Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Any problems with FII Interchillers

WOHT

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge Challenger SRT
Has anyone had problems with their Forced Induction Interchiller Stage 1 and/or Stage 2 kits? Installation problems, temperature problems? I’d like to get some honest feedback. Thanks

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
@Hatermkr just installed one

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Has anyone had problems with their Forced Induction Interchiller Stage 1 and/or Stage 2 kits? Installation problems, temperature problems? I’d like to get some honest feedback. Thanks
Did a stage 1 and 2 on different cars way better than a killer or a ic chiller better build everything fits better seals and connections can’t loose

OP
W

WOHT

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge Challenger SRT
Thread Starter #4
Did a stage 1 and 2 on different cars way better than a killer or a ic chiller better build everything fits better seals and connections can’t loose
So, you’re saying that the FII interchiller kits are inferior to a Killer Chiller and Active Interchiller kits?

OP
W

WOHT

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge Challenger SRT
Thread Starter #5
Any issues yet? Do you consider this kit to be a “plug and play” kit, or is there actually work you have to do to install the system? Usually, plug and play means you simply plug it in, and it works, which doesn’t require additional equipment and effort. Plug and play seems like it you be effortless.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Any issues yet? Do you consider this kit to be a “plug and play” kit, or is there actually work you have to do to install the system? Usually, plug and play means you simply plug it in, and it works, which doesn’t require additional equipment and effort. Plug and play seems like it you be effortless.
You need to cut one hose. And add a relay. To me that’s plug and play. You get what you pay for. Your choice to buy what you want I know I installed all 3 and will only buy one

OP
W

WOHT

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge Challenger SRT
Thread Starter #7
You need to cut one hose. And add a relay. To me that’s plug and play. You get what you pay for. Your choice to buy what you want I know I installed all 3 and will only buy one
I’ve done some extensive research with interchiller kits regarding installing, and I came to the conclusion that you need equipment to install any 3 of the major brands of interchillers; ac manifold gauge set, ac vacuum, ac reclaiming machine, O ring clip pliers, and so on. Not sure I would agree with you that it’s “plug and play”. What about cutting the high pressure side lower hose, and installing the 4 way fitting provided, which in many cases, requires the ac pressure switch to be extended by cutting the factory wires and relocating it down to the 4 way fitting? There is also the matter of drilling holes into your subframe to mount a FII interchiller systems, unless there’s some other way to mount it. It sounds like if you do not have mechanical skills and the proper and legal equipment already, you’ll have to spend quite a bit of money to buy all the equipment needed to successfully install it.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
I’ve done some extensive research with interchiller kits regarding installing, and I came to the conclusion that you need equipment to install any 3 of the major brands of interchillers; ac manifold gauge set, ac vacuum, ac reclaiming machine, O ring clip pliers, and so on. Not sure I would agree with you that it’s “plug and play”. What about cutting the high pressure side lower hose, and installing the 4 way fitting provided, which in many cases, requires the ac pressure switch to be extended by cutting the factory wires and relocating it down to the 4 way fitting? There is also the matter of drilling holes into your subframe to mount a FII interchiller systems, unless there’s some other way to mount it. It sounds like if you do not have mechanical skills and the proper and legal equipment already, you’ll have to spend quite a bit of money to buy all the equipment needed to successfully install it.
That’s with any of the 3 kits.

OP
W

WOHT

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge Challenger SRT
Thread Starter #9
That’s with any of the 3 kits.
Which is why I disagreed you the term, “plug and play”. You have to invest in hundreds, if not more, of equipment to do an install on your own.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Which is why I disagreed you the term, “plug and play”. You have to invest in hundreds, if not more, of equipment to do an install on your own.
Common sense tells someone you need to have it discharge and recharge

OP
W

WOHT

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge Challenger SRT
Thread Starter #11
Did you go with the stage 2 kit also?

OP
W

WOHT

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge Challenger SRT
Thread Starter #12
Common sense tells someone you need to have it discharge and recharge
Yes, I agree with your statement. But, you would be surprised of how many people do not have common sense and just starting cutting lines. I’ve read many of them, unfortunately.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Depending on what you have going on, from what I know none are worth the money for me. They only work when you are not going down the track. If there is plenty of time in-between rounds then there is little benifit.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I am snot sorry 2 say,, butt, I devised dis system. Been a chiller tech fer 40 ears and came upster wit da system 2 run off da 134A refrigerant frum da factory. Remembuurr da 1st 1ns came out wit da box of ice. Den da next waz a whole different system, no guud. Tat is why I devized da 1- 2 wurk off original system. Dare is no such of plug and play system. Not. I have contacted da idiots dat say da same ass to cut and turn on. No. Wood youz dew dat 2 your a/c system at home. No. Cut and whack and watch gas spuw out and figure dat will wurk?? Hell no, buttster youz don'thalf 2 spend a huge amount of $$ 2 install. Yes, youz doo need extra gas, guages, fittens, tubes, tape, cummon cents, buttster snot alot. If youz waz 2 purrchase da stuff at, say Auto Snow whore da like, tell em whatz youz bee doin. Day wood lend you da guages, sell da gas,, butt snot da canaster, sell fittens and da like, cheap. Dew snot use old used tuben. Humidity gets 2 it will bee contaminated. You have 2 purge da system 2 relieve da humidity whore else?? Dis plug & play is watt it saz, play. Cummon cents is coreect. Bull shitster. Dew it correcdum and it will wurk. Like wa, cheap skatester. Deevize a HX system dat draws da heat out of da system by culant whore air. Da plug & puke is ha guud sellen point butt? Right. I went 2 da local hot rod shop, privatly owned, and wa and da mechanic priced upster a system dat wood wurk. Utter dan da plug & finkster and da price waz ovah $18,000 wit me duen 1/2 da labah. No f-ing way. Eye con add 2 moe HX, inner coolers, fer 1/3 da price wit extra ruum.Cum on. $$$ all about.