Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

When are the order banks open for a ‘23 Durango?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I’ll welcome myself to the Durango part of our family, with a question because I don’t want to miss even a day. Good things have happened to me over the last six weeks and now the short story is I want to order a new 2033 Durango SRT and need one for my DD!! I may be renting something to fill in a couple of months but that is okay. Hey, and to derail the thread for a while, just post up where they offer to rent or lease a POS reasonably for a couple of months- suggestions are appreciated.

What do you experts know? I hear “soon”. If we keep this thread alive, then the best info (no fake news chit) as always on about anything comes off our auto Forum!:)

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
At least your optimistic and ordering a 2033 Durango [driving]Are you expecting Dodge to still be in existence after they go all electric ?

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
At least your optimistic and ordering a 2033 Durango [driving]
Most of the alternatives suck. Plus I obviously like the Mopar cockpits and control systems. You will need to give me lessons on that Chev product when the miracle happens.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I just did a quick search and found this one.
Screenshot_20220924-084108_Carscom.jpg

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
Thanks David. But I need:
Black exterior- white is for you people in hot climates. I personally also hate a blank white color on a vehicle. Just don’t care for it as much as I don’t care for yellow or green.

Tow package- must have period. How the fuck do they order a Durango WITHOUT a damn tow package, that is ignorant. It should be standard!

Laguna Leather - only comes in Demonic Red/black - must have. The base black interior is cheap, and not leather. Any suede on a seat reminds me of my mid-70’s T/A’s and shag carpet.

Otherwise entirely loaded, including a premium interior group and the Brembo brakes.

NO BLACK PACKAGE - a must NOT- have, I hate any black trim emphasis.

NO +++$595 stupid order for tires that don’t work in the winter.

NO CALIFORNIA CARS at any color FOR $+$92,000! Or built for those fuckers. I won’t even begin a buying process in that communist state.

I was excited and was just about to put a deposit on this one yesterday, (I have done DEEP searches). It is the only new unit in the nation that is black with a tow package. But the stupid fuckers in North Carolina checked two wrong boxes. Tires that will need replaced instantly for $2,500 and that fuckin stupid ugly and greatly overpriced black package. I was very disappointed when I found its’ sticker.

5CBE70ED-40F4-4B18-AD38-F6715213970D.png

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thanks David. But I need:
Black exterior- white is for you people in hot climates. I personally also hate a blank white color on a vehicle. Just don’t care for it as much as I don’t care for yellow or green.

Tow package- must have period. How the fuck do they order a Durango WITHOUT a damn tow package, that is ignorant. It should be standard!

Laguna Leather - only comes in Demonic Red/black - must have. The base black interior is cheap, and not leather. Any suede on a seat reminds me of my mid-70’s T/A’s and shag carpet.

Otherwise entirely loaded, including a premium interior group and the Brembo brakes.

NO BLACK PACKAGE - a must NOT- have, I hate any black trim emphasis.

NO +++$595 stupid order for tires that don’t work in the winter.

NO CALIFORNIA CARS at any color FOR $+$92,000! Or built for those fuckers. I won’t even begin a buying process in that communist state.

I was excited and was just about to put a deposit on this one yesterday, (I have done DEEP searches). It is the only new unit in the nation that is black with a tow package. But the stupid fuckers in North Carolina checked two wrong boxes. Tires that will need replaced instantly for $2,500 and that fuckin stupid ugly and greatly overpriced black package. I was very disappointed when I found its’ sticker.

View attachment 82968
I didn't look at the window sticker. It was the discount off of msrp that got my attention.
Looks like you should find a great deal out there somewhere?

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
I didn't look at the window sticker. It was the discount off of msrp that got my attention.
Looks like you should find a great deal out there somewhere?
Maybe. But with my explanation above you can understand why I may need to custom order one. Can’t get another Octane Red vehicle, I already have two. That gray color belongs in Russia, it don’t even shine.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Maybe. But with my explanation above you can understand why I may need to custom order one. Can’t get another Octane Red vehicle, I already have two. That gray color belongs in Russia, it don’t even shine.
I found 25 in black with the demonic interior nationwide. Sorting through them is a pita.

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
@DGatzby don't compromise on a vehicle that doesn't meet 100% of your expectations. Ordering the Durango exactly the way you want it, is worth the wait. Buying something off the lot is just another vehicle, just as you know when you ordered your RedEye. It's like Christmas when the car you ordered comes in

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I guess that I'm not that picky. As long as it has the options that I want and I can make a good deal. The color isn't a huge factor with me as long as it's not insane.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Not sure how they got to $92k on an SRT. I 'built' one on-line & ticked every box except tech & sunroof and it came to 81K.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
No kidding, and that's for 392 models, The '21 Hellcats were low $90s...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Not sure how they got to $92k on an SRT. I 'built' one on-line & ticked every box except tech & sunroof and it came to 81K.
I went on their website and that truck couldn't be found. Of course, it was sold last night...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
But the stupid fuckers in North Carolina checked two wrong boxes. Tires that will need replaced instantly for $2,500 and that fuckin stupid ugly and greatly overpriced black package. I was very disappointed when I found its’ sticker.

Welcome to my world, DGatzby.

Whenever I'm looking for a pickup or cab and chassis and they are actually optioned correctly (as in very few options), some dimwit checked the $375 box for the "dial-a-transfer-case". I want the fully functional lever.

So, I end up ordering. And by the way, one more reason not to buy from California...you apparently have to register the car there in order to buy it. Helluva deal.

And in Arizona, the buyer must pick the vehicle up, or a licensed transporter. I was not allowed to go get my girlfriend's ordered Audi, which ended up arriving (intact and correctly tied down, thankfully) on a cheap flatbed behind a pickup, driven by a nice enough guy who didn't speak a word of English.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
3rd row delete is a must have for me - double dog dare ya to find one on the ground !!
Had to order the R/T I have now as the 2rd row bench was mandatory for me & there were none to be found. Most dealers click the captains chairs + sunroof which I hate, many skip the tow pkg which is just stupid IMO.

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
My guy not take of you? let me know.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
@DGatzby

"Miles" in thread title?

"Open"?

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
I found 25 in black with the demonic interior nationwide. Sorting through them is a pita.
Now set the filter to include a TOW PACKAGE, & SRT, and BLACK EXTERIOR.

My guy not take of you? let me know.
He assigned me another guy. So the other guy called. Please reiterate that the minute they can order a ‘23 to call me immediately. I am not sure he understands how serious of a buyer I am.

But, you are famous Apparently Dodge has closed the ‘22 banks, and not opened the ‘23 orders.

But he was not that much help. He was no help searching the network for an existing or suggestions or offers on a temp vehicle IF we order one.

It is a Commyfornia dealer. I stopped reading it after I knew that.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #19
@DGatzby

"Miles" in thread title?

"Open"?
Thanks. I guess we need to add F… Apple to some things we like to look at. I am about tired of my phone thinking it can do that shit and other changes.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Now set the filter to include a TOW PACKAGE, & SRT, and BLACK EXTERIOR.

He assigned me another guy. So the other guy called. Please reiterate that the minute they can order a ‘23 to call me immediately. I am not sure he understands how serious of a buyer I am.

But, you are famous Apparently Dodge has closed the ‘22 banks, and not opened the ‘23 orders.

But he was not that much help. He was no help searching the network for an existing or suggestions or offers on a temp vehicle IF we order one.

It is a Commyfornia dealer. I stopped reading it after I knew that.
Nah. I'm going to take a nap.