Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Wide body Charger Red Eye

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
I informed my dealer, as soon as one is available to order put me down for one. I saw the promo wide body charger out in Las Vegas last month when I was out there. I love it. Can't wait for it to start in production. Probably won't be till 2021 model.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Must admit I am intrigued by it. Though, not sure I want to take a loss on mine to get it. I plan to stay away from the dealerships when it comes out. :LOL:

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
Same here...far far away!

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
I dont understand why they wouldnt make one or why it hasnt been announced already. Makes no sense to me to have a Redeye challenger and not a charger. Not sure what they are waiting for.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I dont understand why they wouldnt make one or why it hasnt been announced already. Makes no sense to me to have a Redeye challenger and not a charger. Not sure what they are waiting for.
Because business reasons. It baffles me the number of irrational emotional responses demanding hyper-immediate satisfaction to a problem they don't have. I want. I want. I want. Great - but, are you dropping $71K or more for another one to replace the car you bought in the last 3 years? No. Highly unlikely. However, if you did buy a HC in 2015 in 2021 your six year warranty is up and Dodge knows you are probably making more money and may want to "upgrade". By contrast, the number of egotists (folks with micro penises and the desire to tout a 1 of 1 or first year car) who will want the 2020 Charger widebody that will trade in on the 2021 Charger Redeye is quite low (so f*ck those guys). It is a simple business model.

https://moparinsiders.com/yes-dodge-will-introduce-a-charger-srt-hellcat-redeye-in-2020/

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
Its not about having to wait, I can do that. I just want them to do it so in 2-3 years when I am able to grab a HC its a charger WB RE.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Its not about having to wait, I can do that. I just want them to do it so in 2-3 years when I am able to grab a HC its a charger WB RE.
I literally just wrote that. However, trading up in 3-4 years after purchase from a 392 car to a Redeye is much different than jumping from a HC to Redeye after just 2-3 years as the net loss is much higher. Dodge understands its customers - and I am not talking about the irrational online sort, just those with actual money/buying power.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
I love the Widebody Challenger and Charger, as well as the Redeye. I’m just not in the position to make that kind of upgrade. The only reason I’m in a Hellcat is because I found a leftover 2016 in October of 2017 for $55,000. Up until that point, I was shopping the 392 Charger. I’m sure we’ll see a Redeye Charger in the near future.