Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

1 of 29 Narrow bodies

MuscleCat

Founding Member
Doctor
Member ID
Reactions
City
DFW
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger SRT Super Stock
We've all taken the oath never to post a link to the old hood again. What a dump that place was.

HERE is the best I can do for you with a screenshot i was referring to.
Screenshot_20240131-193236_Chrome.jpg

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Fwiw a guy named Patrick Rall who writes online articles about our cars once said that someone at Dodge told him he did not think Plum Crazy’s breakdowns were valid saying something like the detailed breakdown info actually doesn’t exist. Bummer because mine is supposedly a 1 of 1 lol

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Fwiw a guy named Patrick Rall who writes online articles about our cars once said that someone at Dodge told him he did not think Plum Crazy’s breakdowns were valid saying something like the detailed breakdown info actually doesn’t exist. Bummer because mine is supposedly a 1 of 1 lol
Like most info today on any topic...tough to validate anything with any degree of certainty:rolleyes:

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I’m not sure where the “narrow” body stupidity started (likely by some GenZ mouthbreathing social media “influencer”, so there’s the company all the “narrow body” folks keep) but there’s not a single official Dodge document, brochure, window sticker, build sheet, etc. that refers to a standard body as “narrow”; only widebodies are differentiated…

Facts/accuracy matter…for some folks I guess…😈
I refer to them as the original body and the Fast and Furious Hong Kong body. 😉

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Like most info today on any topic...tough to validate anything with any degree of certainty:rolleyes:
About the only way to be really sure is if it's on the internet.

CPRHDSRT

Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fork
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 HC Challenger
We've all taken the oath never to post a link to the old hood again. What a dump that place was.

HERE is the best I can do for you with a screenshot i was referring to.
View attachment 129124
Interesting ... only 628 M6 cars, split exactly between standard and wide body jailbreaks.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
In all fairness, there isn't a widebody, either. Just a regular Challenger with dually fenders tacked on.
🍿 😁

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Interesting ... only 628 M6 cars, split exactly between standard and wide body jailbreaks.
Wow woulda thought there woulda been more men buyin them than just 628:unsure::unsure:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Wow woulda thought there woulda been more men buyin them than just 628:unsure::unsure:
My girlfriend didn't know she could get one, or she might very well have ordered a stick shift.

Yes, she prefers manuals and think they're great, but she's weird. After all, she's with me.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My girlfriend didn't know she could get one, or she might very well have ordered a stick shift.

Yes, she prefers manuals and think they're great, but she's weird. After all, she's with me.
Wonder how long she'll stick around:unsure::unsure:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I locked the gate.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Why? Stick sucks for drag racing. All depends on what you are planning on doing with it. Plenty of people that will never go to a drag strip though

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

This is really disturbing, I'm 1 of 2, and he supposedly knew where, and who had had the other one.

So either he somehow did have access to actual sales data, OR he was completely full of shit.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
This is really disturbing, I'm 1 of 2, and he supposedly knew where, and who had had the other one.

So either he somehow did have access to actual sales data, OR he was completely full of shit.
We are all 1 of 5 or less:LOL:

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

The fact that Dodge threatened to use the same guy to suicide him that the Clintons use, I think he likely was pulling data from official Dodge sources. At least I hope my data from him was legit. Seems like he was also able to provide some info like R/S did, so I would think he was truly in the know.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Who else has this configuration? Configured a damn 1/1 “Jailbreak” B4 they were asking for the right arm for a payment. I say Plumcrazy was correct that is why they shut him and a couple others we knew down.
IMG_8102.jpeg

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Who else has this configuration? Configured a damn 1/1 “Jailbreak” B4 they were asking for the right arm for a payment. I say Plumcrazy was correct that is why they shut him and a couple others we knew down.
View attachment 129278
Here is the real one ordered.😝 I forgot I changed the color and stuff and got this one. Save the old guy comments for later.
IMG_8104.jpeg

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
This sounds a little like "Barrett Jackson".

What we have here is a very rare car that is 1 of 1 or 2. Looks like the other example no longer exists.

All numbers matching and a complete nut & bolt rotisserie restoration using all of the original metal.

This car has been in a private collection for decades and this will be your only opportunity to buy it today.

OP
Greg Hutter
Member ID
Reactions
City
Belmont
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Jailbreak Narrowbod
Thread Starter #39
Thanks fo
I tried to find out the same info on my car. I was told that only the Demon builds could be tracked in order. You can however, email dodge with your VIN and ask for the production info on your car. They will tell you things like the date it was built, and its "one of number" which you already know.

Below is what I got back from Dodge. The build trees that PLUMCRAZY used to do were much more informative as according to his much more detailed report my car is actually a 1 of 2 identical cars built. Where as Dodge says one of 22, because they don't account for options like a block heater or summer tires and so on. One better is the factory tracking data I got from R/S back in the day. I could tell you exactly when my car was in framing, when it was in paint and so on. Don't think many guys got that report from him back then.

VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vehicle Assembly Date: 10/20/2016, 11:00 AM
Mfg: Brampton Assembly Plant, Ontario, Canada

According to our records, there were 22 Dodge Challenger (RWD) SRT Hellcat units built in Destroyer Grey Clear Coat paint which were equipped with Black Hellcat Logo Laguna Leather Seats, Brembo 6-Pot Fixed Front Caliper Brakes, 8-Speed Auto HP90 Transmission, 6.2L Supercharged HEMI V8 SRT Engine,
High Intensity Discharge Headlamps, 18 Speakers Premium Audio System, Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4" Display, Red Brake Calipers, and 20X9.5 Brass Monkey SRT Forged Wheels for the 2017 model year.

Sincerely,

Marvin, Dodge Customer Support
Stellantis
Thanks for the info. I called SRT customer support but they didn't seem to know where to find that info. and referred me back to the dealership, who are basically worthless unless you are there to buy a car. Do you have the email address of the person who helped you?
thanks.

OP
Greg Hutter
Member ID
Reactions
City
Belmont
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Jailbreak Narrowbod
Thread Starter #40
Simply my way of differentiating between the two body styles. Didn't think anybody would get stuck on the terminology and am surprised that's all you had to contribute.

OP there’s NO such thing as a “narrow” body Challenger, there wasn’t back in the day and there isn’t now; there standard and widebody versions, so you might wanna start about getting at least THAT right…! 🤣