Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

1 of 29 Narrow bodies

Member ID
Reactions
City
Princeton
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 super stock
Not sure link works. Youtube "technical features 2020 dodge charger SRT hellcat widebody media drive".
Yes it is the charger media day, no "but" offered. At 3:56 big Jim Wilder Mr SRT says the words. Narrow body is part of the Dodge lexicon.
Not not be pissy, but i hear (read) this often. That's my contribution.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well, that makes some sense.

A Charger is 0.7 inches narrower than a Challenger, so if there was such a thing as a narrow body, it'd be a Charger.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Still no pictures? What's up with our newest resident "good old boy"? :ROFLMAO:

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
I will say that I have one of the if not the rarest Buicks ever made. I beat the shit out of it. If I die tomorrow what do I care what’s it worth.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I will say that I have one of the if not the rarest Buicks ever made. I beat the shit out of it. If I die tomorrow what do I care what’s it worth.
So you don't have the narrow body gn cause the gnx has fender flares so it is the widebody correct:geek:

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
So you don't have the narrow body gn cause the gnx has fender flares so it is the widebody correct:geek:
Yes lol

actually when I had a conversation with Tim about the demon he said most of the things came from the GNX.
different cluster
Number by vent
Wheel flairs
Different rims

Member ID
Reactions
City
Plymouth
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Yes lol

actually when I had a conversation with Tim about the demon he said most of the things came from the GNX.
different cluster
Number by vent
Wheel flairs
Different rims
I remember reading somewhere that back in the day Tim had a GN. Currently own two '87 Turbo T's so that hits home for me a bit. GNX prices have soared recently. Sold a GNX turbo (ceramic impeller) for $$$.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
This thread brings back some fun memories of 2023. I ordered my 2022 797 hp Triple RedEYE Challenger (Octane Red, Demonic Red interior, standard body Redeye) on Valentines Day of 2022, back when the way-below-invoice deals were going on at that DC dealer. I love the car!

When 2023 came around and Dodge's crappy allocation website said they were going to build 29 standard body Redeyes I immediately placed an order at Steve White Motors for a Plum Crazy with Demonic red interior, Redeye Challenger at MSRP, figuring I would get the rarest and highest HP standard body they were going to build. That was when Dodge was advertising the horsepower rating at 807 for the standard body Redeye. Well, after a few of them started getting delivered and it turned out that they were 797 tunes and not built with the 807 HP engine tuned controller, I reached out to Tim K at Dodge and asked what was up with the rating on the allocations site? He never answered my email but within three hours of me sending that email, the website's power ratings were revised downward from 807 to 797 for the standard body Redeye and then I got an email from Jen at Customer Service. Hmmmm.

As a result I contacted Steve White Motors and declined my order and got my $1k deposit back under the reasoning that I wasn't going to pay 15 grand more (at msrp) for the same exact car I already have, in a different color. I connected my salesman with a friend who ended up taking over my order (which was in production at that point) and was he more than happy to get the car because it was one of the few Plum Crazy Redeyes that survived that big "Plum Crazy Purge" of spring 2023 when Dodge cancelled tons of order and made people choose another color for their order or lose it entirely.

So, in the end they did make 175 standard body 797 HP 27M Redeye Jailbreaks and 3 early production pilot cars with the previous year's 797 HP 27Z engine designation code.

And I am still happy with my Triple Redeye retirement gift that I ordered for myself back in the old days of actual deals. (Though I will give a shout out to Steve White Motors for being a stand-up dealership and refunding my deposit no questions asked. I have bought cars from them previously and it was always a good experience).

Attachments

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
Oh and yeah, I beat the crap out of my cars too and have been doing it for 45 years since I got my license (and before actually). Here's me running my BS27RB396774 hemicuda ragtop at the 1986 Supercar Showdown. That was when it was only worth thousands of dollars and not millions. Sadly, the car sits on a pedestal in a museum now and hasn't turned a wheel in anger in decades. :-(.

yellowcuda2.jpg yellowcuda1.jpg

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Oh and yeah, I beat the crap out of my cars too and have been doing it for 45 years since I got my license (and before actually). Here's me running my BS27RB396774 hemicuda ragtop at the 1986 Supercar Showdown. That was when it was only worth thousands of dollars and not millions. Sadly, the car sits on a pedestal in a museum now and hasn't turned a wheel in anger in decades. :-(.

View attachment 132011 View attachment 132012
SICKKKK!!!!!!!

Great info above btw, happy with my measly 797hp redeye, runs pretty good!

bennydodge

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hudson, Colorado
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

View attachment 132011 View attachment 132012

Hell yeah Steve! I remember being a zit faced teenager and seeing your cars adorning the pages of many different Mopar magazines. I believe you owned a red '70 Hemi Charger R/T that ran 12.7's at around 111 mph and I think it had a power sunroof as well?? Me and my buddies used dream about owning many of the Mopars you had. Do you still have any of those old chariots? Thanks for sharing the photos and the memories.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
Yeah, that's me - the idiot that has sold more bazillion dollar hemi cars (before they were worth a bazillion dollars) than any other poor soul on the planet. But I enjoyed (and beat) the hell out of each and every one on the dragstrip back in the day!

You have a good memory! It did run 12.77@111 on street rubber. Here's that one-of-13 produced, 1970 R/T-SE Charger Hemi 4 speed with 17,000 miles beating a '69 Buick with a 1970 Stage 1 engine at Englishtown back in the day. I sold it to send my kids to college (at a state school with in-state tuition :ROFLMAO:)

The sunroof car was the 1971 but that's another story. I should probably stop hijacking this thread and just start one in the intro-to-new-guy section here.

englishtown2006a.jpg hemmings1.jpg

Last edited:

bennydodge

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hudson, Colorado
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
:LOL: I do remember the '71 Hemi Charger-orange with white interior and the power sunroof- LOADED with options, probably the coolest '71 ever made! That was the car that made me appreciate the '71 B-bodies.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Yeah, that's me - the idiot that has sold more bazillion dollar hemi cars (before they were worth a bazillion dollars) than any other poor soul on the planet. But I enjoyed (and beat) the hell out of each and every one on the dragstrip back in the day!

You have a good memory! It did run 12.77@111 on street rubber. Here's that one-of-13 produced, 1970 R/T-SE Charger Hemi 4 speed with 17,000 miles beating a '69 Buick with a 1970 Stage 1 engine at Englishtown back in the day. I sold it to send my kids to college (at a state school with in-state tuition :ROFLMAO:)

The sunroof car was the 1971 but that's another story. I should probably stop hijacking this thread and just start one in the intro-to-new-guy section here.

View attachment 132016 View attachment 132018
English town, lot of history. Too bad no more 1/4 mi racing. Used to like going down for Mopar events, Racing, shows with buy sell flea market. The good ol days.
some great cars you had…. And have!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
:LOL: I do remember the '71 Hemi Charger-orange with white interior and the power sunroof- LOADED with options, probably the coolest '71 ever made! That was the car that made me appreciate the '71 B-bodies.
The infamous 71 sunroof hemi Charger 1 of 1. I sold it to Greenbay Packers linebacker Kevin Green in the early 1990's and he later sold it to Tim Wellborn. It recently sold a couple times at Mecum. Sadly, another sits-on-a-pedestal car now. Best time was a 13.80 at ATCO. It was a heavy car at 4,600 lbs. (the 70 was 4,040 lbs)

Attachments