Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Well somebody has to know...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My Demon needed a battery...so out with the old...off to the parts store..home with the new battery...now I try to open the trunk...nada..nothing...WTF...no key hole so that's out...double WTF...now when something perplexes me that I'm working on...I give it a half hr....then turn out the lights its tmro's problem...so my wife googles it...(i'm done fuckin with it for tonight)...she says I got it..pull the rear seat down..climb in the trunk and find the latch...now I have a rear seat delete...and the speedlogics track bar...and I'm no Borneo midget...this aint gonna work...so as I sit here pondering the lint in my navel...I cant help but wonder...If I attach a battery charger under the hood...in the absence of a battery...will the charger be able to power the system to open the trunk...If not...any skinny midget interested in a smokin deal on a Demon...PM me...interesting trades considered..(carloads of hookers considered)

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Just attach a charger or jump pack to the under hood connections & pop the trunk !
WAY - WAY easier than crawling into the trunk via the backseat & using the emer pull ;)

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Just attach a charger or jump pack to the under hood connections & pop the trunk !
WAY - WAY easier than crawling into the trunk via the backseat & using the emer pull ;)
Awww Mikey yer da man...I kinda figured it would work...just wasn't sure about there not being a battery in the car Thanks again Mikey(y)(y)

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Been there, done that, this works.
👍👍

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
So my Demon battery (2018) is still going strong. It has been on a trickle charger when not in use though from day 1. I think that supercharges (yes, pun intended) longevity.

Did yours have a tender?

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I have a couple skinny midgets that live with me if you have to resort to Plan B.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #7
So my Demon battery (2018) is still going strong. It has been on a trickle charger when not in use though from day 1. I think that supercharges (yes, pun intended) longevity.

Did yours have a tender?
I did have a battery tender..I think the tender may have been faulty...it was flashing red to green when I opened the trunk...my 16 HC battery is still functioning properly...all my vehicles are stored @ 65 degrees..and 50% humidity year round...(all on tenders)

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I have a couple skinny midgets that live with me if you have to resort to Plan B.
I know of a couple guys that skinny magnets got them in a pickle and they used plan B snd it worked for them. Them skinny magnets can get you in trouble, be careful!!

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
I did have a battery tender..I think the tender may have been faulty...it was flashing red to green when I opened the trunk...my 16 HC battery is still functioning properly...all my vehicles are stored @ 65 degrees..and 50% humidity year round...(all on tenders)
Strange development...I hooked up an industrial battery charger under the hood,,,set it @ 40 amps...it wouldn't actuate the trunk..so..I hooked up the new battery with jumper cables under the hood...bingo..trunk opened...(not that it matters)..why didn't the battery charger work ?...any ideas :unsure:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Strange development...I hooked up an industrial battery charger under the hood,,,set it @ 40 amps...it wouldn't actuate the trunk..so..I hooked up the new battery with jumper cables under the hood...bingo..trunk opened...(not that it matters)..why didn't the battery charger work ?...any ideas :unsure:
It hates you and makes you work for it.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
It hates you and makes you work for it.
You have no idea how true that is....my last oil change..(takes about 3 hrs...)..I got it up on the lift..cleanin and polishin every nut..bolt..every surface..amor all the wheel wells...well finally got it down...ran it..checked the level..all good out the door I go..next morning..go in the shop...Fuckin oil everywhere..(I mean everywhere)..people on the next street heard me droppin F bombs...well my fault..I pulled the old filter..the rubber gasket sticks to the block..I dont check it when I put the new filter on..I got two gaskets on there...Uh to make matters worse..my mancave..is carpeted...oh year the Demon hates me...then the wife offers her pearl of wisdom...aren't ya supposed to check that stuff...I had oil commin outta every hole in my body cleanin up that mess

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Could be too much juice ?? I know these cars are very sensitive to the amps/volts flowing from the battery.
I've had issues 2x now with mine, 1st @ 2yrs old when a cell died (wouldn't even start with 2 jump-packs connected). 2nd was last month when there seemed like plenty of juice & the volt meter was normal when it was running, but weird electrical things were happening at start-up.

Both times, new battery installed & poof problems gone !

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
You have no idea how true that is....my last oil change..(takes about 3 hrs...)..I got it up on the lift..cleanin and polishin every nut..bolt..every surface..amor all the wheel wells...well finally got it down...ran it..checked the level..all good out the door I go..next morning..go in the shop...Fuckin oil everywhere..(I mean everywhere)..people on the next street heard me droppin F bombs...well my fault..I pulled the old filter..the rubber gasket sticks to the block..I dont check it when I put the new filter on..I got two gaskets on there...Uh to make matters worse..my mancave..is carpeted...oh year the Demon hates me...then the wife offers her pearl of wisdom...aren't ya supposed to check that stuff...I had oil commin outta every hole in my body cleanin up that mess
041 SRT filter? Their gasket practically falls off on its own.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Strange development...I hooked up an industrial battery charger under the hood,,,set it @ 40 amps...it wouldn't actuate the trunk.
A modern, smart, battery charger may not put out anything if hooked up to a bad battery.
You just need to be smarter than the tools you use. Or, use another (dumb) battery instead.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
That royally sucks. Sorry to hear about your mess. I’d be pissed too. Had the rubber gasket stick to the block the first time I changed the oil on my HC but luckily I caught it when I examined the filter. I was like WTF? Looked and sure as shit the gasket’s stuck to the block.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #16
A modern, smart, battery charger may not put out anything if hooked up to a bad battery.
You just need to be smarter than the tools you use. Or, use another (dumb) battery instead.
WTF...Jimmie...I'm an idiot remember..:rolleyes:

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #17
That royally sucks. Sorry to hear about your mess. I’d be pissed too. Had the rubber gasket stick to the block the first time I changed the oil on my HC but luckily I caught it when I examined the filter. I was like WTF? Looked and sure as shit the gasket’s stuck to the block.
Well Smitty...yer alot more thorough than I am...this ain't my first rodeo...but it's the last time I get gored by this bull

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Well Smitty...yer alot more thorough than I am...this ain't my first rodeo...but it's the last time I get gored by this bull
We’ll I don’t know about thorough. I think it was more luck because I happened to be comparing the old and new filters and noticed it. Now….I’d call it thorough😂 I definitely check. 😏

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Looked and sure as shit the gasket’s stuck to the block.
There's really no need to look. When cleaning the surface in preparation for the new filter, it's painfully easy to feel that it's not the flat surface it should be.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States