told the Ford dealer to pound sand & place the order. Back in the day when I was eligible for the Nissan equivalent of xPlan, the dealer never questioned it. I had my choice of ordering a truck or taking one off the lot, the price was 'fixed' by Nissan and they even capped the dealer 'fees' at $250 max.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #28
I would have told the Ford dealer to pound sand & place the order. Back in the day when I was eligible for the Nissan equivalent of xPlan, the dealer never questioned it. I had my choice of ordering a truck or taking one off the lot, the price was 'fixed' by Nissan and they even capped the dealer 'fees' at $250 max.
I did order it and it came in. That's when the monkey business started. I passed on the truck.

The mismatched emblems on the Charger. Dodge changed the description on the window sticker to show the different badges which wasn't what I ordered. Fuck em.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
Hence the whole reason I bought a 22 Super Stock instead of waiting for a 23, I wasn't going to deal with that cluster!
You are so, right! I ordered a '22 Challenger Redeye, as a plan B, as it turned out, it worked. Dodge dirtbag dealers would screw you, as talk to you. The Dodge dealers coordinated, 99% were 100k or more over MSRP for a Demon 170. I found one or two (barely) under the 100k, but the color/options, were not there...

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I was on the phone with the parts dept of a PB dealer today. We talked a bit about racing, Demons and the 170. He said his dealership had an allocation for a 170, and the owner planned on buying it then selling it a auction. This is not a quote but my understanding of the dialog.

(Edit: Corrected typo.)

Last edited:

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Its really a moot point, Chrysler has how many cars to sell in 2024? It appears to be just one mini van, what is Dodge offering? The Hornet and Durango. How many dealers will survive on parts and service?

A year from now the landscape will be much different, imo

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Its really a moot point, Chrysler has how many cars to sell in 2024? It appears to be just one mini van, what is Dodge offering? The Hornet and Durango. How many dealers will survive on parts and service?

Got a quote from a Dodge dealer for some work 5 mo ago, checked today, 20% higher.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #33

There might be something around 2nd quarter but it probably won't sell.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #34
Got a quote from a Dodge dealer for some work 5 mo ago, checked today, 20% higher.
Dodge is a blue collar brand. Stellantis has forgotten that.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Super Stock debut was just over 80k but Power Dollars of 8k were available effectively making it a low 70k vehicle.

Now every clown with one for sale thinks it should be 100k???

70 and 80k were bad enough.
90k is silly.
100k is greed.

These fucking cars are 10 years old now.